Undwear Question

Berk987

sorry, hate to ask such a personal question but ....

why does underware (panties) rise up and give you a wedgie? I bought new Nicole Millers and Jockeys and they say they don't rise up but they do. wrong size? wrong style?

I have some jockeys from at least 6 yrs ago and love them. Jockey outlet. Don't know the style or size since they are washed so much, the label on the waist is gone. I was thinking of taking a pair (clean of course) to Macys and see if they sell the same thing. I love these and have at least 6 pairs (2 packages of 3) but need newer ones and beige ones too.

I don't like the briefs that go above the belly button or high cut. I like it to fall just below the belly button. I'm normally a 2P or a 4P.

Thoughts? Thanks.

why does underware (panties) rise up and give you a wedgie? I bought new Nicole Millers and Jockeys and they say they don't rise up but they do. wrong size? wrong style?

I have some jockeys from at least 6 yrs ago and love them. Jockey outlet. Don't know the style or size since they are washed so much, the label on the waist is gone. I was thinking of taking a pair (clean of course) to Macys and see if they sell the same thing. I love these and have at least 6 pairs (2 packages of 3) but need newer ones and beige ones too.

I don't like the briefs that go above the belly button or high cut. I like it to fall just below the belly button. I'm normally a 2P or a 4P.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Maybe it's the fabric? I don't know, mine don't do that.

Don't laugh but do you have a butt?? Ok I have a backside that is round. Very as in I usually get remarks from darker skin men (not sure what the pc is for other races these days so sorry if that offends any one) they say I have a (and I am quoteing) "Black girls butt" .

I can't wear panties with out getting a wedgie. If it has all over material ie. side material. And I don't like thongs any more. So I found that Hanes makes a style that has nice cotton material and the sides are thick elastic. I think they are called sport something . The elastic band is all around and there is nothing but the band on the sides. It stays inplace no matter how I bend or move. As lond as I buy a size 7 (large) which is funny becasue same as you I wear a 2 or a 4 usually petite as I am only 5 foot tall and bounce between 118 and 120.

I have several pairs that I have had for a while until recently when I purchased 2 new packs.

Check out Soma.com. Look for their "vanishing edge" collection. They have the best boy short ever, and regular semi-bikini underwear. They have silicone grippers around the legs and they actually do stay put! That's the secret. (I have a strapless bra with silicone around the bottom edge, and it stays put!). They can be a bit pricey, around $12-$14 each, but look for a deal. First time around, I bought 2 boy shorts. The medium felt a tad big, but I loved the short in general. Then I wanted to order 2 more in a small. I caught an offer of buy 3, get 2 free. I got 3 more boy shorts in small, and 2 regular vanishing edge panties. I absolutely love them!

To give you an idea of size, I'm 5'5" and 126 lbs. I usually wear a size 5 in underwear. The small fits me very well.

Soma does have regular stores around, but I don't know if they have any where you live. But even if they do, they may not offer the same online deals as the website, like buy 3 get 2 free.

Don't laugh but do you have a butt?? Ok I have a backside that is round. Very as in I usually get remarks from darker skin men (not sure what the pc is for other races these days so sorry if that offends any one) they say I have a (and I am quoteing) "Black girls butt" .

I can't wear panties with out getting a wedgie. If it has all over material ie. side material. And I don't like thongs any more. So I found that Hanes makes a style that has nice cotton material and the sides are thick elastic. I think they are called sport something . The elastic band is all around and there is nothing but the band on the sides. It stays inplace no matter how I bend or move. As lond as I buy a size 7 (large) which is funny becasue same as you I wear a 2 or a 4 usually petite as I am only 5 foot tall and bounce between 118 and 120.

I have several pairs that I have had for a while until recently when I purchased 2 new packs.

Man, you got a big butt --- just kidding !!!! :)

I'm only an inch taller than you and shrinking every year.

I have a flat "Asian" butt.

I love Hanes. Have at least a dozen cotton bras. Will try their undies, Vanity Fair and Soma.com

Thanks everyone. Got some shopping to do this weekend....

Thoughts? Thanks.

Try a size larger than you are it works for me:D

Are you a woman? If so, get a t-strap thong....you will NOT feel the elastic...no panty lines, and it can't "ride up", since it's already there. Just make sure there's not alot of fabric...that's why a t-strap is great! Go to Victoria's Secret...they have plenty!

Any panty that covers your butt cheeks can (and probably, will) "ride up", unless you never move!

Get a thong!

Are you a woman? If so, get a t-strap thong....you will NOT feel the elastic...no panty lines, and it can't "ride up", since it's already there. Just make sure there's not alot of fabric...that's why a t-strap is great! Go to Victoria's Secret...they have plenty!

Any panty that covers your butt cheeks can (and probably, will) "ride up", unless you never move!

Get a thong!

Useless post since cb never comes back but I'll do it anyway.:rolleyes:

ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.

i know people who don't wear thongs think they are uncomfortable, but give it a try - one week - wear a thong! if you buy decent ones - not out of a plastic package - they are really comfortable. the all lace ones are super stretchy, and very soft! here are good, non-expensive ones:

http://www.maidenform.com/panties/styles/thongs/maidenform-one-size-for-all-classic-rise-thong-40118

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=36880&vid=1&pid=682589&scid=682589002

i know people who don't wear thongs think they are uncomfortable, but give it a try - one week - wear a thong! if you buy decent ones - not out of a plastic package - they are really comfortable. the all lace ones are super stretchy, and very soft! here are good, non-expensive ones:

http://www.maidenform.com/panties/styles/thongs/maidenform-one-size-for-all-classic-rise-thong-40118

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=36880&vid=1&pid=682589&scid=682589002

I just don't like the feel of my outer clothing, especially jeans, and forget silky lining on wool pants in the winter......:eek: COLD, or wool pants with no lining :eek::eek:, on my delicate cheeks. :D

WHY did I never think of a thong? I don't mind thongs to go with special dresses but I would rather wear a full underwear with jeans and regular pants. I could go both ways now. The maidenform looks really nice and good price too. Will check it out this weekend.

BTW...how could I spell underwear wrong on the title post? Duh?

sorry folks and thanks for all the info.

Get a thong!

I disagree. I'm very active and my cotton bikini panties don't ride up. I wear something similar to this pic. I think it's either a fabric or size issue that causes the panty to ride up on some or maybe like some suggest different shaped booties. I don't have a large booty but it's not flat either. Just a typical round girly one. :p

bikini_panty.jpg.1a3cbe5209b8e31a5675631d882832ad.jpg

Well the MR. part says it all! You men have it SO easy!! Boxers or briefs :rolleyes:

Don't forget about boxer briefs! lol. Although your statement is generally correct for most guys, technically there are a lot of alternative options available. Maybe not in most stores, or communities for that matter, but they're out there; and some of them sure are "out there!" However, I agree that in comparison the variety available for Mrs.'s, lol, is staggering.

Check out Soma.com. Look for their "vanishing edge" collection. They have the best boy short ever, and regular semi-bikini underwear. They have silicone grippers around the legs and they actually do stay put! That's the secret. (I have a strapless bra with silicone around the bottom edge, and it stays put!). They can be a bit pricey, around $12-$14 each, but look for a deal. First time around, I bought 2 boy shorts. The medium felt a tad big, but I loved the short in general. Then I wanted to order 2 more in a small. I caught an offer of buy 3, get 2 free. I got 3 more boy shorts in small, and 2 regular vanishing edge panties. I absolutely love them!

To give you an idea of size, I'm 5'5" and 126 lbs. I usually wear a size 5 in underwear. The small fits me very well.

Soma does have regular stores around, but I don't know if they have any where you live. But even if they do, they may not offer the same online deals as the website, like buy 3 get 2 free.

They have great sales and do a google search for coupon code. If you buy this way, they are no more expensive than dept store undies!

[/url]

I just don't like the feel of my outer clothing, especially jeans, and forget silky lining on wool pants in the winter......:eek: COLD, or wool pants with no lining :eek::eek:, on my delicate cheeks. :D

Exactly! Plus if your not exactly toned and I mean toned not just fat, a thong will leave more showing. I don't consider myself fat like I said before I wear a size 4 sometimes a 2 in pants. However I have a round backside and it is not toned so I do have some cellulite.

If I wear a thong (yse I do own a few) and I wear a pair of nice pants over it you might see some dimples. In my regular cover the butt underware you don't see the dimples! And no my nice pants are not skin tight.

Don't forget about boxer briefs! lol. Although your statement is generally correct for most guys, technically there are a lot of alternative options available. Maybe not in most stores, or communities for that matter, but they're out there; and some of them sure are "out there!" However, I agree that in comparison the variety available for Mrs.'s, lol, is staggering.

Yes I have seen the "other options" for men :eek:. Lets hope most men Don't wear these or at least not for every day use. Some woman may find that attractive but I prefer a man in boxer briefs!:D Needless to say I buy my hubby a pack or 2 every Christmas just to make sure I have something nice to look at!:D

Archived