DREAM or NIGHTMARE? - My Review with Pictures!

RicardoC

Wow! You did an awesome review!! Great job & excellent pictures too. My cousin's wife is from Brazil, she moved here to go to College years ago & met my cousin & they have been married for about 10yrs now. :)

An excellent review....very balanced and well thought out. Thanks for sharing your commentary and pictures. :)We too were on the Dream last year and will return this Nov. to dream again!:D

When I was reading, I thought how lucky you were to have parents who take you on so many cruises and vacations. So who needs another watch? :p... and your sister's present was a birthday present after all. lol. Anyways, being the mature young man you are, you knew it all along. Your parents must be very proud of you.

Enjoy your upcoming vacation!:)

You are a very lucky guy! great review! And great pictures! Thank you! Do you have a review of the Oasis up?

Thank You Yeah I like writting my thoughts about ships but for me the most important are pictures so I love to take them(not be in them:rolleyes:), share my pics, and see others'....especially cruise pics since I love ships :D....yes its in my signature together with my Brilliance and Solstice ones....all with pics....unfortunately I didn't have time to write the other cruises' one....I wonder if its still time to write the one on Eurodam since it was an amazing itinerary over an year after....

Yes , he has a review in his signature , lots of pics as well .

Exactly.....I did something wrong that the pics turned out too small....but if you click on them a pop-up will show it zoomed..sorry :o

Bravo!

Thx :)

Wow! You did an awesome review!! Great job & excellent pictures too. My cousin's wife is from Brazil, she moved here to go to College years ago & met my cousin & they have been married for about 10yrs now.

Thanks! Oooh lucky guy...Brazilian girls are the best :p

An excellent review....very balanced and well thought out. Thanks for sharing your commentary and pictures. We too were on the Dream last year and will return this Nov. to dream again!

When I was reading, I thought how lucky you were to have parents who take you on so many cruises and vacations. So who needs another watch? ... and your sister's present was a birthday present after all. lol. Anyways, being the mature young man you are, you knew it all along. Your parents must be very proud of you.

Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

Thanks a lot....I was thinking about it throughout the cruise and even could not wait to get home so started to write before sleep or while waiting for my time to take a shower, etc....

I got lucky my parents love cruises also....and since I want to do Naval/Marine Engineering we take it more seriously than just a vacation....I drive them crazy talking about ships all the time so the Oasis for an example was not only my "child" but theirs since I showed them every progress in my "convincing process"....its not that easy but I learned and it always works....already planning the arguments for 2 cruises next year one almost decided the other more difficult so wish me luck :D

great revie, and great pics

Thank you :)

Great review! It's nice to read one from a fellow teenager every once in a while.

I will say that i'm slightly jealous that you finished that good of a review in one page, though.

Hahahaha as I wrote before I started on the ship and since we're leaving at 4am to the airport to Punta Cana :eek: I wanted to post it ASAP....I thought it could be too late if I posted next Sunday only...I keep thinking I missed something though :confused:

You certainly write well for only being 16!

Glad to read that....I'll make sure I show this to my English Teacher the first day at school :p

Excellent review and photos. I am so looking forward to sail the Dream in Feb.

Again, great job!

I'm sure you'll have a good time! Now I want to try new lines so hopefully will soon board a new line's ship :D

....and since I want to do Naval/Marine Engineering we take it more seriously than just a vacation....I drive them crazy talking about ships all the time so the Oasis for an example was not only my "child" but theirs since I showed them every progress in my "convincing process"....its not that easy but I learned and it always works....already planning the arguments for 2 cruises next year one almost decided the other more difficult so wish me luck :D

Wow i'm glad i'm not the only cruise ship nerd my age! I pretty much drive my family (and friends) crazy all the time talking about ships and I'm actually a rising junior majoring in naval architecture/marine engineering so we have a lot in common!

Good luck with school (and arguing for more cruises!)

Great review and photos. Thanks so much for sharing!

You're more than welcome ;)

Thanks for reading :)

Great review! I was wondering how many pools are there? The pools also seem very small...is it?

I told you guys I forgot some stuff....like my dad says "If you wanna do it right, then don't rush"....even though the pools are beautiful and much better than other Carnival pools we've been to yes they're small for the ship's size....there are 2: the main one(deck 10 mid) where they have the Seaside Theatre(screen) and the aft one(also 10)....we usually go to the pool by the end of the afternoon when people are already having their early seatting dinner so it was always with fewer people....there were a lot of chairs around thou...not directly around but in the upper decks for sunbathing or in the shades....shouldn't b a problem :cool:

Wow i'm glad i'm not the only cruise ship nerd my age! I pretty much drive my family (and friends) crazy all the time talking about ships and I'm actually a rising junior majoring in naval architecture/marine engineering so we have a lot in common!

Good luck with school (and arguing for more cruises!)

Hahahah I try not to talk with people about it cause I can't stop but when I do it's a problem....living in Florida everyone has been on a cruise and loves it so also knows a lot so its much easier :D

That's pretty awesome....I'd like to know more about the career, colleges, etc....I'm starting my Junior year in High School so soon will be starting college application so help would be great since its not a very well known career....where do you go to?

Hahahah I try not to talk with people about it cause I can't stop but when I do it's a problem....living in Florida everyone has been on a cruise and loves it so also knows a lot so its much easier :D

That's pretty awesome....I'd like to know more about the career, colleges, etc....I'm starting my Junior year in High School so soon will be starting college application so help would be great since its not a very well known career....where do you go to?

Understood. Living in the mountains of NC definitely doesn't help.

And I completely understand about the lack of info...it really isn't well known and there definitely aren't many schools that offer it (especially public ones). But I go to UNO (University of New Orleans), which apparantly has the largest NAME school in the country (it's still doesn't have very many people, of course). It's a lot of work but it's awesome because everyone is there for the same reason. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have them.

And sorry for hijacking your thread...it's just neat to find other people interested in NAME!

Nice review and pictures. I enjoyed your perspective on the whole experience. I feel odd admitting this on a Carnival board, but I understand you feelings about Oasis. We were on her in February and I honestly can't stop thinking about that ship. I have been on two other cruises since then, but she leaves a lasting impression.

Amazing review! I am cruising on the Dream in October for my wedding and some of the reviews were making me more then a little worried. Now I am realizing that most were over-exaggerated. It sounds like my family is a lot like yours in that we go with the flow, for the most part, and understand not everything goes as planned or perfect.

You really are a great writer and those pictures were wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together.

Samantha

Great review! I cancelled this cruise and rebooked on the Victory for 8/22/2010 because of all the so-so reviews in the begining. My SIL is on her right now , this is the one i cancelled. Now i'll just wait to book the Magic as all the negatives should be corrected on that ship! Glad you had a great time Ricardo!

Ricardo, thanks for this review and pictures, you did an amazing job. We are going on the Dream in Feb. I also was worried about the size of the ship and the bad reviews.

One question, the big screen on the lido deck, are you able to see what is being shown in daylight hours? Is volume turned up instead of music? Thanks!

Enjoy your DR vacation. We have a stop there on our Miracle cruise this Dec..

JoAnn

Understood. Living in the mountains of NC definitely doesn't help.

And I completely understand about the lack of info...it really isn't well known and there definitely aren't many schools that offer it (especially public ones). But I go to UNO (University of New Orleans), which apparantly has the largest NAME school in the country (it's still doesn't have very many people, of course). It's a lot of work but it's awesome because everyone is there for the same reason. I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have them.

And sorry for hijacking your thread...it's just neat to find other people interested in NAME!

Thats pretty cool I gotta start visiting colleges....glad u enjoy it....when you like what you do ur halfway to success right?:)

Yeah I'd like to know what types of classes you take, what should I be taking in HS(I start my IB program next week!), and what are your plans for when you graduate....you know to have a basic idea....my dad heard once that Marine and Aerial engineering overlap each other which explains a lot....when I was little I loved planes...I still do but ships are my favorite.....

Nice review and pictures. I enjoyed your perspective on the whole experience. I feel odd admitting this on a Carnival board, but I understand you feelings about Oasis. We were on her in February and I honestly can't stop thinking about that ship. I have been on two other cruises since then, but she leaves a lasting impression.

Hahaha I know but I believe there's no way other cruise lines can ignore that.....it is a fact that the Oasis is impressive....so many options onobard its gonna take a while for another ship to offer more.....and I think its probably gonna be Royal once again :rolleyes::D

Thanks for the great review!!! Great job!

Thanks for reading....glad you enjoyed it!

Archived