OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

Where do you think you will stay?

I really like the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is right across the street from the pier. Later next year, I'll see what kind of a group rate I can get for us, but I'll also check out a couple of other hotels. I'm sure we can get a good deal somewhere.

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila - BOOKED

3. Danysmom - Cheryl, Roselle, Darlene and DN

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) - BOOKED

5. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie - BOOKED

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

7. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva - BOOKED

8. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

9. Halos – Angel and Bill - BOOKED

10. Halos sister and BIL – Karen and Charlie

11. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie

12. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

13. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett - BOOKED

14. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff - BOOKED

15. BeverlyF - Beverly and Jim - BOOKED

16. Valp41 - Val and Carol - BOOKED

17. Charlyann - Chaley and Jacob-Bryce - BOOKED

18. Hues of blue - Sherri and Scott - BOOKED

19. Hues of blue's DD and SIL - Jessica and Dan - BOOKED

20. LornaT – Lorna and Jess - BOOKED

21. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

22. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

22. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

23. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

24. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

25. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

26. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

27. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade – BOOKED

28. Lvroberts – Sheri and Jim - BOOKED

29. Harlekuin - Lori and Dave - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

I really like the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is right across the street from the pier. Later next year, I'll see what kind of a group rate I can get for us, but I'll also check out a couple of other hotels. I'm sure we can get a good deal somewhere.

We stayed there last year and love it, we watched the Spirit come in. We loved the bay view.

We will Want to come a couple of Days earlier to Do Disneyland and Universal. Can you tell me which airport to fly into, a good place to stay which won't break the bank?

Oh....is there a shuttle service from Disneyland to San Diego cruise port you can all recommend?

Many thanks

Charley

[

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila - BOOKED

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) - BOOKED

12. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

13. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett - BOOKED

14. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff - BOOKED

15. BeverlyF - Beverly and Jim - BOOKED

16. Valp41 - Val and Carol - BOOKED

17. Charlyann - Chaley and Jacob-Bryce - BOOKED

18. Hues of blue - Sherri and Scott - BOOKED

19. Hues of blue's DD and SIL - Jessica and Dan - BOOKED

20. LornaT – Lorna and Jess - BOOKED

21. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

22. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

22. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

23. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

24. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

25. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

26. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

27. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade – BOOKED

28. Lvroberts – Sheri and Jim - BOOKED

29. Harlekuin - Lori and Dave - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

Count us in, booked today. Carolyn & Jennifer from San Diego.

For those driving in and needing to leave their car, the Best Western Bayside Inn has Bya Veiw rooms so you can see the ship pull in, shuttle service to and from the pier and a package for parking your vehicle in their covered garage during the duration of your cruise. Been there 4 times now. Includes a Buffet Continental type breakfast (cereal, juice, eggs, bacon, toast and muffins, etc. at least that was it last time we were there) in the deal. Not luxury but nice and clean and the price with parking is hard to beat.

Holiday Inn has parking for like $12.00 per day just if you are a guest, no cruising parking package. You would have to park some where else while cruising. But as Sandy says .......... can't beat the view of the impression that the ship is about to ram the hotel while coming in to dock ......... it is that close.

We will Want to come a couple of Days earlier to Do Disneyland and Universal. Can you tell me which airport to fly into, a good place to stay which won't break the bank?

Oh....is there a shuttle service from Disneyland to San Diego cruise port you can all recommend?

Many thanks

Charley

Shuttle Service there are 2 I know of that might do it, Super Shuttle or Prime Time, but both would be pricy. Suggest flying into LAX and staying near Disneyland (I think Sandy knows a good spot). Now it seems that Disney has a package deal that for 2010 is called: 2010 Southern California CityPass and includes the following:

Experience a whole lot of fun under the Southern California sun and save 25% off main entrance prices! One low price gets you admission to five awesome attractions: Universal Studios HollywoodSM, SeaWorld® Adventure Park, your choice of the World-Famous San Diego Zoo® or the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park® and of course, a 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket for Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure® Park. Plus you receive an early entry admission to a designated Disneyland® Resort Theme Park.

And I have seen buses going into Universal Studios (I live 20 minutes away) with the Disneyland signage on them, so there might be transportation available as part of the package. If not get a rental car and return it to San Diego later. (I'm 1-1/2 hours north from Disneyland too).

ALOHA.

The MOALA MALIHINIS are now an Official Cruise Critic group cruise!!

Our name means "Ocean Visitors to Hawaii" and what a wonderful cruise this is going to be. 15 days of sun, tropical breezes, lush scenery, and lots of fun with friends, both old and new.

Hawaiians don't wear sandals or flip flops, they wear slippahs, so we've made our motto "It's Slippah TIme".

Here is the itinerary:

April 13 - San Diego

April 14 - at sea

April 15 - at sea

April 16 - at sea

April 17 - at sea

April 18 - Hilo - 10 a.m to 7 p.m.

April 19 - Maui - 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.

April 20 - Honolulu - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.

April 21 - Kona - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

April 22 - Kauai - 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

April 23 - at sea

April 24 - at sea

April 25 - at sea

April 26 - at sea

April 27 - Ensenada - 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

April 28 - San Diego

A reduced deposit of $25 per person is available for double occupancy guarantee cabins until October 1, 2011. The second deposit of $375 per person for those who book at the reduced deposit is due October 15, 2011. The full deposit of $400 per person is due for triple, quad, suite and cabin assignments at the time of booking. The final payment for the group is due December 30, 2011.

Guests may also book at the Early Saver rate advertised on Carnival's website with the full per person, non refundable deposit but will not receive the group amenity.

There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

AMENITIES:

$100 OBC per cabin

Champagne and chocolates

1 bottle of white wine

Cruise Critic Pins (one per person)

Additional Discount on all other Cruise Critic logo items

Come join us! The more, the merrier!

Sandy!

I think that you may just be right now the most popular CC'er out there!

Thanks again for putting this group togeather!

I want to go. How/Who do I contact?

Thanks

SweetpeaOne (and everyone else)

I may have jumped the gun on saying I can email the prices. I am really sorry and I hope I haven't jeopardized this group in any way. I am waiting to hear from Laura to find out if I'm allowed to email the prices or have to wait until we get our forum in the Member Cruises section to post the prices there.

I'm upset right now and mad at myself, so I hope you will all understand that I need to just wait until I hear from Laura. I really thought that it was okay to do it the way I did as I was sure I'd done it that way on previous group cruises.

Shuttle Service there are 2 I know of that might do it, Super Shuttle or Prime Time, but both would be pricy. Suggest flying into LAX and staying near Disneyland (I think Sandy knows a good spot). Now it seems that Disney has a package deal that for 2010 is called: 2010 Southern California CityPass and includes the following:

Experience a whole lot of fun under the Southern California sun and save 25% off main entrance prices! One low price gets you admission to five awesome attractions: Universal Studios HollywoodSM, SeaWorld® Adventure Park, your choice of the World-Famous San Diego Zoo® or the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park® and of course, a 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket for Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure® Park. Plus you receive an early entry admission to a designated Disneyland® Resort Theme Park.

And I have seen buses going into Universal Studios (I live 20 minutes away) with the Disneyland signage on them, so there might be transportation available as part of the package. If not get a rental car and return it to San Diego later. (I'm 1-1/2 hours north from Disneyland too).

Wow..great information ! Thank you

I first moved to Phoenix in 1975. My (late) husband and I had a home out by 35th Ave. and Bell Rd. (He was a police officer in Phoenix and lost his life while on duty). I moved around a couple of times but kept coming back there to Arizona a few times throughout the years. Years later I met my current husband who is from Minnesota and decided to try his "turf" for awhile. Been here for about 10 years. 2 of my children (and 1 grandchild) live close by us so I'm thinking we will probably be here for awhile.

WOW we were almost neighbors. My parent bought their house on 35th ave and Bethany in 1960. They thought they were moving way too far out in the country!

!:p Thats where I grew up.

My sister lived on 35th and t-bird!

If you havent been back too Phx in 10 years it has REALLY changed.

You can also take the train, there is a stop near Disneyland. The station in San Diego is about three blocks from the Cruise Terminal.

Trains:

Amtrak SurfLiner from San Diego to LA's Union Station, switch to Metro Link Blue Line to get to Anaheim, and the Red Line from Union Station will get you to Universal Studios Hollywood. And in downtown LA (7th Street/Metro station) you cn change to/from the Bue to the Red and Red to the Blue which ever way your going.

Blue line will also take you to Long Beach where the Splendor and Paradise are.

Charley - when I was in Disneyland, I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. It is on the same side as the entrance to Disneyland, a block or so away. It's an easy 10 min walk to the main gates and it's always rated either #1 or #2 on Trip Advisor.

I was there at Christmas, so the prices were a little higher, but I think it was only around $150/night and they have a nice free breakfast. You can buy day tours to Universal Studios from there, as well as lots of other attractions.

Even though it's close enough to walk, they do have a free shuttle to and from Disneyland that runs every 1/2 hour.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

And, like Carolynsd said, there's the Amtrak train that goes from Anaheim to San Diego and would be a nice ride. I believe there are several trains a day and the station is not far from Disneyland.

Is there no pricing info on this cruise yet?

There is, but I am just waiting to confirm with Laura that I can email them. If not, I'll have to wait until Laura gives us our forum in the Member Cruises section.

Check out the deck plans on Carnival's website. It will show where the 4B, 4C, 8B and 8C cabins are, so you know you'll be in one of those. If there is a particular cabin you want in those categories, you can always book it (if it's available), but you'd have to put down the full deposit.

Hello. Thinking about joining the group. This will be our first group cruise, so dont understand everything yet.

If we pay the $25 deposit it is a gaurantee room, and if we choose balcony, we will get either 8b or 8c? No chance of getting an obstructed view? Also when we pay the rest of the deposit, we get to choose from the rooms that are left?

Can you send me pricing info when you can? trishdock1 at yahoodotcom

Is there anything I should know about group cruises that is different from others. Thanks

There is, but I am just waiting to confirm with Laura that I can email them. If not, I'll have to wait until Laura gives us our forum in the Member Cruises section.

Sandy, unless something has changed you should be able to email pricing. Even Host Randy and Mach have done that so I don't think you did anything wrong :)

Sandy, unless something has changed you should be able to email pricing. Even Host Randy and Mach have done that so I don't think you did anything wrong :)

Thanks, Linda. There was an error with the pricing (one price was $20 higher, one was lower), so maybe that's what the problem was. I had to have booked, too, before sending out prices, but I am booked now so hopefully that isn't a problem anymore. I will wait until I get home from work tonight and maybe send out the prices again.

Hello. Thinking about joining the group. This will be our first group cruise, so dont understand everything yet.

If we pay the $25 deposit it is a gaurantee room, and if we choose balcony, we will get either 8b or 8c? No chance of getting an obstructed view? Also when we pay the rest of the deposit, we get to choose from the rooms that are left?

Can you send me pricing info when you can? trishdock1 at yahoodotcom

Is there anything I should know about group cruises that is different from others. Thanks

Yes, the categories we have for guaranteed cabins are 8b and 8c, so that is what you will get if you book. Obstructed view cabins are categories 4K and 7A, which aren't part of our guaranteed categories. And, yes, when you pay the balance of the deposit, you can choose your room.

With group cruises you get some amenities that you don't get booking on your own. Our group gets a $100 per cabin onboard credit, champagne and chocolates, a bottle of white wine, a Cruise Critic pin and a discount on any items purchased through the Cruise Critic store.

But, the rest is pretty much the same as when you book on your own and then join in the roll call - we will have activities planned, maybe some group excursions, etc., and you can join in any or all as you like.

Who's going (CC group in red):

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila – BOOKED

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) – BOOKED