OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

I don't see the prices on this cruise dropping much.

Only days before Johna got back to you with the prices, the cost of this cruise was much less. (unfortunate, but it is what it is). I had checked my usual on line agency so I'd have a comparison when the prices came in.

Between then and the time you got the prices, they went up considerably when I rechecked the on line site. Although the group rate was higher than the rate I had seen just days before, it now was considerably lower... (Johna did good by us as far as I'm concerned)

So, I agree...the price of this cruise isn't going to drop. I think it's booking fast enough that they may likely raise the prices.

I find this is the normal cycle with longer cruises...they come out of the gate at a very low rate and then go up as SOON as the cabins start to fill.

Only at the very end of the booking period, if the cabins are not selling, do the rates comes down.

Wow, the list is really growing and I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hawaii has been on my bucket list too and I don't know how I will be able to do all the things that I would like to do :confused:

Sandy, Host Mach will fix the title for you. He has fixed things for me before with one quick email :)

That is a tough decision to make. I know people have very strong opinions about taking kids out of school for travel, but it would be a long time away from them.

I know my daughter isn't happy with me about not taking her. She is 10 now and will be 12 then, but she will miss too much school. Spring break is the month before that for her. She is going with me this Dec. on the Valor. I will try to do something else for her in between.:)

I know my daughter isn't happy with me about not taking her. She is 10 now and will be 12 then, but she will miss too much school. Spring break is the month before that for her. She is going with me this Dec. on the Valor. I will try to do something else for her in between.:)

Did you hear back from Johna?

Wow, the list is really growing and I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hawaii has been on my bucket list too and I don't know how I will be able to do all the things that I would like to do :confused:

Sandy, Host Mach will fix the title for you. He has fixed things for me before with one quick email :)

Thanks, Linda. I'll have to wait until I'm home to email Host Mach. Can't do it from the office computer.

Hi Sandy,

Johna didn't call me this morning, so I will call her in the morning.:D

Thanks for asking.

Get up early. :D :D I'm a very early riser and called her around 5 a.m. (BC time) and she called me back around 7:30 a.m. It's that 3 hr time difference that makes it hard to connect.

Get up early. :D :D I'm a very early riser and called her around 5 a.m. (BC time) and she called me back around 7:30 a.m. It's that 3 hr time difference that makes it hard to connect.

I'll be up at 6:00, that's 5:00 your time, 8:00 Johna's time I think. We are an hour ahead of you at this end of BC. Hopefully you will see a note from me in the morning saying we are BOOKED!!:D

i just emailed lucky for a reply back on the prices. am anxious too know what kind of cost i am looking at for a single. i would love a balcony but i will settle for a inside if need be. single, past guestt and over 55. can someone let the secret out on what the cabins are going for??? thanks so much. i really hope i can go on this cruise. thanks :)

They are 9 and 10. They also LOVE cruising! They are both straight A students and I know they would be okay, but that's a really long time since we live in AL and that would be at least 1 extra day before and after (although after we would get home on Sunday).

I stress to them that if they want to be able to do things like this they have to really study hard and keep up with their work, but usually it's only a couple of days or one week at the most....this would be over 2 weeks....not sure I can do that. Then, me and hubby would LOVE to go by ourself for a change, but we might find both grandma's and big sister in the closet by the time we got home - LOL

So at that time I would guess they would be 11 & 12? It is usually through the Jr Hi and above grades that make it hard to miss. The other thing to look into is that some states have rules about how much school a child can miss. Verify what your local school says about that before committing. As long as they are committed students, I say take them. There will be plenty of time for them to makeup work. Contact their respective teachers at the beginning of the school year (next year) and tell them up front what to expect. Make contact again about a month before hand and ask if there is any work that can be made up before the cruise.

This is the first round trip to Hawaii. The Spirit does one way cruises when she repositions to/from Seattle for the Alaska season each year. The cruises are 12 days and go from Ensenada to Honolulu (5 sea day and 7 days around Hawaii), then Honolulu to Vancouver (7 days around Hawaii and 5 sea days). Then does the reverse in September.

Actually they offered a sailing about 5 years ago. I wanted to do that one SO BAD... but just couldn't. I have been waiting for this to come around again.

i just emailed lucky for a reply back on the prices. am anxious too know what kind of cost i am looking at for a single. i would love a balcony but i will settle for a inside if need be. single, past guestt and over 55. can someone let the secret out on what the cabins are going for??? thanks so much. i really hope i can go on this cruise. thanks :)

Prices are not allowed to be posted until the group leader gets approval to do so. If you are interested in the price range, they usually are around the price of the ES rates.

Sandy should be home soon and she should be able to send you the pricing.

Prices can't be posted here but they can be shared by email :)

Okay. Back home and I have confirmation from Laura that I can email prices to anyone who is interested. :D It's definitely going to keep me busy answering all the emails until we can get the prices posted in our Group forum.

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila – BOOKED

3. Danysmom - Cheryl, Roselle, Darlene and DN

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) – BOOKED

5. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie - BOOKED

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

7. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva - BOOKED

8. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

9. Halos – Angel and Bill - BOOKED

10. Halos sister and BIL – Karen and Charlie

11. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie

12. Friend of Halos - Dawn

13. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

14. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett - BOOKED

15. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff – BOOKED

16. BeverlyF - Beverly and Jim - BOOKED

17. Valp41 - Val and Carol – BOOKED

18. Charlyann - Chaley and Jacob-Bryce - BOOKED

19. Hues of blue - Sherri and Scott – BOOKED

20. Hues of blue's DD and SIL - Jessica and Dan – BOOKED

21. Carolynsd – Carolyn and Jennifer - BOOKED

22. Hon2u - Debbie

23. Little5251 - Connie and Gerald - BOOKED

24. LornaT – Lorna and Jess – BOOKED

25. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

26. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

27. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

28. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

29. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

30. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

31. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

32. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade – BOOKED

33. Lvroberts – Sheri and Jim – BOOKED

34. Harlekuin - Lori and Dave - BOOKED

35. Pzerba and jayzee - Paul and Jennifer - BOOKED

36. Mizdkc - The Bear and Debra - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

Sandy should be home soon and she should be able to send you the pricing.

Prices can't be posted here but they can be shared by email :)

thanks for the heads-up. i have too plan well in advance for finacial reasons so this would be perfect timing if i can swing it. this will be a itinerary i have always wanted too do.

I have set up the cruise genie to automatically notify me of any price drops. Since I am on Early Saver, I have up till two days prior to sailing to try to catch a price drop.

But on this particular cruise, I think the chances of getting a lower price than I already have are slim. I think this will sell out.

Between the group price and Early Saver, I think we all have great prices. :)

Angel, I am trying to conjure up a mental picture of you. The Bear tells me you brought the Big Apple to Big Easy t-shirts on board and handed them out in 2007.

I have set up the cruise genie to automatically notify me of any price drops. Since I am on Early Saver, I have up till two days prior to sailing to try to catch a price drop.

But on this particular cruise, I think the chances of getting a lower price than I already have are slim. I think this will sell out.

Between the group price and Early Saver, I think we all have great prices. :)

Angel, I am trying to conjure up a mental picture of you. The Bear tells me you brought the Big Apple to Big Easy t-shirts on board and handed them out in 2007.

Were you on that 2007 repo??? :D

That was a HUGE roll call! There were over 100 of us. It would be hard to remember all the faces. Do you know that roll call is STILL going? :eek:

Rick is booked on this cruise too isn't he??? :)

thanks for the heads-up. i have too plan well in advance for finacial reasons so this would be perfect timing if i can swing it. this will be a itinerary i have always wanted too do.

I know exactly what you mean! I need to be able to budget for my cruises too and that requires a long term plan ;)

I hope you join us!

Okay. Back home and I have confirmation from Laura that I can email prices to anyone who is interested. :D It's definitely going to keep me busy answering all the emails until we can get the prices posted in our Group forum.

Sandy,

Please send me the prices too. The only thing stopping me from booking is leaving our labradoodle for such a long time. This is the only way I'll ever go to Hawaii though so the prices may persuade me. The email address is fsapp1 at comcast dot com

Thanks!

Hi all have been following along since the beginning of this thread and have decided to join in on the fun and go ahead and book. Will be contacting Johna tomorrow, woo hoo! I was wondering since I may be traveling solo what dinner time people were booking so I may be able to join in with group members for dinner?

Have a great evening everyone!:)

Hi all have been following along since the beginning of this thread and have decided to join in on the fun and go ahead and book. Will be contacting Johna tomorrow, woo hoo! I was wondering since I may be traveling solo what dinner time people were booking so I may be able to join in with group members for dinner?

I am cruising with my mom, sil, and niece and we are going to book early seating.:)

My cabinmate (Margie) and I have early dining. With the time change I know I would never make it to late dining.

The maternal unit and I are booked for early too:).. though she has no idea... havent even told her we are going....Not sure when I'll spring the surprise on her:p

Archived