OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

Laura has now set up our group forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=671 :D

As soon as I'm home, I will post the prices and booking information there, so people will no longer have to email me unless they have a specific question.

I've also set up a couple of threads, including one called "who's who", where everyone (red and blue alike :D), I hope will post a little about themselves and anyone they may be cruising with. If you have a picture you'd like to include, that would be great.

I'll start up a few other threads there as we need them.

This thread will still be the main one for chatting, etc., but info that people need to find quickly will be in the group forums. On my Panama Canal roll call, we had over 20,000 posts by the time we cruised, and the B2B roll call is getting close to 10,000 posts, and I have a feeling this one will get a lot of posts, too. It's one of the advantages of having a group cruise, that we have the group forums, so information doesn't get lost. :D

A certain Cruise Critic member (who shall remain nameless but it rythms with

"gigi") was dancing in the disco one night ... barefoot.

Unfortunately, there was one Security guard (maybe more than one, but one that I remember specifically) that was not pleased with this decision and voiced her opinion on several occasions.....

so we started calling this Security guard the "shoe police"..... :)

LMAO...seriously?? They didn't want anyone dancing barefoot????? :eek::p:D

That's insane!! LOL!

All they allow on CCL ships and being barefoot in the disco is a no-no????

Good grief! :D

When the nudists have their sailing, do they have to wear shoes???? :p

There you go. :D

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila – BOOKED

3. Danysmom - Cheryl and Roselle - BOOKED

4. Danysmom's SIL and DN - Darlene and Shyanne - BOOKED

5. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) – BOOKED

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie - BOOKED

7. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie - BOOKED

8. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva - BOOKED

9. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

10. Halos – Angel and Bill - BOOKED

11. Halos sister and BIL – Karen and Charlie - BOOKED

12. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie - BOOKED

13. Friend of Halos – Dawn - BOOKED

14. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

15. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett - BOOKED

16. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff – BOOKED

17. BeverlyF - Beverly and Jim - BOOKED

18. Valp41 - Val and Carol – BOOKED

19. Charleyann - Charley and Jacob-Bryce - BOOKED

20. Carolynsd – Carolyn and Jennifer - BOOKED

21. Hon2u - Debbie - BOOKED

22. Hues of blue's DD and SIL - Jessica and Dan – BOOKED

23. Hues of blue - Sherri and Scott – BOOKED

24. Little5251 - Connie and Gerald - BOOKED

25. LornaT – Lorna and Jess – BOOKED

26. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

27. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

28. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

29. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

30. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

31. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

32. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

33. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade – BOOKED

34. Lvroberts – Sheri and Jim – BOOKED

35. Harlekuin - Lori and Dave - BOOKED

36. Pzerba and jayzee - Paul and Jennifer - BOOKED

37. Mizdkc - The Bear and Debra - BOOKED

38. Golfpccc - Dave and Carla - BOOKED

39. Big Green - Bud and Pat - BOOKED

40. Dogbert's Mom - Janice and Don - BOOKED

41. Khut - Karen and Bill - BOOKED

42. LHP - David, Linda and DJ - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

I will take the lovely number of 16 as it is my birthdate and I will be celebrating the DOUBLE NICKEL with you wonderful folks!

Anna

Hey David,

I hope you have a great cruise!

I've enjoyed your reviews and look forward to meeting you and Wade....:)

Bon Voyage!

Hey thank you. We are actually flying out early Saturday morning for the Fascination. We live about 15 minutes from the Atlanta airport so it makes flying easy for us. I hate flying the day of, but I didn't want to take any more work off then necessary. We are finishing up our packing now, but it is pretty easy for us at this point. This will be our third time on the Fascination.

I see you live in NC. We have a cabin in NC right across the GA/NC boarder near Franklin. It is in the Valley of Highlands. What part are you guys from?

Everyone must be dreaming about our cruise to Hawaii.:)

It has gotten very quiet, hasn't it? :D

At the office I'm working at, someone brought in an Avon book. I haven't seen an Avon book in ages, so I was looking through it. Lo and behold, there's a watch with 3 different straps...one of which has SLIPPAHS all over it! :D Only $14.99, so I guess I'm going to have to buy one.

Hey thank you. We are actually flying out early Saturday morning for the Fascination. We live about 15 minutes from the Atlanta airport so it makes flying easy for us. I hate flying the day of, but I didn't want to take any more work off then necessary. We are finishing up our packing now, but it is pretty easy for us at this point. This will be our third time on the Fascination.

I see you live in NC. We have a cabin in NC right across the GA/NC boarder near Franklin. It is in the Valley of Highlands. What part are you guys from?

Hey David,

I've lived in Chapel Hill since 1978. I grew up in a small mountain town (Canton) and we had a boat house on Fontana Lake.

I knew Franklin and the Highlands well (back in the day) and that quick trip over the mountain to Hotlanta! :D

Man that could be one foggy drive! :eek:

Sandy,

Thanks for sending me the prices but I think we will pass. I have a big birthday in September 2012 and I really want to either go back to China or do a cruise to Greece.

Unfortunately we don't have vacation time to do both that and Hawaii.

Have a great time everyone. We did the Spirit to Hawaii in 2005 an absolutely loved it!

Take Care, Diana

It has gotten very quiet, hasn't it? :D

At the office I'm working at, someone brought in an Avon book. I haven't seen an Avon book in ages, so I was looking through it. Lo and behold, there's a watch with 3 different straps...one of which has SLIPPAHS all over it! :D Only $14.99, so I guess I'm going to have to buy one.

DING DONG AVON Well Sandy when your assignment there ends, I also sell Avon. Feel free to check my link on Facebook. You will be decked out in Hawaiian garb before we even leave SanDiego

Good Morning everyone :D

Pia, I saw on the other thread that you are going to do a NE/Canada cruise which stops in Portland, ME.

If you want, I have recommendations for you while there (I live 20 minutes from Portland). The Old Port, where the ship docks is just awesome...lots of stores, restaurants (really GOOD restaurants) and charm up the wazzoo. I know you'll love it :)

{I just peeked at the web site for the TA I usually use and there are still only inside and OV's available on their site for this sailing :eek: }

Sandy,

Thanks for sending me the prices but I think we will pass. I have a big birthday in September 2012 and I really want to either go back to China or do a cruise to Greece.

Unfortunately we don't have vacation time to do both that and Hawaii.

Have a great time everyone. We did the Spirit to Hawaii in 2005 an absolutely loved it!

Take Care, Diana

Thanks, Diana. Sorry you won't be joining us, but either of those trips sounds wonderful and I hope you have a great time.

Happy Friday, everyone!

In just

9.gif0.gif

weeks, the Moana Malihinis will be boarding the Carnival Spirit for our wonderful cruise to Hawaii.

This week's Hawaiian word is:

aikane (ai-ka-nay) friend

Happy Friday AIKANES!!:D

Pia, I saw on the other thread that you are going to do a NE/Canada cruise which stops in Portland, ME.

If you want, I have recommendations for you while there (I live 20 minutes from Portland). The Old Port, where the ship docks is just awesome...lots of stores, restaurants (really GOOD restaurants) and charm up the wazzoo. I know you'll love it :)

{I just peeked at the web site for the TA I usually use and there are still only inside and OV's available on their site for this sailing :eek: }

For real???? No more balconies? Wow. I have cousins (and our usual travel partners) who booked this cruise several days ago with our usual agent. We have every intention of booking this cruise, but for personal reasons were going to wait a bit before booking because the deposit with that agent was $800 and the personal reasons included a possibility of cancelling. In my usual daily reading of CCL boards on CC, I came across this one, and of course, the terms for deposit, etc. are way better and safer for me at this time. But now, NO BALCONIES???? I suppose I can live with an OV or IN since I've cruised to Hawaii before. Oh well.

Okay, the reason you've got two countdowns this week is because I posted the first one and then when I came back to the thread, there were only red "x"s showing, so I reposted. Guess the dancing numbers decided to show up after all. :D

I've added a couple more threads to the group forum: "Celebrations" and "Onboard Activities". If you are celebrating something during the cruise (or the cruise is in celebration of something), please post and let us know what it is. And if there are any activities you'd like to suggest, here's your chance.

Also, there have been a few people who have posted in the "who's who" thread. Thank you. I hope everyone will check it out and post something. It's a great way to get to know your fellow Moana Malihinis. :D

I am BOOKED!!! I booked the 4C guarantee. I will be Solo unless I talk my sister or daughter into coming with me. So looking forward to this. I had to get permission from work before committing to this as I will need to be off work for greater than 2 weeks.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Pat

Although....further to my previous email, my usual agency has lots of balconies available....in excess of 50.

Archived