RC vs carnival?

I have cruised 4 times on

Carnival and now considering trying something new...convince me or at least tell me the differences. thanks

do a small search and you will find TONS of threads about Carnival vs Royal C.

They both have + & - but I enjoy them both, you should also.

Why not leave yourself open to experience the differences , rather than preconceived expectations you may get from CC people?

There are too many Mass Market ships out there to experience ,rather than limit yourself to one cruise line.

Congratulations for being ready to explore.:rolleyes:

They both have + & - but I enjoy them both, you should also.

Why not leave yourself open to experience the differences , rather than preconceived expectations you may get from CC people?

There are too many Mass Market ships out there to experience ,rather than limit yourself to one cruise line.

Congratulations for being ready to explore.:rolleyes:

True. If you want to know about RCI ask on this board. If you want to know about Carnival, ask over there and then make your decsions. Here is an example of people who do not know what is going on with RCI.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1237237

we have sailed the ccl fantasy & sensation and the rccl monarch. All three cruises were great. IMO rccl has much nicer ships and the service was better. however ccl had much better food and hands down better entertainment. either way I plan on sailing them both again and hopefully real soon.

we have sailed the ccl fantasy & sensation and the rccl monarch. All three cruises were great. IMO rccl has much nicer ships and the service was better. however ccl had much better food and hands down better entertainment. either way I plan on sailing them both again and hopefully real soon.

With all due respect, basing your opinion of Royal Caribbean from one cruise on the Monarch is questionable at best. Try one of Royal's larger more modern ships before you reach a conclusion on their comparison to Carnival.

With all due respect, basing your opinion of Royal Caribbean from one cruise on the Monarch is questionable at best. Try one of Royal's larger more modern ships before you reach a conclusion on their comparison to Carnival.

I have done 4 Carnival and 4 RCL all different ships and while I prefer the overall experience on RCC I have to admit that the food and the production shows were better on Carnival:cool:

IMO Carnival ships tend to be glitzier than RCCL. The longer cruises on RCCL tend to draw people from all over the country and Europe. The shorter Carnival and RCCl cruises tend to draw from the east coast. We love RCCL but for the money and what you like to do Carnival is a great buy. The larger RCCL ships are amazing and Carinval has yet to come up with a ship that has a promenade. Kinda like spending time on the ship ina fancy mall.

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises....one out of Rome for 12 days (if it's possible to have a "worst cruise" experience, that was it) and one out of Tampa for 7 days. The Legend out of Tampa was hands down better that the Liberty in Europe, however, neither comes close to my cruises on RCCI. The service, cabins, ship layout, and IMHO, the food beats Carnival each and every time. It is possible that the unbelievable dissappointment of the Liberty colored by opinion, but I doubt it. The only way you will get me back to Carnival is if someone else is buying (who wouldn't turn down a cruise you don't have to pay for) and the final payment was already in. I will remain loyal to Royal.:)

I have cruised 4 times on

Carnival and now considering trying something new...convince me or at least tell me the differences. thanks

My only advice is, if you can afford it, try it.

Except for the infrastucture of the ships, most things are the same, with a different flavor. And yes, what you miss here, you might find replaced somewhere else. All preferences.

I have only tried the Voyager class ships, but the pool areas are much better on RCCL :), but they have no slide :(.

We like the food, as well as the availabilty of it, better on Carnival.

RCCL has the skating show, which we enjoy, but are always at odds on going, or doing other things.

I don't do the roller blading, the rock wall climbing, the mini golf, the basketball, but it take the crowds that do in that direction.

Archived