Dining - A Window Seat?

Probably only way unless you are in the best suite is to go down to MDR immediately upon embarcation with a $50 to the MaitreD who will be there. Pull it out( discretely), with your question. Ask him to show you exact able also.

We always check our table out once we board the ship. On one of our recent Freedom of the Seas cruises, we didn't like our table (for two) and requested to be moved to another table. It just so happened to be by a window. Like another poster wrote, by 8:30 it's dark and you really can't see much, but we didn't care, we enjoyed having the private spot for two by the window. We didn't have a suite and we didn't have to give $50. We did tip for the nice change but only a few dollars...I think you'll be amazed at what you can do if you just ask. No harm in asking for a change. Good luck and have a great cruise!

If you don't mind not being in the 'central' MDR, you can usually get window seating for the 3 of you at a table in one of the side rooms. I don't have time at the moment to look on the RCI site right now to get the exact names of those rooms for the Radiance (I think Cascades is on Radiance? Or at least one of the sister ships - they all have side rooms.)

If you don't mind not being in the 'central' MDR, you can usually get window seating for the 3 of you at a table in one of the side rooms. I don't have time at the moment to look on the RCI site right now to get the exact names of those rooms for the Radiance (I think Cascades is on Radiance? Or at least one of the sister ships - they all have side rooms.)

It is the Cascades. Good memory!

The late seating being dark is a good point. I forgot to mention that we are cruising Alaska in May but don't know if it will be lighter. I think these posts have convinced me to take my chances and see who we get to dine with. We requested a 6 to 8 person table.

Probably only way unless you are in the best suite is to go down to MDR immediately upon embarcation with a $50 to the MaitreD who will be there. Pull it out( discretely), with your question. Ask him to show you exact able also.

Umm, just no. He will not take a bribe. If he did, I would be outraged and would probably report him.

It is the Cascades. Good memory!

The late seating being dark is a good point. I forgot to mention that we are cruising Alaska in May but don't know if it will be lighter. I think these posts have convinced me to take my chances and see who we get to dine with. We requested a 6 to 8 person table.

I will back track just a little knowing now that you will be in Alaska. We were there the first week of June and it was daylight until after 10pm. So you might be able to enjoy a sunset.

You will love your cruise to Alaska. Make sure you come back and write a review, with pics.

I will back track just a little knowing now that you will be in Alaska. We were there the first week of June and it was daylight until after 10pm. So you might be able to enjoy a sunset.

You will love your cruise to Alaska. Make sure you come back and write a review, with pics.

This is our second cruise to Alaska and the first was wonderful! It has jaded me for life going to aquariums and zoos after seeing the nature wildlife. This one is a repo from San Diego. Can't wait! Will definitely write a thorough review. The Radiance is a beautiful ship so I already know the sea days will be fun!

Umm, just no. He will not take a bribe. If he did, I would be outraged and would probably report him.

"Just no" to what? Savvy etiquette? Tipping customs vary. It is not as common in Great Britain and other Commonwealth countries as it is in the culture governing etiquette on board a RCCL cruise ship. Tipping for special attentiveness is not considered a bribe in this situation and characterization of it as such demonstrates severe parochialism.

p.s. I cannot fathom how you could become outraged if YOU were to offer such a tip and it were accepted. The legal concept of equitable estoppel comes to mind. However, If you were to report a maitred for accepting a tip you offered, I suspect you would be considered an oddball.

Just have your TA call RC and she what they can do. Our TA got us a table for 2 once with no problem. If not just go the 1st day and check out your table. You can always request a change. I've done that before and it was granted. Not a window view but I went from a table of 8 to a table of 4. Good luck!

Archived