Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Thanks Jim for the info on Premium Package not permitted for room service. It looks like the only bar open in the early AM is the Waterfall bar. Do you think you could get a Bloody Mary or Mimosa here and bring it to your room, or is breaksfast hrs too early to get one.

Does this mean all components of the drinks pkgs are not available for room service ? That is, I'm thinking I may want a fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast from room service .... so that won't be included in my drinks pkg ? Anyone know?

Thanks Jim for the info on Premium Package not permitted for room service. It looks like the only bar open in the early AM is the Waterfall bar. Do you think you could get a Bloody Mary or Mimosa here and bring it to your room, or is breaksfast hrs too early to get one.

On the Summit Cova Bar makes drinks as well as coffee.

Does this mean all components of the drinks pkgs are not available for room service ? That is, I'm thinking I may want a fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast from room service .... so that won't be included in my drinks pkg ? Anyone know?

NOTHING from room service is included in any beverage package.........it is that simple.

You can get the normal room service drinks or you can pay for the drinks individually.

We are going to sail on our first Celebrity cruise on Jan 12, 2013 (have always done Princess before) and was so glad to find this thread. Since booking the cruise, our main discussion has been about how much we think we'll drink to see if the classic package would be good for us. Funny how important this seems to be......ports, excursions, menus..... yeah, yeah, sounds good but the #1 TOPIC - Drink Package! :)

Suites, CC and Aqua get fresh squeezed OJ with their breakfast, no charge. You can get regular OJ in other cabins.

We had no problems with the premium packages in March. We had our fill prior to returning to our cabin and had 2 bottles of wine available (which you allowed to bring at embarkation) if we really needed a drink later at night or prior to leaving for dinner.

Have a great cruise.

Suites, CC and Aqua get fresh squeezed OJ with their breakfast, no charge. You can get regular OJ in other cabins.

We had no problems with the premium packages in March. We had our fill prior to returning to our cabin and had 2 bottles of wine available (which you allowed to bring at embarkation) if we really needed a drink later at night or prior to leaving for dinner.

Have a great cruise.

We are in a CC cabin, so we can get freshly squeezed OJ with the room service menu? That would be wonderful!

Have a great cruise.

I noticed you were on Dolphin in 1990....I sailed her in 1990 too! :) We did the Western and Eastern Caribbean in September! I really enjoyed that cruise too!

Hi all,

We have just returned from a 7 night cruise on Celebrity Century. Prior to setting out we deliberated long and hard as to whether to take a drinks package. In the end we decided to opt for the Classic package and I am so glad we did. The Classic package more than covered our needs including freshly squeezed orange juice from the sunset bar in the morning, excellent smoothies frorm the Aqua Cafe and high quality teas (silk tea bags) and coffees from the Cova Cafe. There was no problem either in using the package in both the main dining room and Murano's and no problems with service from any of the bar attendants or bar waiters. The Classic package more than covered our requirements which ranged from Mojitos, cocktails, Heineken beer, Prosecco, and Celebrity Champagne. We were even allowed to order Martinis in the ice bar and pay a small $2.30 supplement per drink. For both of us the package cost £432 including service charge and we have calculated that at a conservative estimate our bar bill would have been double. Please bear in mind though that we are both in our thirties, male and enjoy a drink, but not in excess.

I would recommend the Classic package to future cruisers.

Hi Folks can anyone help me with the shore trips. Is it better to get these private from the port instead of the cruise ship. We are going on the Celebrity Equionx in Feb and doing the Southern Caribbean.

:confused::confused::confused:

Hi, I would suggest that you find your roll call for your sailing; here is a place to start: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=547106

You'll find others sailing on your same cruise and they will hopefully share their plans with you and perhaps you will find some common interests. I have done the southern route and can give you 2 suggestions: Dominica I used Bumping Tours and had a very nice tour and in Grenada I used A&E Tours. Both were a least partially willing to vary from their standard packages to accomodate the group's interests. Can't help with St Croix or St Kitts because I haven't been there. On St Thomas people tend to go to Meghan's Bay for a beach day; I have done this and also have done a ship's tour to St John to snorkle, but with Princess, not Celebrity. If you haven't already found it I have found the following to be helpful: the CC shore excustions board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587 and Trip Advisor at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ Just put in an island of "tours of X island" and you'll get lots of suggestions. Hope these are helpful to you. Laurie

Hi all,

We have just returned from a 7 night cruise on Celebrity Century. Prior to setting out we deliberated long and hard as to whether to take a drinks package. In the end we decided to opt for the Classic package and I am so glad we did. The Classic package more than covered our needs including freshly squeezed orange juice from the sunset bar in the morning, excellent smoothies frorm the Aqua Cafe and high quality teas (silk tea bags) and coffees from the Cova Cafe. There was no problem either in using the package in both the main dining room and Murano's and no problems with service from any of the bar attendants or bar waiters. The Classic package more than covered our requirements which ranged from Mojitos, cocktails, Heineken beer, Prosecco, and Celebrity Champagne. We were even allowed to order Martinis in the ice bar and pay a small $2.30 supplement per drink. For both of us the package cost £432 including service charge and we have calculated that at a conservative estimate our bar bill would have been double. Please bear in mind though that we are both in our thirties, male and enjoy a drink, but not in excess.

Wow, I hope this is true on Eclipse.I thought the up charge was only available if you had the premium package.

Hi Folks can anyone help me with the shore trips. Is it better to get these private from the port instead of the cruise ship. We are going on the Celebrity Equionx in Feb and doing the Southern Caribbean.

:confused::confused::confused:

I'd be glad to offer some suggestions but not in this thread on beverage packages.

I'd suggest you ask this on the main thread, your roll call or the port of call forums. If you post another thread, do list your islands and indicate what type of activities you prefer.

dizzyheights,

Thanks SO much for the information. That really helps us a lot. We are on a 14 day sailing in Jan 2013 and already we have debated "drink or no drink" package..... the Classic is what we had in mind and now I think our decision is made. It sounds like it would be well worth it for us as well. We are so looking forward to maybe trying some drinks we otherwise would not. :)

Wow, I hope this is true on Eclipse.I thought the up charge was only available if you had the premium package.

I am not sure why Celebrity would want to get people to buy the Classic Package instead of the Premium, but it would be a good way to get people to buy the Classic. Dizzyheights were lucky perhaps their "deal" was not available to everyone? Good for them IMO. Besides the Martinis the better wines is the reason that I prefer the premium package.

These is the first report that I have heard about paying the difference on a Classic Package. Perhaps a future change being tested? Although I suspect it may have been a server or bartender just being nice?

I am not sure why Celebrity would want to get people to buy the Classic Package instead of the Premium, but it would be a good way to get people to buy the Classic. Dizzyheights were lucky perhaps their "deal" was not available to everyone? Good for them IMO. Besides the Martinis the better wines is the reason that I prefer the premium package.

These is the first report that I have heard about paying the difference on a Classic Package. Perhaps a future change being tested? Although I suspect it may have been a server or bartender just being nice?

The OP was lucky I suspect, and while I never begrudge someone's good fortune, I am disappointed when these "rules" seem random or not applied across all cruises. This is not the first time that I have heard of this type of event happening across many cruise lines. I just want it to happen for all of us :rolleyes: Laurie

If you have the Classic alcoholic package and order a drink that is more than $5 for a beer or $8 for a cocktail do you only pay the difference. For example if the beer is $6 you are charged $1 or do you have to pay the full amount?

I expect this question has been asked many times before but I'm on my lunch break and don't have the time to go through all the posts.

If you have the Classic alcoholic package and order a drink that is more than $5 for a beer or $8 for a cocktail do you only pay the difference. For example if the beer is $6 you are charged $1 or do you have to pay the full amount?

I expect this question has been asked many times before but I'm on my lunch break and don't have the time to go through all the posts.

My understanding is that you can only do this with the Premium Alcohol package. So you'd have to pay the full amount. However this is not based on direct experience. Only what has been previously reported here.

Eddie

My understanding is that you can only do this with the Premium Alcohol package. So you'd have to pay the full amount. However this is not based on direct experience. Only what has been previously reported here.

Eddie

Thank you supered and will hopefully see you on Oct 14th on the Eclipse :D

If you have the Classic alcoholic package and order a drink that is more than $5 for a beer or $8 for a cocktail do you only pay the difference. For example if the beer is $6 you are charged $1 or do you have to pay the full amount?...

The whole policy change allowing one to pay extra for a drink above the package limit is a new event over the past few months. There is nothing published on Celebrity's web site yet that I have seen so no "official" word, just reports here on Cruise Critic. And the reports have not been consistent. We've seen lots of reports of being allowed to do this on the premium package,but I saw one report a couple weeks ago where a cruiser was told they couldn't do this. Generally the postings report this is a privalege of the premium package but not the Classic package, but there was a report the last couple days that one cruiser was able to do this on the classic package. If this feature is terribly important to you then I'd suggest waiting until you are on board to finalize your package so you can ask the question directly to the bar staff.

Edited by Lsimon

Hi all,

Did you mean to say Classic package ? I thought the smoothies and cocktails were only in the Premium package?

Did you mean to say Classic package ? I thought the smoothies and cocktails were only in the Premium package?

Hi all,

We were on the Classic Package and we were allowed to order cocktails in the Martini Bar so long as we paid the extra $2 dollar supplement plus tip. Our other cocktails were taken in other on-baord bars and were within the $8 Classic package limits. We didn't order beers over the $5 limit, so i can't say either way as to whether we would be able to pay for a supplement for these. I would suggest not. Only cocktails taken in the Martini Bar. Hope this helps.