OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

I really like the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is right across the street from the pier. Later next year, I'll see what kind of a group rate I can get for us, but I'll also check out a couple of other hotels. I'm sure we can get a good deal somewhere.

That sounds great! This is the hotel that I've read a lot about and it gets pretty good reviews. A group rate would be fantastic!

:cool:Bill

Sandy!

I think that you may just be right now the most popular CC'er out there!

Thanks again for putting this group togeather!

I agree! Thank you so much for putting this cruise together! My wife and I have always dreamed of sailing to Hawaii and you have made this dream come true! Looking so forward to meeting you in person!

That sounds great! This is the hotel that I've read a lot about and it gets pretty good reviews. A group rate would be fantastic!

My sister called about this hotel. She was told that we can book 50 weeks in advance. So we are looking are the end of next April to reserve a room.

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila – BOOKED

3. Danysmom - Cheryl, Roselle, Darlene and DN

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) – BOOKED

5. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie - BOOKED

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

7. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva - BOOKED

8. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

9. Halos – Angel and Bill - BOOKED

10. Halos sister and BIL – Karen and Charlie

11. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie

12. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

13. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett - BOOKED

14. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff – BOOKED

15. BeverlyF - Beverly and Jim - BOOKED

16. Valp41 - Val and Carol – BOOKED

17. Charlyann - Chaley and Jacob-Bryce - BOOKED

18. Hues of blue - Sherri and Scott – BOOKED

19. Hues of blue's DD and SIL - Jessica and Dan – BOOKED

20. Carolynsd – Carolyn and Jennifer - BOOKED

20. LornaT – Lorna and Jess – BOOKED

21. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

22. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

23. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

24. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

25. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

26. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

27. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

28. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade – BOOKED

29. Lvroberts – Sheri and Jim – BOOKED

30. Harlekuin - Lori and Dave - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

OK - Sandy add me to the list! :D

Hon2u - Debbie

I was so hoping to be lucky 21 in the red! ;)

Yes, the categories we have for guaranteed cabins are 8b and 8c, so that is what you will get if you book. Obstructed view cabins are categories 4K and 7A, which aren't part of our guaranteed categories. And, yes, when you pay the balance of the deposit, you can choose your room.

With group cruises you get some amenities that you don't get booking on your own. Our group gets a $100 per cabin onboard credit, champagne and chocolates, a bottle of white wine, a Cruise Critic pin and a discount on any items purchased through the Cruise Critic store.

But, the rest is pretty much the same as when you book on your own and then join in the roll call - we will have activities planned, maybe some group excursions, etc., and you can join in any or all as you like.

Thanks for the info.. This seems to be a very popular cruise, do you think there will still be rooms left(at reduced deposit) in a couple weeks ? Want a little time to think it over and talk to friends and see if they are interested in going. Or should I play it safe and book now? Thanks again!

My sister called about this hotel. She was told that we can book 50 weeks in advance. So we are looking are the end of next April to reserve a room.

A little word of caution. There is also a Holiday Inn Bayside, not the same as Holiday Inn on the Bay, they are on on the same street. Several CC members booked the wrong hotel and were not aware until they checked in.

Carolyn

A little word of caution. There is also a Holiday Inn Bayside, not the same as Holiday Inn on the Bay, they are on on the same street. Several CC members booked the wrong hotel and were not aware until they checked in.

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn, my sis asked to make sure it was the correct Holiday Inn. We want to do this cruise without having to rent a car!

I agree! Thank you so much for putting this cruise together! My wife and I have always dreamed of sailing to Hawaii and you have made this dream come true! Looking so forward to meeting you in person!

I second that DH and I have wanted to do this for sometime.

It is a great hotel DH and I stayed there lasy year and will stay there for our cruise in 2012.:)

Thanks for the info.. This seems to be a very popular cruise, do you think there will still be rooms left(at reduced deposit) in a couple weeks ? Want a little time to think it over and talk to friends and see if they are interested in going. Or should I play it safe and book now? Thanks again!

Well, of course, I'd say book now :D, but you won't have a problem if you wait a couple of weeks.

I'll add you to the list. Do I add BOOKED to your name or are you waiting to hear from Johna?

Waiting to hear back...hopefully soon!

Having lunch with a friend tomorrow who may join me on this cruise. :D ;)

I REALLY want to do this cruise - problem is, that's a LONG time to have the kids out of school - I usually take them out for a few days - (small school and teachers are fine with it), but that would be over 2 weeks missing school and I'm not sure I can leave my kids for that long...........oh, decisions, decisions..........

Who's going (CC group in red):

1. Luckysll - Sandy - BOOKED

2. Jordanaire - Bill and Leila – BOOKED

3. Danysmom - Cheryl, Roselle, Darlene and DN

4. ChristinaM - Lenny and Christina (Chris) – BOOKED

5. LEtue and hmstins - Linda and Margie - BOOKED

6. Cruisergirl2002 - Janis and Bernie

7. Pee-ah – Pia and Ritva - BOOKED

8. Cruisingcouple2008 – Amy and Austin

9. Halos – Angel and Bill - BOOKED

10. Halos sister and BIL – Karen and Charlie

11. Halos MIL and SIL – Dot and Debbie

12. Smoofdaddy – Andrew and Linda

13. CruisinJenF – Jennifer and Brett - BOOKED

14. CruisefromNY – Anna and Jeff – BOOKED

15. BeverlyF - Beverly and Jim - BOOKED

16. Valp41 - Val and Carol – BOOKED

17. Charlyann - Chaley and Jacob-Bryce - BOOKED

18. Hues of blue - Sherri and Scott – BOOKED

19. Hues of blue's DD and SIL - Jessica and Dan – BOOKED

20. Carolynsd – Carolyn and Jennifer - BOOKED

21. Hon2u - Debbie

22. LornaT – Lorna and Jess – BOOKED

23. Got_cruises – Dan and Beth – BOOKED

24. Pinkbugs471 – Marci, George and Mary – BOOKED

25. Cruzkitty – Charlene and Richard – BOOKED

26. Jaddid – Dennis and Jessie – BOOKED

27. Crzndeb – Debbie – BOOKED

28. XXCruiser 01 – Ralf – BOOKED

29. Kaykay51 – Kay and Craig – BOOKED

30. Tiggerman101 – David and Wade – BOOKED

31. Lvroberts – Sheri and Jim – BOOKED

32. Harlekuin - Lori and Dave - BOOKED

Who else is going to join us??

I REALLY want to do this cruise - problem is, that's a LONG time to have the kids out of school - I usually take them out for a few days - (small school and teachers are fine with it), but that would be over 2 weeks missing school and I'm not sure I can leave my kids for that long...........oh, decisions, decisions..........

That is a tough decision to make. I know people have very strong opinions about taking kids out of school for travel, but it would be a long time away from them.

How old are the kids?

It's hard with kids.

My DH and I didn't start racking up the cruises until we put the youngest in college. Two weeks is a long time to keep them out of school and I agree that it's a long time to leave them. :(

I understand your dilema totally.

How old are the kids?

They are 9 and 10. They also LOVE cruising! They are both straight A students and I know they would be okay, but that's a really long time since we live in AL and that would be at least 1 extra day before and after (although after we would get home on Sunday).

I stress to them that if they want to be able to do things like this they have to really study hard and keep up with their work, but usually it's only a couple of days or one week at the most....this would be over 2 weeks....not sure I can do that. Then, me and hubby would LOVE to go by ourself for a change, but we might find both grandma's and big sister in the closet by the time we got home - LOL

We went back and forth on whether of not we should take our son. But we decided it was going to be a getaway for just the two of us. 15 days cruising PLUS the day before and day after to get to and from is way to long for my son to miss school. So when it gets closer we are going to figure out what to do with him. Maybe have relatives split the time coming out and staying with him since its too long for one person to even come stay. That's going to be hard to figure out when the time comes- but I will worry about that tomorrow! Afterall tomorrow is another day!

We had already booked, pzerba & jayzee (Paul & Jennifer) - I guess we will be in blue :(

Blue is good. :D It means you're on the cruise.

As group leader, I need to keep track of who has booked through the group, but that's all.

Archived