Great Gift Ideas for the Crew

Cruise2Karaoke

On my last cruise the room Stewart said how much he enjoyed my singing in the bathroom while he was busy cleaning. So on the last day I left him a cd I had made of me performing. OMG the look on his face was priceless! He even gave me a big hug lol! I'm planning on bringing half a dozen cd's on my next cruise to reward some of the crew for their hard work. They all seem to be such music lovers.

Does anyone else have any great gift ideas?

On my last cruise the room Stewart said how much he enjoyed my singing in the bathroom while he was busy cleaning. So on the last day I left him a cd I had made of me performing. OMG the look on his face was priceless! He even gave me a big hug lol! I'm planning on bringing half a dozen cd's on my next cruise to reward some of the crew for their hard work. They all seem to be such music lovers.

Trouble...trouble...trouble!!!

LOL :p

I like to leave gifts from my home state. :D

Ashley :)

I hate to "burst your bubble" but the crew only cares about $$$ gifts. Your stewart was probably being polite...hoping that his enthusiasm for your singing would turn into some extra cash for him.

Crew members have very limited space, so since there's no where to store "other" gifts they'd end up in the trash.

The cabin steward is not gonna make a iccky face when you give him a gift thats for sure.

Crew members cabins are shared and are much smaller then what we as passengers stay in. A lot of thoughtful gifts are thrown in the trash.

Phone cards are useless to them.

Passengers spend a great deal of money on gifts.

Do them a favor-- keep your gifts and give cash. It will be greater appreciated

We leave cash but I have realized things like toothpaste and shampoo and conditioner are appreciated as they do need to buy this for themselves and does save them a bit of money by doing this...

Cash will always be king, that is why they do this job...for the tips...but if you are going to buy them a gift then make sure it is something that they NEED, not something you may think that they would like...

the crew is trained to be gracious and polite. nothing against the thoughtfulness of your gift, but like the others say, their quarters are much smaller than ours and are shared. they would much prefer cash.

I hate to "burst your bubble" but the crew only cares about $$$ gifts. Your stewart was probably being polite...hoping that his enthusiasm for your singing would turn into some extra cash for him.

Crew members have very limited space, so since there's no where to store "other" gifts they'd end up in the trash.

I agree. If you check on youtube you can find video of their cabins. Tee tiny little things they are!! There may be a link on the now infamous "John Deere Trinket" thread. :p

Best idea I heard for extras for the stewards are candy wrapped in money. :)

We leave cash but I have realized things like toothpaste and shampoo and conditioner are appreciated as they do need to buy this for themselves and does save them a bit of money by doing this...

With all the free samples of shampoo and toothpaste available ... Im betting the crew can get their quoto of these free samples they leave in your bathroom. I cant imagine them appreciating them ...just my thinking.

Yes, we agree cash is king.

I have to say we do not bring trinkets or other gifts just cash for extra tipping. I have always asked if we can pick anything up when we head into a port if they need something I am more tahn happy to get it for them, they always say no. I am with pretty much of the others here just some extra cash.

We own a hotel, and we often receive gifts from hotel guests. Although the gesture is nice, most of time we don't know what to do with all the stuff. We could start a museum with all the ornaments, postcards, photographs, trinkets and other things people give us. Of course, we smile and say thank you, and don't tell people that they can keep their .....

Our housekeeping staff are single moms or have husbands on welfare or low incomes, and they really need the wage to provide for their kids. They take the empty deposit beer bottles home and left brand shampoo bottles (we ship forgotten items to guests, but not open bottles). A tip makes a large difference to our staff, since they can afford a small luxury like taking the kids for pizza or to the fun park. And now we are talking Germany, not even a third world country....

Wow you must be a good singer. Ever think about trying out for American Idol or America's Got Talent?

Wow you must be a good singer. Ever think about trying out for American Idol or America's Got Talent?

Yes!! I agree!!

I'd like a copy of your CD. Any chance you can send me one?

Ashley :)

Archived