Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Thanks for the list. We have never considered the Prmium Liquor package before but may on our next cruise (fall 2011). What stops the system from being cheated by getting a drink for one's spouse from one bar and then picking up another for one's self at another?

Thanks for the list. We have never considered the Prmium Liquor package before but may on our next cruise (fall 2011). What stops the system from being cheated by getting a drink for one's spouse from one bar and then picking up another for one's self at another?

None, I guess - it is of course based on people being honest.

And it might seem suspicious that another one on cabin would have huge bill on drinks and another one nearly none on their invoice. I am pretty sure that they monitor this somehow on those cabins where everyone hasn't bought the package.

I think I read if one wants to buy a package later in the week or upgrade to a more expensive beverage package, this can be done at any of the bars????

Also-- since the beverage packages can be purchased on board- is the only advantage to purchasing in advance, the pre-payment and not having it charged to the onboard account?

Thanks!

Our cruise ended July 8 in Rome. We just got home after spending an additional week touring Venice and Rome.

We bought 1 Prem Alcohol Pckg and 1 Classic Alcohol pckg. Neither of us are what I would consider big drinkers. But I like good wine and mine was covered with the Prem package. I honestly doubt that we consumed close to $1000 on board. Our printout shows all zeros, but not what the prices would have been. I had cappacino every day. If I had to pay, maybe I would have been fine with regular coffee some days. We tried the martini bar (never had one before!) and found several that were delicious. My husband LOVED the chocolate martini and we loved the antics of the barmen there. But most days we just had cokes or water (about $2/can/bottle).

If we go again, I think I'll skip pre-buying the package and see how things go for a day or two. Plus we had a very 'port intensive cruise' (new concept for us) and were away from the ship for 5-9 hrs on 5 1/2 of the days we were on the cruise.

Just some more to think about.

Jodie

Our cruise ended July 8 in Rome. We just got home after spending an additional week touring Venice and Rome.

We bought 1 Prem Alcohol Pckg and 1 Classic Alcohol pckg. Neither of us are what I would consider big drinkers. But I like good wine and mine was covered with the Prem package. I honestly doubt that we consumed close to $1000 on board. Our printout shows all zeros, but not what the prices would have been. I had cappacino every day. If I had to pay, maybe I would have been fine with regular coffee some days. We tried the martini bar (never had one before!) and found several that were delicious. My husband LOVED the chocolate martini and we loved the antics of the barmen there. But most days we just had cokes or water (about $2/can/bottle).

If we go again, I think I'll skip pre-buying the package and see how things go for a day or two. Plus we had a very 'port intensive cruise' (new concept for us) and were away from the ship for 5-9 hrs on 5 1/2 of the days we were on the cruise.

Just some more to think about.

Jodie

Jodie,

Thanks for you comments. I have pre-purchased Classic alcohol pkgs for me and DH on upcoming 12 day Med cruise but keep debating whether to keep it or not. We sound like you ... maybe would break even, maybe not. And the cruise is pretty port intensive too.

My question: do you know if you could buy it onboard after 2-3 days, let's say, for the remainder of the cruise only? was this actually offered ?

Hi Steve,

Tried looking on your roll call but can't find the spreadsheet for the drinks packages. Any chance you could advise how to find it or send me a link. Fairly new to this forum so apologies in advance if I am being stupid.

Once I do find it, I am assuming its in USD, will I be able to edit it so I can convert to £sterling?

Thanks in advance.

Starlight Cruiser

(Many time Celebrity Cruiser but before the drinks packages. Booked to visit the Eastern Med in September 2011 on the Solstice)

Jodie,

Thanks for you comments. I have pre-purchased Classic alcohol pkgs for me and DH on upcoming 12 day Med cruise but keep debating whether to keep it or not. We sound like you ... maybe would break even, maybe not. And the cruise is pretty port intensive too.

My question: do you know if you could buy it onboard after 2-3 days, let's say, for the remainder of the cruise only? was this actually offered ?

I would guess that Celebrity makes out on most of the packages they sell or else they wouldn't do it. I keep reading on various threads that people buy it because of the convenience of not having to sign papers each thime they buy a drink and they can get whatever they want without worrying about the bill at the end. I actually thought of buying it but honestly, when I did some calculations, we don't come close to spending that much on drinks........LOL

I did read on the Celebrity thread that you can purchase it on board up to a certain amount of days prior to cruise end.....can't remember the # of days, but it's on the Celebrity website I'm sure, unless I read it on the boards.......:rolleyes: If you do that, you must purchase it for the remainder of the cruise..........you can't just purchase it for a few days.

If you get the premium non alcoholic package - when you disembark there is usually a table that sells cold water. Can you get the large bottles of evian (I think it is a $4 bottle?) or only the small bottles of water?

I did a search but couldn't find a clear answer.

If you get the premium non alcoholic package - when you disembark there is usually a table that sells cold water. Can you get the large bottles of evian (I think it is a $4 bottle?) or only the small bottles of water?

I did a search but couldn't find a clear answer.

You should be able to get either.

#1 I kept hearing that you could buy the drinks packages 'pro-rated' on board but I don't have any firsthand knowledge.

#2 We bought our packages for 'convenience', then on 2 days the computers didn't work, so everything was done by hand and we still had to sign. It was hit and miss as to how easy it was. We had the cards: sometimes they were swiped, sometimes not (guess those bartenders knew us) or sometimes we still had to sign something.

#3 Water leaving the ship: again hit and miss. And it was always the Evian, so those with the 'regular' package would have to pay for it if they wanted it.

#4 Coke Zero (my husband's fav) not available the first 1 1/2 days. Guess it too that long to restock the bars, restaurants, then they ran out 1 1/2 days before the end of the cruise. Still had Coke Light though.

#5 If you do buy a package, take a lanyard (to hang around your neck) and get Guest Relations to make a 'punch' in one end. They sell them onboard with a little 'weird' leather pouch' that we discarded for $7 in the gift shop. It made things a lot easier.

Jodie

#1 I kept hearing that you could buy the drinks packages 'pro-rated' on board but I don't have any firsthand knowledge.

#2 We bought our packages for 'convenience', then on 2 days the computers didn't work, so everything was done by hand and we still had to sign. It was hit and miss as to how easy it was. We had the cards: sometimes they were swiped, sometimes not (guess those bartenders knew us) or sometimes we still had to sign something.

#3 Water leaving the ship: again hit and miss. And it was always the Evian, so those with the 'regular' package would have to pay for it if they wanted it.

#4 Coke Zero (my husband's fav) not available the first 1 1/2 days. Guess it too that long to restock the bars, restaurants, then they ran out 1 1/2 days before the end of the cruise. Still had Coke Light though.

#5 If you do buy a package, take a lanyard (to hang around your neck) and get Guest Relations to make a 'punch' in one end. They sell them onboard with a little 'weird' leather pouch' that we discarded for $7 in the gift shop. It made things a lot easier.

Jodie

Thanks, Jodie!

#1 yes, I've read on this board about pro-rating but no firsthand knowlege yet

#2 convenience is the main reason I'm thinking about keeping it

#3 water leaving ship- that stinks ...hoping I had a choice since I have the Classic pkg

#4 caffiene-free diet coke is a big draw for us so they better have it since they raised drink pkg prices for it!

#5 planning on bringing a lanyard !

Thank you for you comments! Still thinking about canceling my drink pkgs!

-Elaine

I think I read if one wants to buy a package later in the week or upgrade to a more expensive beverage package, this can be done at any of the bars????

Also-- since the beverage packages can be purchased on board- is the only advantage to purchasing in advance, the pre-payment and not having it charged to the onboard account?

Thanks!

I asked a similar question in a new post. I called Celebrity myself and didn't get a straight answer.

I'm wondering if an advantage for me is to prepay the drink package is US dollars rather than on board and have it converted. The currency rate makes it more economical for me to pay for it now in dollars (I think).

I asked a similar question in a new post. I called Celebrity myself and didn't get a straight answer.

I'm wondering if an advantage for me is to prepay the drink package is US dollars rather than on board and have it converted. The currency rate makes it more economical for me to pay for it now in dollars (I think).

Hi,

The cost for you will be the same as on board currency is US$. Currency conversion only affects you if your own currency was not US$. In UK we will pay in GP£ when we buy in advance, otherwise we pay in US$ on board.

I understand that you can buy on board or upgrade any time up to last two days and pay pro rata amount for remainder of cruise.

Jim

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

Just trying to evaluate whether to take the classic alcohol package instead of the Premium one give that you can now supposedly pay the difference if you exceed your limit of $8 for wines.

Does anyone know if there is a Pinot Grigio within the $8 limit?.

Thanks

Peter

Just trying to evaluate whether to take the classic alcohol package instead of the Premium one give that you can now supposedly pay the difference if you exceed your limit of $8 for wines.

Does anyone know if there is a Pinot Grigio within the $8 limit?.

Thanks

Peter

Pinot Grigio, Bollini, Trentino was available on the Eclipse and within $8 limit.

Jim

I see that the Classic non alcoholic package includes juice but it doesn't look like the Premium non alcoholic one does. Can anyone tell me if the Premium includes juice? It didn't make sense that the classic has it when the premium seems to be much more inclusive.