Royal Promanade Stateroom

Has anyone experienced a Royal Promanade Stateroom? I am thinking about switching to this type of stateroom from an interior. Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas April 10, 2011. Is it noisy, and can you open the window or is it totally stationary. I need to make up my mind soon, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. How does the size compare to an interior? Just my DH and i will be sailing. Thanks.

We were on the 7th floor (Explorer) and it was not noisy at all. I think the size is very close to the interior but it feels much larger because of the window. You cannot open the windows. We enjoyed the oportunity to people watch and we had a great parade view. I would always take a promenade over an interior. There is a window seat and the extra seating was welcome.

I had a Promenade cabin on Explorer and did not like it. It wasn't that it was noisy, but the layout is not as nice as the inside cabins. Basically, the bed is in the center of the cabin. There is less than a foot of space between the end of the bed and the wall. The bed divides the closet and bathroom from the desk and sitting area. While it was nice to have extra seating since you get both the small sofa and the window seat, it was very inconvenient having to walk past the bed all the time. We have already booked inside cabins again for our next cruise.

Just off the Explorer. I put my boys, 15 and 17 in a Prom. It is very tiny. If you dont spend alot of time in there then it is fine. Especially for the money. I watched the parade from their window which was fun. We were on the 6th floor over the "Logo Shop". For a better view of the parades, at least on the Explorer, I would look at the deck plan and pick a room closer to the Cafe, But be careful, I heard the rooms over the pub are noisey. My boys room was not.

If you do decide to go for a Promenade Room try and get the 'Ben & Jerry Cow Room'' as you will get free icecream!!!! great for the kids with you!!!

Just make sure that you "unplug" the motion sensor cow. Otherwise when you get up in the middle of the night the cabin is filled with MOOOOO MMOOOOOO MOOOOOOO and then you are wide awake.:p:D;):D:p

We are going on the Freedom of the Seas on April 24. We have been in a promenade room before and loved it. Great for watching the parade. No noise. Remember to close your curtains before undressing as you can be seen.

We are going to stay in the Ben and Jerry Sweet and excited to be there.

Free ice cream here we come.

We stayed in a promanade, deck 7 on the Freedom in January & enjoyed it. Bed was comfortable, nice to have the window seat & view of parade. It was quiet & not too far from the elevators. For hubby & I it was large enough as we do not stay in the cabin except to sleep. Yes, when the light is on, you must close your curtains if you are getting dressed, as the people across can see in.

We have a promanade on the Oasis in Sept. sure it will be just a nice. Enjoy your cruise.

thanks for this thread... I guess it's not too important which deck or where on the deck when it comes to picking a Promenade cabin... :)

I had one on deck 6 right above the cafe ... there were always people to watch and it was only a minute to get down to grab a snack. That being said, the window may make the cabin feel bigger, but I also felt a bit cramped as the beds required you to slide along the wall to get past them.

If you do decide to go for a Promenade Room try and get the 'Ben & Jerry Cow Room'' as you will get free icecream!!!! great for the kids with you!!!

There have been some reports of noise in these rooms due to location near a crew door that is used at all hours. Guess that wasn't a problem for you. Thanks for posting. :)

I had cabin 7283 mid ship promenade in April of this year...the cabin was all the previous posters said but on two occasions we did find it very, very noise for approximately 1 hour. This was when the parades were on. On the very first night around 9 or 10 o'clock (don't remember exact time) my husband was trying to get some rest as he drove down from Montreal and was very tired and couldn't get a wink. Then one more time later on in this 13 day cruise again but did not bother us so much. No noise at all except for the parade days...Very good location and view of the promenade. Happy cruising :)

I've stayed in a Promenade stateroom and really enjoyed it and we will be staying in another one in January on LOS. We have 4 staterooms booked, 2 Promenade, 1 window and 1 JS, it will be nice to tour all 4 staterooms...I bet I will like the JS the best!! I would pick the Promenade over the inside stateroom.

My husband and I will be married 20 yrs on Aug 11. Sailing in Sept.... Western Caribbean....We just booked promenade room number 7587 on the Liberty. Does anyone know "exactly" what our view will be? What it is over? etc.... Thank you. :)

By the way... in response to a few posts that said there is less than a foot between the end of the bed and they wall, not sure what that is all about..... we saw a you tube video and there looks to be 2 feet atleast. Not a problem for us as we are not large people. I may be wrong about the room, as I was only viewing a video..... but I guess we will find out next month! :)

DH and I go between balcony and Promenade rooms. We enjoying watching what is going on. We have take our 2 DS and they have not found the size to be a problem. They are now both in their early 20's and one is 6'6' and the other is 6'4", so there feet always hang off beds and they have had plenty of room. We have never had a problem with noise on deck 7 or 8.

We had a promenade cabin on the Explorer (deck 7) for the first & last time in April. The price on them is so good, I just had to give it a shot, but I won't do it again.

No noise, but limited views because of the flags that are hanging along the promenade. We also found the set up of the room difficult. I felt like we needed a traffic light at the bottom of the bed.

We had a promenade room on the 8th deck on the Freedom last November. It is true that there is not much room to get around the end of the bed. I enjoyed the window seat and did do some people watching but it probably would have been easier to see on a lower deck. The noise was not bad at all. My big complaint was that I booked the room so I could have some sense of time that you don't get in an inside cabin and found the promenade cabin to be no substitute for sunlight. Based on this i won't do it again,I just like the sun in the morning. Also remember do not change your clothes with the curtain open because the people across the way can see in your window clearly.

I wouldn't say the distance from the end of bed to wall is less than a foot. More like 1 foot something? Not much more but I found that to be okay. Even the room size.

Not much cabinet space by the mirror as there is only one drawer for the hair dryer and little else. Instead of drawer space there is just a chair & to the right of that a mini fridge that takes up what should of been drawers. Try not to keep your ice-bucket over the mini-fridge as it is quite warm above this area and the ice melts fast. Most of the time I kept the bucket inside the fridge.

I had the smallest closet space ever compared to my previous cruises. Did not like the layout either. The safe is also found inside the closet. There are some wire shelves under the safe and to the right not much space for clothing & shoes. The very top shelf had the life jack which I removed & tucked away under the bed. Enough space under the bed for your luggage. The promenade rooms are made for two passengers only.

The two luv seats were nice, especially the one by the window. It seemed I was the only one using this window view as I never saw anyone else from across my window. The drapes were pulled shut at all occasions except on the last morning. I was facing the boutique area. The promenade cafe was under my room two deck down. Not noisy for that reason only during the parades. I've heard that the regular inside cabins have a better layout but I didn't get a chance to see any.

I would still prefer the promenade to an inside room, but my husband would not. He never bothered to sit in this area and found it useless & asked me never to book one again...(due to parade noise on the 1st night and then again towards the end of cruise. (too noisy). Actually it would of been better to watch the parade from deck five where they are held instead of from above. The parades were mostly employees dressed up in various outfits and just walking down the promenade making lots of noise and little entertainment. Just my opinion...

Seems like people love them or hate them -we hated them! Not a noise issue but the lack of privacy, remembering to keep the curtain shut otherwise the room opposite looks straight in. Prefer to have a wall than that window with the horrible net curtain! Just my opinion though...

Archived