Royal Promanade Stateroom

We are going for promenade room # 4 in Feb on Liberty. We love them. Have been on Adventure and Explorer and Independence, and all three decks, no real differrence in size or layout. Love being able to people watch from the picture window. Pick a stateroom midship to get the best views of the parades. Going for deck 7 on Liberty. Ladies, also great for seeing the new sales on the Royal Promenade!

We've had a promenade room and loved it! We actually booked them for our next cruises.

The only two occasions it was noisy were the parade night and the 70s night. And for those, the noise was over as soon as the event was. It's fun to watch those from your room too! The windows don't open, but the view is great. We love people watching!

I believe the promenade rooms are technically bigger by a bit. We found that we had more than enough room to enjoy ourselves. (Also the window is helpful if claustrophobia is a worry!)

On our Voyager cruise this past February our friends had a promenade (my first cruise was a promenade cabin--I didn't mind it one bit) and when they first got to the room we were waving to the people in the cabin across the way. Next thing there is a knock at the door. The lady brought over a bottle of wine her TA left for them. They didn't drink wine; but if not for the drapes being open we would never have seen the nice couple and our friends would never have received that bottle of wine. Just be sure to close the drapes when undressing!

Has anyone experienced a Royal Promanade Stateroom? I am thinking about switching to this type of stateroom from an interior. Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas April 10, 2011. Is it noisy, and can you open the window or is it totally stationary. I need to make up my mind soon, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. How does the size compare to an interior? Just my DH and i will be sailing. Thanks.

;) We were on the 6th floor across from the Pig & Whistle(?). We heard the base--boom,boom until 2 AM. We went back to an interior for the past 4 cruises.

We really enjoyed it and barely noticed any sound. It was nice to look out and see what people were doing, or see the parades without actually having to go down there and deal with crowds. I will agree that it was annoying constantly having to walk around/over the bed, because it does divide the room with the sitting area by the window. But overall we really enjoyed it and our friends with a regular inside stateroom were jealous!

I was in a Promenade room on the Mariner and it was awesome!

Even took a video tour ...

We only heard noise from outside when the parade was going on, but it was fine because it didn't last too late and we were able to watch from our window ^_^

I went just last year.

I agree with Amunet. We were in a Promenade room on the 7th floor of the Mariner. Only heard some sound during the promenade parade. We really liked the window seat to people watch and the room did feel bigger. As far as I remember you can't open the windows. You won't regret booking this category room.

The windows do not open. Noise would only be a problem for those that come unprepared and don't bring earplugs. While not especially noisy (except perhaps during a parade), any cabing can experience noise at any time....it could be noisy neighbors....it could be noisy plumbing....it could be location of another venue...anything. Smart travelers never depend on circumstance to ensure a quiet night's sleep...they take charge and invest a few cents on earplugs.

Inexperienced travelers show up unprepared, then complain afterwards.

We only heard noise from outside when the parade was going on, but it was fine because it didn't last too late and we were able to watch from our window ^_^

I went just last year.

Thanks for the video!

I went just last year.

thanks for the video... if that doesn't answer everyone's questions as to layout etc. not quite sure what would :)

You're very welcome Herb and CMM ^_^

I originally took the video for our own purposes ... hence why I went into detail about the decorations and my bracelet XD After re-watching it ... I realized that I just did a complete room tour/review lol

I went just last year.

Loved your video. Thanks so much for posting it. We will be sailing aboard the Mariner next Nov in room 7295 so I assume we will have the same view. Can you tell me what shops are below?

Joan

Anybody have a pic/video with the beds seperated to make 2 twins ?

We are doing a family "girls" cruise and have 2 adjoining promenade cabins booked. So 4 women in 2 cabins - have asked for twins.

Just curious if it makes moving around even more difficult than what everyone has posted with queens.

Not a deal breaker.....just curious. Usually get a balcony but have to go with the others and they don't want to spend the $$

The windows do not open. Noise would only be a problem for those that come unprepared and don't bring earplugs. While not especially noisy (except perhaps during a parade), any cabing can experience noise at any time....it could be noisy neighbors....it could be noisy plumbing....it could be location of another venue...anything. Smart travelers never depend on circumstance to ensure a quiet night's sleep...they take charge and invest a few cents on earplugs.

Well put, we carry earplugs but we also have a cheap sound machine (sound of waves) that we got at Babies are Us.

Just re-read this post........ Oh my gosh..... I am usually SO tired by the time my head hits the pillow I sleep like the dead :eek:

I was in one on deck eight. I couldn't hear a thing outside. The window does not open.

fromdoor.jpg

fromdoor2.jpg

fromwindow.jpg

The follow pictures were taken from the cabin window ...

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

once again, thanks for posting the pictures. Just booked this exact cabin on Explorer of the Seas for our cruise July 2011..

Has anyone stayed in a handicap promenade room? My sister and her husband are staying on deck 7 in one on the Explorer and we are across the hall in a balcony ;) We were wondering if a person confined to wheelchair can see out the promenade window or is there a window seat in the handicap rooms too?

I've had a handicap PR cabin. We didn't need it but just booked late so it was open, didn't even realize what it was until we got to the room (I book for price not cabin).

The room was huge, sorry no pics. Yes, there is a window seat there too. I would think a person in a wheelchair would have trouble seeing out & down to the Promanade unless on the window seat.

Archived