DREAM or NIGHTMARE? - My Review with Pictures!

RicardoC

What was the name of the beach bar you rented the chairs from? They look nice.

I seriously can't remember neither do my parents :eek:

Anyways it started with K and was like a Polinesian name/theme, is probably the biggest cause it has a bar, a restaurant, a store, and restrooms, was right beside a jetski rental place(but I think there are several so not that helpful:p ) . Ill try to find it but we saw several others with better price so that may not be our choice next time even though its the nicest one :cool:

You are and EXCELLENT writer. I'd NEVER in a million years picture you as only 16. Your parents must be SOOOOO proud.

Your review and pictures are EXCELLENT. I love how you compare the different cruise lines.

Haha thx a lot! I suspect they are but try not to show :D

Yes until a couple years ago I was decided to only cruise with one line(RCI) but when It got to the point we knew every class of ships besides Voyager(which is similar to the Freedom class we knew) and saw other opportunities we decided to stick with the RCCL lines which are our favorites but also try new ones....and I enjoy doing so to compare....in my opinion if you cruise with one only you're not gonna have another point of view of cruises plus it gets boring....same menus, decor, layouts, sometimes even shows :rolleyes::confused:

I seriously can't remember neither do my parents :eek:

Anyways it started with K and was like a Polinesian name/theme, is probably the biggest cause it has a bar, a restaurant, a store, and restrooms, was right beside a jetski rental place(but I think there are several so not that helpful:p ) . Ill try to find it but we saw several others with better price so that may not be our choice next time even though its the nicest one :cool:

Haha thx a lot! I suspect they are but try not to show :D

Yes until a couple years ago I was decided to only cruise with one line(RCI) but when It got to the point we knew every class of ships besides Voyager(which is similar to the Freedom class we knew) and saw other opportunities we decided to stick with the RCCL lines which are our favorites but also try new ones....and I enjoy doing so to compare....in my opinion if you cruise with one only you're not gonna have another point of view of cruises plus it gets boring....same menus, decor, layouts, sometimes even shows :rolleyes::confused:

Would it have been Konatiki beach bar?

Very nice review, and from a 16 year old WOW!!!

Keep up the good work, and good luck with school this year.

Thank You you two!!

Yeah I'm gonna need some luck this year....from what I've heard on the first two days :eek:

It's ok though my xmas cruise is a motivation :rolleyes::)

I’ve read several bad reviews about this ship saying it was a true “Nightmare” and that they would never board this ship anymore which got me worried but I also read several “Living the Dream” reviews which got me curious. It is impossible to enjoy this ship to its fullest in one week only so I did not try a lot of things I wanted such as the laser tag and the slides (they always had lines and the last day at sea I was going but fell asleep and woke up after it closed), but now that we’re back home after experiencing this new ship I got to a conclusion: This was not a conventional Dream like the ones you dream at night which last long and are sometimes crazy or scary. Carnival’s Dream is more like a nap dream….you know you are dreaming but it looks so real that you get used to it even when it’s surreal like Carnival’s decor….you get comfy and learn how to enjoy it even with crowds and noises, you lose notion of time and the world outside by staring at the sunset or listening to the ocean, and you find out that even though it is not the best Dream or the best sleep you had, you do not want to wake up from that short one week nap, you wish this DREAM would never end.

Very impressive writing skills for a 17 year old, you appear to be a very intelligent young man, you wowed me, good luck to you and enjoy your future travels.

job well done. nicely balanced review. i will look forward to your further cruise reviews.

Thank you I hope I'll have a new one soon....actually I'm thinking about writting one of our summer 2009 cruise and pre/post cruise in the Baltic but idk if I should since its been a while even though it might help future cruisers.....I started it once but there are so many details about the 20+ days traveling that I stopped :eek: What do you think? Is it too late?

Thank you for the review. I LOVE your photo from Paradise Point also!

Hahaha amazing place I really loved it....I even want to go back in December since I found out several ships are going to be with the Solstice like the Freedom OTS and the Epic....should be able to take nice pics.....:cool:

wow awesome review!!! i'm going to read some of your other ones... keep up the good work....your parents must be very proud of you! and your sister....

Hahaha Thank You :D

Thank you I hope I'll have a new one soon....actually I'm thinking about writting one of our summer 2009 cruise and pre/post cruise in the Baltic but idk if I should since its been a while even though it might help future cruisers.....I started it once but there are so many details about the 20+ days traveling that I stopped :eek: What do you think? Is it too late?

never too late my friend. you have taken on the roll of educator and explorer. we all learn from others experience, a review is an opinion hopefully balanced, but by reading your review you are educating the reader.. in all honesty I have never considered a Baltic cruise, maybe after your cruise i might consider it or recommend it. as far a details hit the high and low lites, what turned you on and off pretty much what you've done already. it takes a lot to impress me, you already have.

I hope I'm paying attention when you write your next review

Dan

ps I had booked on the Dream nov.11, a looong time ago, you confirmed my decision

Ricardo: Dan is right; it is never too late for any thing. Your reviews are great. You are a great inspiration to other and you should be proud of yourself. You made yourself who you are.

We sail the Dream in 22 more Saturdays. :D

Good luck in school.... I know you will do well and succeed.

Cathy

never too late my friend. you have taken on the roll of educator and explorer. we all learn from others experience, a review is an opinion hopefully balanced, but by reading your review you are educating the reader.. in all honesty I have never considered a Baltic cruise, maybe after your cruise i might consider it or recommend it. as far a details hit the high and low lites, what turned you on and off pretty much what you've done already. it takes a lot to impress me, you already have.

I hope I'm paying attention when you write your next review

Dan

ps I had booked on the Dream nov.11, a looong time ago, you confirmed my decision

Well Thank You! You'll not be disappointed...a cruise it always a cruise....and its a new ship so thats a bonus :D

Yes I decided to write it....I got lots of pics and it was a great trip so I want to share it....its gonna take a while though especially since I'm back to school now :rolleyes:

Ricardo: Dan is right; it is never too late for any thing. Your reviews are great. You are a great inspiration to other and you should be proud of yourself. You made yourself who you are.

We sail the Dream in 22 more Saturdays. :D

Good luck in school.... I know you will do well and succeed.

Cathy

I hope so!!! I restarted to write it so hope its turning out to a great review :)

Well Thank You! You'll not be disappointed...a cruise it always a cruise....and its a new ship so thats a bonus :D

Yes I decided to write it....I got lots of pics and it was a great trip so I want to share it....its gonna take a while though especially since I'm back to school now :rolleyes:

I hope so!!! I restarted to write it so hope its turning out to a great review :)

good but school first, i do not know what ship you were on so let us know so we can keep an eye out for it :cool:

This was a Sunday morning fantastic read and great review...after CAD, Chemistry..and all to get you up and running..maybe you should consider short travel how to books, journalism etc. Your imagery, humor, fresh approach, fun factor, and civility all mix up to make it a delight...

There is a guy in Seattle that started by writing how to budget travel in Europe and developed a whole industry around it ..had a similar humor style..yours is so much more fresh..do the fist love first though..because it is a STABLE one and can support all other edeavors..also anything you write like this save for your family happy memories..wow how great will it be to have your travel memory lane conversations on your next trips.

Thank you.

I'm in need of staying inspired right now with my work and life..sometimes all one needs to do is read someone else who is living with theirs...your folks must be so happy and proud...you have a great life ahead..thanks for sharing a piece of it with us...sjn911. Sarah

good but school first, i do not know what ship you were on so let us know so we can keep an eye out for it

Hahah its ok I'll just write it on my free time that's why It should take a while :eek:....and it was a 10 night Baltic on HAL's Eurodam so stay tuned for more!!! :p

This was a Sunday morning fantastic read and great review...after CAD, Chemistry..and all to get you up and running..maybe you should consider short travel how to books, journalism etc. Your imagery, humor, fresh approach, fun factor, and civility all mix up to make it a delight...

There is a guy in Seattle that started by writing how to budget travel in Europe and developed a whole industry around it ..had a similar humor style..yours is so much more fresh..do the fist love first though..because it is a STABLE one and can support all other edeavors..also anything you write like this save for your family happy memories..wow how great will it be to have your travel memory lane conversations on your next trips.

Thank you.

I'm in need of staying inspired right now with my work and life..sometimes all one needs to do is read someone else who is living with theirs...your folks must be so happy and proud...you have a great life ahead..thanks for sharing a piece of it with us...sjn911. Sarah

Thank you! I also like to read around here on my everyday life so it feels like Im on vacation or makes me dream about future ones :rolleyes:

Glad it was nice for you to read it....thats why I like to write reviews and post pics....working on another one from last summer so will have lots of info and pictures of the Baltic in the future :)

• 1 month later...

RicardoC and SeaBrz,

Enjoyed both of your reviews greatly, but have a couple questions for both of you.

I have read in several reviews that mention the smell and how thin the stateroom walls are.

Did you experience/ notice either of these aspects of the Dream? I am about ready to book the Dream for next June, but want to get some insight from a recent cruiser.

Thanks,

Sean

Thank you Recardo for ur review. I go Oct 16 on Dream for a week. The West Carribean. I have been many times on the Sensation, and once on the Glory but never the Dream. Looking forward to the trip. Keep up the good work and do well in school. Your future is in your hands and I feel you are very aware of that. Please tell me if there are any things that are a must on ship so i make sure i don't miss them. Thank you, Don

I’ve read several bad reviews about this ship saying it was a true “Nightmare” and that they would never board this ship anymore which got me worried but I also read several “Living the Dream” reviews which got me curious. It is impossible to enjoy this ship to its fullest in one week only so I did not try a lot of things I wanted such as the laser tag and the slides (they always had lines and the last day at sea I was going but fell asleep and woke up after it closed), but now that we’re back home after experiencing this new ship I got to a conclusion: This was not a conventional Dream like the ones you dream at night which last long and are sometimes crazy or scary. Carnival’s Dream is more like a nap dream….you know you are dreaming but it looks so real that you get used to it even when it’s surreal like Carnival’s decor….you get comfy and learn how to enjoy it even with crowds and noises, you lose notion of time and the world outside by staring at the sunset or listening to the ocean, and you find out that even though it is not the best Dream or the best sleep you had, you do not want to wake up from that short one week nap, you wish this DREAM would never end.

CarnivalDream2010173.jpg

I wanted to post this today since we're leaving to the Dominican Republic for a week tomorrow so If I forgot about anything or you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer as soon as I can!

Thanks,

Ricardo :)

This picture of the ship is just beautiful!! I'm bookmarking your thread so i can finish reading it tomorrow! Great pictures and i'm really enjoying reading your review! Hard to believe you are only 16...you write like someone who is much older!:)

Archived