Happy Hour

quivet c

One of our favorite things on Oceania is the daily 5-6pm happy hour that offers 2 for 1 drinks. Does Azamara offer something similar on their ships daily before dinner?
When we were on Journey earlier this year, only members of Le Club Voyage/Captains Club were invited to Happy Hour. I think it was a loyalty perk & wasn't advertised publicly in the daily program. Do you have any status with Celebrity/RCCL? If so, you're in business. If not, well there's always complimentary wine before & during dinner!

I too, look forward to "happy hour" when sailing. I do hope they have a happy hour for the mere minions that don't have any sort of "Status". I accept and appreciate that people who have sailed a lot have racked up some sort of status points but I really hate this whole "hierachy" which distinguishes some people from others on cruises.

I agree that they should have certain little perks like extras in their suite and as many Meet and Mingles as they can handle but once you start differentiating between people on board in such a big way I find it's offputting.

Don't get me wrong, you deserve your status points whatever, but I think rewarding you for them could be done in a more subtle way.

I too, look forward to "happy hour" when sailing. I do hope they have a happy hour for the mere minions that don't have any sort of "Status".
I'm with you Cocktail Queenie! We love Happy Hour & look forward to it whenever we sail. We tried Azamara for the first time this past spring after the new ACC went into effect. We had no status within the RCCL family, so sadly no Happy Hour for us.

I fully accept that we were excluded from hosted cocktail parties where Azamara wanted to reward their loyal repeat customers, but it seemed rather odd to exclude us from a revenue-producing event like Happy Hour. So we simply enjoyed our own private Happy Hour on the balcony with our personal stash of libation. Azamara lost some predictable revenue from us Happy Hour diehards.

I too, look forward to "happy hour" when sailing. I do hope they have a happy hour for the mere minions that don't have any sort of "Status". I accept and appreciate that people who have sailed a lot have racked up some sort of status points but I really hate this whole "hierachy" which distinguishes some people from others on cruises.

I agree that they should have certain little perks like extras in their suite and as many Meet and Mingles as they can handle but once you start differentiating between people on board in such a big way I find it's offputting.

Don't get me wrong, you deserve your status points whatever, but I think rewarding you for them could be done in a more subtle way.

Queenie and Quinn - If I were on your sailings - I would have invited all y'all to Happy Hour as my guests!!!!!!!!! :)

Did they check ID at the door to the Bars? How would they know? Last I sailed on the Journey - they were having a cocktail party for the ELITE (of which my buddies and I were not) and we happened to be there when they started setting up. They kindly asked us TO STAY PUT and to enjoy the party.

What's a Happy Hour without everyone there??? What up wit dat nonsense!!!

I've never met a good party that I wouldn't CRASH!!!

Happy sailings - ALWAYS!!!!

What's a Happy Hour without everyone there??? What up wit dat nonsense!!!

I've never met a good party that I wouldn't CRASH!!!

LOL. Come one, come all – that’s what Happy Hour is all about. Too bad Azamara doesn’t see it that way & chooses to control attendance. Nonsense indeed!

Now as for crashin' da party – exciting idea but not as easy as it sounds. Ya see, Azamara doesn’t publish the where & when of Happy Hour in the daily program, so those who aren’t part of Le Club don’t have a clue that it’s even going on. It’s by invitation only, usual suspects need not apply. Membership has its privileges, ya know. And besides, why go thru the charade of gate crashing a revenue-producing event for Azamara? Not worth the effort when I can have Happy Hour on my balcony & know I’m very welcome! ;);)

LOL. Come one, come all – that’s what Happy Hour is all about. Too bad Azamara doesn’t see it that way & chooses to control attendance. Nonsense indeed!

Now as for crashin' da party – exciting idea but not as easy as it sounds. Ya see, Azamara doesn’t publish the where & when of Happy Hour in the daily program, so those who aren’t part of Le Club don’t have a clue that it’s even going on. It’s by invitation only, usual suspects need not apply. Membership has its privileges, ya know. And besides, why go thru the charade of gate crashing a revenue-producing event for Azamara? Not worth the effort when I can have Happy Hour on my balcony & know I’m very welcome! ;);)

Well a pity you aren't on the Quest Sept 8th Mighty Quinn and Cindi....we could have our own wonderful happy HOURSSSSSSSSS

Yes - a shame I can't make the Quest with you in Sept. But there is plenty of time for you both to book Quest in January to Asia!!!!!

I love a bargain - like I've always said - if it ain't half off it ain't on sale!!!! So if I was not getting that deal - I would troll the ship looking for the venue....LOL :D

Every evening I host a "sailaway" party in my suite.....price of admission - a bottle of some kind of libation from whatever port we have been in. We all taste and test and toast the port away!!!!

You guys are awesome.....let's sail together soon!!!

So we simply enjoyed our own private Happy Hour on the balcony with our personal stash of libation. Azamara lost some predictable revenue from us Happy Hour diehards.

I have always been a firm believer on self reliance. Don't misunderstand me, I love perks wherever and whenever they come my way, and while I may be green with envy, I would never begrudge anyone anything that might make me green with envy. But rather than getting angry at my humiliation, I find it so much more productive to reverse the tables. To whit: on a recent transcontinental flight on one of America's less than high service airlines, my wife and I dined on poached lobster, fresh American sevruga caviar with creme fresh, and a small fruit tart. In steerage class. Since the early days of our youth, we have packed picnics, and while 9/11 has made it impossible to carry champagne aboard any longer, we eat well. I am boarding the Journey with premium gin, single malt scotch, and probably, yes, caviar. I spent a bloody fortune to upgrade to a veranda cabin, I have every intention of enjoying it to the fullest. So tell me, do they serve caviar at the happy hour?:rolleyes:

All happy hours on Journey for Le Club members were in the Looking Glass on Deck 10. They did ask for a seapass card when fulfilling your happy hour reduced price order. They served nuts, Cavair was available after your third drink, on Deck 14 but you had to bring your own teaspoon, capers, chopped onions;) and be a member at the Discoverer level to qualify.

This is a little disappointing as happy hour on Oceania is for anyone who is willing to pay for a drink. What level of membership of Le Club/Captain Club does it require to get invited to to these happy hours? We are members of this from a previous Celebrity cruise but we have no status, will we still be invited to the happy hour and get the happy hour pricing?

This is a little disappointing as happy hour on Oceania is for anyone who is willing to pay for a drink. What level of membership of Le Club/Captain Club does it require to get invited to to these happy hours? We are members of this from a previous Celebrity cruise but we have no status, will we still be invited to the happy hour and get the happy hour pricing?

What follows is the AZ newsletter. I think it should answer your question. Also, If you want status contact Celebrity tell them what cruise you were on and enroll in captains club that will giveyou some status

"Welcome to the very first Club Connection newsletter. You will receive updates from us on an ongoing basis about exciting news at Azamara Club Cruises , as well as special offers exclusive to our most valued customers. Read on to learn about the valuable benefits included in membership in Le Club Voyage , which you'll love as much as our new destinations!

Dear Club Members,

Thank you for sailing with Azamara Club Cruises. Since the launch of our boutique cruise line three years ago, we have delighted in exploring the world with adventurous, curious guests like you. We can't wait to introduce you to the new Azamara Club Cruises. We consider it a very special club, in which you are a "charter" member. If you haven't already experienced it, we look forward to welcoming you onboard; if you have experienced it, we can't wait to have you back.

Destination immersion is paramount at Azamara, and to ensure this we are offering more overnights and longer stays at destinations around the globe. With 57 new ports, 31% more overnight stays and 133% more late night stays planned for 2011-2012, we are very excited to share some of our most intriguing new visits for 2011 with you. Keep a lookout for our new 2011-2012 Destination Preview, hot off the presses and coming soon in the mail, but until then here is a taste of what to expect.

Many cultures are defined by their exciting events or rich history, and at Azamara Club Cruises we want you to live your destinations, not just visit them. This is why we have created itineraries with ample time to enjoy events such as the Monaco Grand Prix in Monte Carlo or Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. We are also planning many unique Land Discoveries , such as a visit to the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler in Romania, where Saxon Fortified Churches and medieval villages paint a cultural history that cannot be seen from the sea alone.

Onboard, we know you want as few concerns as possible, so we now include all housekeeping, dining and bar gratuities, boutique wines at lunch and dinner, bottled water, soda and specialty coffees and teas and certified English butler service for suite guests. More included means less worry, and at Azamara these worries are even further assuaged by our attentive crew, whom guests consistently score in the range of 285-295 on a scale of 300. Our certified English butlers hold themselves to an even higher standard, and have earned perfect scores of 300 on many Azamara voyages.

We are all very excited to introduce Le Club Voyage, the new Azamara loyalty program for our past guests. Launched onboard our ships on April 1 and 9 of this year, the program features numerous amenities and benefits available on both the Azamara Journey® and Azamara Quest®. Our hope is that you will love where we take you, how we take you there and how we thank you for coming, so take a look below and enjoy your membership in Le Club Voyage.

Warm Regards,

Larry Pimentel

President"

Le Club Voyage membership comes with many perks. Private parties, cocktail events with the senior staff, onboard savings and exclusive and complimentary services are just a few of the ways you are honored as a Club member at every tier. Credits are earned after your first voyage, with one credit for each voyage of up to 11 days, an additional credit for voyages of 12 days or more, and another for booking a Club Suite. Membership benefits at each of the three levels are as follows:

ADVENTURER: 1 - 4 CREDITS

Enjoy the rewards of Le Club Voyage after just one voyage:

•Private, members-only onboard parties

•Le Club Voyage Happy Hours

•A welcome back gift shipped to your home

after the voyage

•Onboard booking savings for future voyages

reserved while onboard

•89 minutes of complimentary internet service

EXPLORER: 5 - 9 CREDITS

Continue sailing and receive even more valuable benefits:

•All benefits of Adventurer membership

•One bottle of champagne upon arrival,

compliments of the captain

•Exclusive cocktail party with ship's officers

and staff

•Welcome to the Explorer-level gift, shipped to

your home after the voyage

•Complimentary laundry service: one bag for

washing, drying and pressing per week

•61 additional minutes of complimentary

internet service (150 minutes total)

•Private Le Club Voyage specialty coffee and

tea tasting

DISCOVERER: 10+ CREDITS

Achieve the pinnacle of membership and receive the greatest rewards:

•All benefits of Adventurer and Explorer levels

•Champagne brunch with ship's senior

officers

•A welcome to Discoverer-level gift, shipped to

your home after the voyage

•87 additional minutes of complimentary

internet service (237 minutes total)

•Complimentary wine tasting

•Special savings on select onboard purchases

Following our 2007 partnership with Celebrity Cruises'® Captain's Club, we launched a dedicated loyalty program for Azamara Club Cruises guests on April 1, 2010. As a member in the Captains' Club program, your membership will continue as is. For the remainder of 2010, the credits you earn aboard both Azamara and Celebrity ships will continue to accumulate in the Captains' Club program. In January 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captains' Club when you sail onboard an Azamara ship.

At that point, guests who have sailed on the Azamara Journey or Azamara Quest in the past will be automatically enrolled in Le Club Voyage. All of your credits will be retained in the Captain's Club program and the same number of credits will also be added to your membership in Le Club Voyage. Your Le Club Voyage membership will begin at the same level you had attained in the Captain's Club, giving you twice the opportunity to be rewarded.

As part of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL) family of brands, Azamara Club Cruises will also offer reciprocal membership benefits with Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor Society.

•Once you reach the Explorer tier of Le Club

Voyage, you will have the opportunity to sail onboard our sister brands' ships at the equivalent level as your Le Club Voyage membership.

•Captain's Club members who have reached

the Select and Elite levels will enjoy the benefits of the corresponding Le Club Voyage level.

•Royal Caribbean International's Crown &

Anchor members who have reached the Platinum or higher levels will enjoy the benefits of the Le Club Voyage tier levels that most closely correspond to the Crown & Anchor credits earned.

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

All happy hours on Journey for Le Club members were in the Looking Glass on Deck 10. They did ask for a seapass card when fulfilling your happy hour reduced price order. They served nuts, Cavair was available after your third drink, on Deck 14 but you had to bring your own teaspoon, capers, chopped onions;) and be a member at the Discoverer level to qualify.

You cracked me up on that comment!!!! :D

Archived