DREAM or NIGHTMARE? - My Review with Pictures!

RicardoC

Great review young man! You are fortunate indeed to have been able to travel as much as you have at your age. Hopefully you realize and appreciate your good fortune in that.

I never got to do that kind of travelling as a teenager, but 10 years in the Navy afforded me the chance to travel extensively and I even got to live in Sicily for 2 years.

RicardoC and SeaBrz,

Enjoyed both of your reviews greatly, but have a couple questions for both of you.

I have read in several reviews that mention the smell and how thin the stateroom walls are.

Did you experience/ notice either of these aspects of the Dream? I am about ready to book the Dream for next June, but want to get some insight from a recent cruiser.

Thanks,

Sean

Well thank you and now there are four in case in missed the other two :p

Well our deck did not smell bad neither did the others except when we had to walk in one of the lower decks' hallways and yes I even mentioned it to my parents since I read about it around here.....a shame for those with staterooms nearby.....

And Id say the stateroom walls are thin...I guess they are in every ship but depends on your neighbors which, as I mentioned on my review, thought it was 3pm when it was 3am :eek:

I think ull have an amazing vacation anyways :)

This picture of the ship is just beautiful!! I'm bookmarking your thread so i can finish reading it tomorrow! Great pictures and i'm really enjoying reading your review! Hard to believe you are only 16...you write like someone who is much older!:)

Thank You!

I love my pics too :D

Thank you Recardo for ur review. I go Oct 16 on Dream for a week. The West Carribean. I have been many times on the Sensation, and once on the Glory but never the Dream. Looking forward to the trip. Keep up the good work and do well in school. Your future is in your hands and I feel you are very aware of that. Please tell me if there are any things that are a must on ship so i make sure i don't miss them. Thank you, Don

You'll have a blast! We'd sailed Carnival's smaller ships and these new mega ones are a brand new experience!

Wow great review it helps me feel better about booking this ship. It is nice to read someone who has very normal expectations on here.;)

Hahah I understand you....some people are just too picky....and we think we are...hum...lets say....demanding :rolleyes:

Excellent review. I loved it. Can't wait to sail on Sat.

Thanks....you have no idea how jealous I am right now :o We have some family members spending the weekend at Atlantis so say Hi to them :p and enjoy your week onboard of course :)

Your review and photographs were great. We will be sailing on her sister's ship, The Magic, when she sails out of Galveston so, thanks to you, I have a nice idea of what that ship will look like.

Hope you have a great time on this even newer ship and please write a review with tons of pics so we all see how will SHE look like ;)

A guy with awfully big panties.

Hahahahah I saw that I forgot to hide those a couple days ago and thought "No one will pay attention to that...." :p Those are not even mine though....my dads...hope he doesn't find out I posted his panties on the internet for the world to see :eek::D

Great review young man! You are fortunate indeed to have been able to travel as much as you have at your age. Hopefully you realize and appreciate your good fortune in that.

I never got to do that kind of travelling as a teenager, but 10 years in the Navy afforded me the chance to travel extensively and I even got to live in Sicily for 2 years.

Yes I'm really thankful for my life and especially traveling since, in my opinion, is one of the best if not THE best part of it! That's pretty sweet! One of my "dreams" is to live, even for a short time, somewhere in Europe like Italy, Spain, or France....lets see how life goes :rolleyes:

Thanks for thanking the time to read and post about the review :)

Thank you Recardo for ur review. I go Oct 16 on Dream for a week. The West Carribean. I have been many times on the Sensation, and once on the Glory but never the Dream. Looking forward to the trip. Keep up the good work and do well in school. Your future is in your hands and I feel you are very aware of that. Please tell me if there are any things that are a must on ship so i make sure i don't miss them. Thank you, Don

Don.. have you checked out our roll call thread for the Dream on the 16th? Come on over and join in!

Excellent review and pictures, Ricardo. You sound like a smart, confident young man who will attain his dreams. I wish you the best of luck, and just know that if you want to live somewhere in Europe...you will make that 'Dream' come true as well.

I was on Dream for her Westbound transatlantic in Oct. 2009 and must say that I enjoyed all aspects of her. Even for that length of time, I did not get to see all the nooks and crannies....one never has enough time on a cruise ship....:p

Joyce :D

p.s. I noticed the 'panties' too...but that's what makes life fun, the unexpected!!!!

I am researching for my next cruise and was considering the Dream. I came upon this post and all I can say is WOW! You write and review a cruise ship better than most adults. Way to go. Very informative, descriptive, and it was great to read your point of view. You are a very intelligent young man and a very lucky one to have done so many cruises in just 16 years. :D

Excellent review and pictures, Ricardo. You sound like a smart, confident young man who will attain his dreams. I wish you the best of luck, and just know that if you want to live somewhere in Europe...you will make that 'Dream' come true as well.

I was on Dream for her Westbound transatlantic in Oct. 2009 and must say that I enjoyed all aspects of her. Even for that length of time, I did not get to see all the nooks and crannies....one never has enough time on a cruise ship....

Joyce

p.s. I noticed the 'panties' too...but that's what makes life fun, the unexpected!!!!

hahaha thank you! It always happens...we relax...have a good time...and the moment I step outside the ship I remember all I did not see :eek::rolleyes::D

I am researching for my next cruise and was considering the Dream. I came upon this post and all I can say is WOW! You write and review a cruise ship better than most adults. Way to go. Very informative, descriptive, and it was great to read your point of view. You are a very intelligent young man and a very lucky one to have done so many cruises in just 16 years.

Well thank you for reading! Hope you find the best cruise for you! :cool:

Archived