RCCL Diamond on Celebrity?

Leafpeeper

make sure you get signed up for the Captain's Club on Celebrity. You can go to their website (celebritycruises.com) and you'll be able to see the entire list of benefits under the tab Captain's Club. I think perks used to be better on RCCL but are now better on Celebrity.

Marianne

I was told by RCCL that we will get same priveleges on our first Celebrity Cruise this Fall as we would on RCCL. If so, can you tell me what these perks are now that we finally reached Diamond status on RCCL.

You will get Celebrity's Elite benefits which are not the same as RCCL. Here is a link to the Elite benefits. As FTL said, make sure you sign up for the Captains Club and have your number linked to your reservation.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000oFLiD6euyCkNSEpn0Dq2xu0:12hdebebp?pagename=elite_member_benefits

The Elite perks are imo far better than the Diamomd perks on RCCL . We figured that on a 10 night or longer cruise these perks are worth $5-$700 to us . Even though you get a $325 balcony discounty from RCCL being diamond ,we still prefer booking Celebrity cruises ;because of the better food .service ,entertainment & far less pax aboard .

We are rccl diamond and therefore cruised on the Eclipse last week as Elite. The benefits are really good, we used the free internet minutes, washing and dry cleaning and also the Elite lounge which was held every afternoon in the Sky bar. We also had breakfast in Michaels club a few times, a nice quiet relaxing start to the day. I actually think the benefits are better than on RCCL now.

Julie

Do suite pax get any of the Elite perks, like the breakfast in Michaels Club which is similar to HALs suite pax breakfast in their Neptune Lounge?

From what I can ascertain here Celebrity handsomely rewards their repeat pax and doesn't offer much to their suite pax if they aren't Elite..

Thanks, in advance, for any info. :)

Edited by cruisecrasy

Do suite pax get any of the Elite perks, like the breakfast in Michaels Club which is similar to HALs suite pax breakfast in their Neptune Lounge?

From what I can ascertain here Celebrity handsomely rewards their repeat pax and doesn't offer much to their suite pax if they aren't Elite..

Thanks, in advance, for any info. :)

On our cruise last week, Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse suite guests were invited to all of the Elite events, I'm not sure whether they got the coupons too.

Julie

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to take my first Celebrity cruise.

I called RCCL last night and they signed me up for the Captain's Elite membership. I think they entered the info into my reservation.

I will check with my TA to be sure. Can't wait to read all the perks.

Now if only I can figure out how I am getting to Cape Liberty.

The Elite perks are imo far better than the Diamomd perks on RCCL . We figured that on a 10 night or longer cruise these perks are worth $5-$700 to us . Even though you get a $325 balcony discounty from RCCL being diamond ,we still prefer booking Celebrity cruises ;because of the better food .service ,entertainment & far less pax aboard .

How do you figure $325? Thought that a shorter 7 day cruise was $200, and a 10 day or longer is $300 a stateroom. :confused:

Long cruises on RCI are $300 off for a balcony if diamond.

Celebrity perks we like.

90 minutes internet per passenger (or 180 for the two of us)

Free wash and pressing and 1 dryclean

Cocktail hour up in the observation lounge at the front. I am not much of a drinker, though.

Private disembark lounge right near the gangway.

Perks are now better on =X= then RC, unless you don't drink much (me, not DW) and are booking a balcony.

It's not just the Elite Perks. The other eXtras, which are available to all pax. are: Real Ice Cream (instead of soft serve) gratis all day/evening, X will Heat Their Pool(s) in winter Caribbean (Liberty OTS refused to do this in Feb. and no one was in the pool except Canadian children; a week later the Constellation heated the pool on second day upon my request), Ice Cold Towels when returning from excursions, Free Bowls of M&M Peanuts (or lesser valued candies) all day and evening, Escargot every night at dinner (or until they run-out) versus RCI's one night only, Glass of Champaign upon boarding, Daily News Paper, A Pitcher Of Ice Water in your room always kept fresh, Two Bottles of Wine allowed to be brought on-board, Special Drink Promotions each day (ie. two for ones or reduced mudslide prices) at a different bar locations (ok, just slightly better than RCI's daily drink special), Dove Chocolates each night on your pillow. I'm sure others can add to the list of things I have missed.

Don't get me wrong, DW and I cruise both X and RCI equally robustly. IMHO RCI ships are more attractive and interesting, X has better itineraries.

• 3 years later...
It's not just the Elite Perks. The other eXtras, which are available to all pax. are: Real Ice Cream (instead of soft serve) gratis all day/evening, X will Heat Their Pool(s) in winter Caribbean (Liberty OTS refused to do this in Feb. and no one was in the pool except Canadian children; a week later the Constellation heated the pool on second day upon my request), Ice Cold Towels when returning from excursions, Free Bowls of M&M Peanuts (or lesser valued candies) all day and evening, Escargot every night at dinner (or until they run-out) versus RCI's one night only, Glass of Champaign upon boarding, Daily News Paper, A Pitcher Of Ice Water in your room always kept fresh, Two Bottles of Wine allowed to be brought on-board, Special Drink Promotions each day (ie. two for ones or reduced mudslide prices) at a different bar locations (ok, just slightly better than RCI's daily drink special), Dove Chocolates each night on your pillow. I'm sure others can add to the list of things I have missed.

Don't get me wrong, DW and I cruise both X and RCI equally robustly. IMHO RCI ships are more attractive and interesting, X has better itineraries.

SWEET! Thanks for sharing this information.