Upsell - Cove to Aft - would you do it?

Sinjan

Got an email from CCL about an upgrade for $40 per stateroom. Currently booked in 2389 and was offered 7458. I know its a great deal, but am extremely hesitant to give up my cove. Is there anyone out there that has had both types of rooms? What would you do? :confused::confused::confused::confused: I swear if it wasn't an Aft I wouldn't even be tempted.

Did I say wrap? lol Sorry, meant to only say aft.

Thanks for responding Mach, I was really hoping you would as I know you've done both types of rooms.

This is our first cruise and I have been very excited about my cove. I know aft wraps are the most desirable balconies and that aft locations are extremely popular themselves. That and the fact we would be paying what amounts to half the advertised rate make it very tempting to take the deal.

So I guess what I'm looking for is personal opinion on which is the better room. Kind of a "If you were in my shoes, what would you do" thing. :)

Did I say wrap? lol Sorry, meant to only say aft.

Thanks for responding Mach, I was really hoping you would as I know you've done both types of rooms.

This is our first cruise and I have been very excited about my cove. I know aft wraps are the most desirable balconies and that aft locations are extremely popular themselves. That and the fact we would be paying what amounts to half the advertised rate make it very tempting to take the deal.

So I guess what I'm looking for is personal opinion on which is the better room. Kind of a "If you were in my shoes, what would you do" thing. :)

Personally, having had a Cove, I wouldn't take the upgrade.

Sure, the balcony is a tad bigger but the view from the Cove is amazing, simply amazing.

Also, the aft is, after all, at the aft end of the ship and subject to more movement than your Cove down on the Main Deck.

I'm certainly not knocking the aft but, in my mind, it's not much of a bump. If it were on any other ship... a ship without Coves, I'd do it in a heartbeat, however.

:)

That's a tough one! I see pro's and con's to each type of room. I had an aft balcony on the Glory and loved it, except for the fact that it was hot, hot, hot back there--no breeze stirring at all. I did love the view of the wake from the aft, but since that first aft, I have booked side balconies since I found it too uncomfortable to sit out on the aft balcony in the heat.

We had a cove balcony on the Dream and liked it too. Ours was 2374 and was under the galley, as yours is. We did hear carts rolling back and forth overhead and a couple of times a loud crash or two, but nothing that disturbed sleep or anything. The advantage of the cove balcony was being closer to the water. Amazing views! And I love the sound of the ocean.

For me, taking everything into account, I would probably keep the cove. Your mileage may vary, depending on whether you are a light sleeper or if you would like the extra balcony space you would get with the aft. The good thing is that this is a win/win situation. Both are great cabins and locations.

I just had 7462 aft center. Yes the balcony is bigger but a lot of the extra space is under the glass the way it curves up. You can see the cabins next to you while at the rail and the veiw is only looking out not down. Down is deck 5 and at night the deck floresent lights are to bright ruins the concept. I never went down to the coves but it seems the coves are the only cabins that look down at the water. I do love aft cabins and was excited to snag one but not sure it is worth the extra money. If you want any type of privacy you will not have it in the aft.

Sure, the balcony is a tad bigger but the view from the Cove is amazing, simply amazing.

Also, the aft is, after all, at the aft end of the ship and subject to more movement than your Cove down on the Main Deck.

I'm certainly not knocking the aft but, in my mind, it's not much of a bump. If it were on any other ship... a ship without Coves, I'd do it in a heartbeat, however.

:)

I LIKE the way you think Mach:).........looking forward to our cove balcony 2340 in just a little over a month!

Susan

Got an email from CCL about an upgrade for $40 per stateroom. Currently booked in 2389 and was offered 7458. I know its a great deal, but am extremely hesitant to give up my cove. Is there anyone out there that has had both types of rooms? What would you do? :confused::confused::confused::confused: I swear if it wasn't an Aft I wouldn't even be tempted.

We have a cove booked for the week before you sail.......have had plenty of regular/ext aft balconies on other ships.

If we were to receive an upgrade e-mail similar to yours, we would decline.

We are so looking forward to the aft being closer to the water, covered balcony, we can sit out even in the rain -afts are not covered and it gets HOT out there, and depending on the ship you may get soot on the balcony.

We love the aft balconies, but the cove is unique, my vote is keep the cove you can sail an aft balcony in the future.:p

Susan

no way we loved this room

Interesting is that 7458 is a wrap on Magic. Which ship?

If on Dream, it's only a couple of decks up from the Promenade, so if you look over the rail, you will have a good view of the deck below instead of the water.

The OP's countdown clock is for the Dream so I suspect that's the ship in question...

What exactly is the Cove?... never heard of this one...

Archived