Premium Package

Jerry and Shelly

OK - just went to the X site - does anyone know the price of the "classic package" ? that sounds right up DH and my alley! but I can't seem to find any price list for any of the packages...

I'd like to hear from someone from Jersey on this - since the cruise I'm looking at is out of Barcelona, I'd get hit with the tax unless we wait until we're out to sea. However, I'd prefer to pre-buy my package, if I don't have to worry about paying NJ sales tax.

While I don't currently live in NJ, I'll be going on an Eastern Med cruise this fall with my parents who do live in NJ. When they ordered their drink packages, they were not charged any sales tax on their order.

First I want to thank you JG for all of your hard work putting together all of these prices. I've been watching your various posts requesting information on the different drinks. Great job!!!

To all who had questions about sales tax, if you look at Celebrity's website it does not say anything about adding sales tax, only that the 15% gratuity is included which is a great deal. Classic alcohol package is $45.00 per night and premium $56.50 but that includes the 15% so it's really like spending $38 and $48 respectively before that tip. Really a no brainer for me. I purchased the "frozen drinks package" when the original packages rolled out and was not charged any taxes.

We are doing a TA on the Equinox 5/2/11 and with so many sea days does X offer this package? Great if they do.

Yes they will offer the package but you won't be able to purchase it until closer to sailing. We are sailing in December and the packages still aren't available yet. I'm figuring they will be available about the same time as the shore excursions which is usually within the 90 day window.

enjoy!

While I don't currently live in NJ, I'll be going on an Eastern Med cruise this fall with my parents who do live in NJ. When they ordered their drink packages, they were not charged any sales tax on their order.

Awesome. Thanks!

Thank you, 'kitkat9438," for your recognition of my efforts. :D

I'd be interested in hearing anything about the other packages available as well. DH and I will be on the Eclipse Jan 2011 - He's more of the Premium Pkg kind of guy while I am more in to sodas/waters/wines.... Thanks for whatever scoop anybody has!

Hi, "punkinlr."

The following prices (and lists of available beverages) were taken from the Celebrity site on July 9, so I think that they are still correct ...

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package (15.00 per day, which includes service charge): In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections (such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, and Coke Zero), enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package (18.50 per day, which includes service charge): [Adds to the above:] Premium Bottled Water (from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino), Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink, and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

Classic [Alcoholic] Package (45.00 per day, which includes service charge): [Adds to both of the above:] all beers up to $5 per serving ... as well as all spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Premium [Alcoholic] Package (56.50 per day, which includes service charge):

[includes all of the (above) lower-priced packages AND adds:] Celebrity's entire selection of beers ... as well as all spirits, cocktails, and wines served by the glass up to $12 per serving.

Packages do not include your refrigerator's contents nor beverages delivered by Room Service.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I received an e-mail from Celebrity re sales tax yesterday, July 28th in response to an e-mail that I sent the line on the subject. I am leaving from San Diego. The rep stated that Celebrity will not charge sales tax on my beverage packages if I buy them on line or on the ship.

This may vary by jurisdiction. To be safe I will keep a copy of this e-mail just in case. I cruised earlier this year in RCL's Radiance. I ordered a glass of wine prior to departure and I was charged sales tax. This was a first for me. HAL, Windstar, and Princess have never charged me sales tax.

Hope this is helpful.

:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

We almost always tip an extra $1 or $2 per drink order above the included 15%. We are definately going to both purchase the premium liquor. We don't want to have to carry cash all the time. How will we be able to tip the extra $1-2? Do they still bring you a charge slip with 0 on it but still include the extra tip line?

Thanks

Worth it??? Definitely.

Buy it again?? Definitely.

Never had to think about what I was trying. Cellar Masters staff knew we were on the package and encouraged us to try within our budget, as did our wine waiter. All cocktails and premium coffees were included- I would never have bought them otherwise.

On the flip side I have now developed the taste for Grey Goose Orange shaken with ice!

Worth it??? Definitely.

Never had to think about what I was trying. Cellar Masters staff knew we were on the package and encouraged us to try within our budget, as did our wine waiter. All cocktails and premium coffees were included- I would never have bought them otherwise.

On the flip side I have now developed the taste for Grey Goose Orange shaken with ice!

HI What was the price limit per glass on wine? thanks.

Worth it??? Definitely.

What was the price limit per glass of wine? Thanks

Worth it??? Definitely.

What was the price limit per glass of wine? Thanks.

Yes it's $12 on the Premium, $8 on the Classic.

Not all bar/restaurants have the same wine list. However, we had a very nice wine in Qsine which wasn't on the main dining room menu. We told our wine waiter about it and she was more than happy to get it for us.

Archived