Mr_Cruise's opinion of RCCL these days...

I also agree wholeheartedly.

I come back to Royal Caribbean again and again because they offer a great product at a reasonable price. I find my cruises here are more cost effective than many land based trips. Service great, activities fun, vacation = happiness! Have 3 more lined up and I'm sure as soon as the 2012 itineraries are released, I'll be planning my 5th wedding anniverasry cruise!

We have cruised 19 times all with RCCL. Have we had problems, ABSOLUTELY. Did RCCL resolve these problems, ABSOLUTELY!!! This is why we have never sailed any other lines.

As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Tim

First let me say that the O/P is 100% correct. Please don't take umbrage with this post but my wife and I both agree that one could substitute Princess or Carnival for RCCL in the original post. Other lines may also offer the same sort of value but we have only cruised on three of them hence our statement. Let's face it, cruising is where it's at! Bon Voyage to all!

Given that despite my rather limited number of posts when compared to many others I've become known for rather strongly opinionated comments, I thought I'd let you all know what I think of RCCL these days... Why? Because there appears to be some other strongly opinionated CC members posts that are getting a lot of attention, and I want it! :D

There have been some changes at RCCL, both in policy as well as on board experience, that we're all more than well aware of by now. With that said, there have also been changes to most businesses, products and services in all sectors over the same period of time; companies need to adapt, or they die.

The bottom line is that RCCL continues to deliver an incredible value for the vacation dollar.

I've cruised aboard ships from seven different cruise lines, but my next two booked are both with RCCL. If you're on the October 6th 2010 departure of the Brilliance of the Seas, or the December 5th 2010 departure of the Mariner of the Seas, I'll see you there!

Although we have never cruised any other line but RCCL, I have to agree that bang for the buck, RCCL ROCKS :D Besides, what other cruise line has a Flowrider?

First let me say that the O/P is 100% correct. Please don't take umbrage with this post but my wife and I both agree that one could substitute Princess or Carnival for RCCL in the original post. Other lines may also offer the same sort of value but we have only cruised on three of them hence our statement. Let's face it, cruising is where it's at! Bon Voyage to all!

I concur.

I've been aboard many more cruise ships than I've set sail on, but have actually cruised on a number of ships within the following fleets: RCCL, CEL, PCL, NCL, HAL, VRC & RSSC.

Cruise vacations on any ship are usually good value for the money. In my opinion, some are only a great value when lower priced than others for similar itineraries and durations (let's face it, if RCCL was the same price as RSSC, then RCCL would not be good value; but since they're not, they're both great value for the money).

My initial reason for starting a thread about the exceptional value RSSC provides was due to there being far too many RCCL bashing threads lately. So in all fairness, I felt it appropriate to start one that highlighted an upside to traveling with RCCL.

Mr. Cruise doesn't know what he's talking about. Royal Caribbean is a company of rip-off artists who lure us into booking cruises at a reasonable price only to later not lower the price for us. Then we're stuck eating swill in the dining room, which is a step up from the gruel in the Windjammer, and having to pay exhorbitant prices for a bottle of mediocre wine with which to choke it down. :mad:

Just kidding. I very much enjoy cruising with them. But everyone just seemed a little too agreeable on this thread.

RCI has been a great vacation value for us. Almost every time we consider a land vacation, we see that we can do a cruise for less money; since April of 2008 we have averaged only $709 pp for mostly D1 cabins, and always at least an E1. And that is over 12 cruises! And now that RCI has increased the perks for D+, we really feel that RCI is giving excellent value.

This is so true. When I started adding up the cost of a vacation a couple of years ago to a popular land base resort for 3 days, adding in the cost of the Hotel, Food 3x's a day, snacks, drinks, getting there and entertaining ourselves, I was like WOW! So I said let me look at cruises and chose the 3 day RCI to Bahamas from Port Canaveral. That was BIG mistake........ Cause now I'm hooked Dag gone it! The deal for that cruise was awesome in comparison to the land base vacation! Can't look back now! Gotta Keep Cruising!

Mr. Cruise doesn't know what he's talking about. Royal Caribbean is a company of rip-off artists who lure us into booking cruises at a reasonable price only to later not lower the price for us. Then we're stuck eating swill in the dining room, which is a step up from the gruel in the Windjammer, and having to pay exhorbitant prices for a bottle of mediocre wine with which to choke it down. :mad:

Just kidding. I very much enjoy cruising with them. But everyone just seemed a little too agreeable on this thread.

HA HA HA HA HA - funny :D

I like this guy too!!! :D

Ok, that was mean. I was sipping water when I got to the end and laughed so hard I spit some on the keyboard!!!

Yeah - I'm counting the days until I will be a prisoner on the Explorer, stuck in a hovel of a corner aft cabin with a gigantic balcony and forced to eat swill and gruel from the MDR and WJ and choke it down with wine.

[quote name='QLUVS2CRUZ']I am so happy that this thread didn't turn into bashing other lines, and just stayed with praising a good product. So many posts on CC turn nasty...I like the positive!:D[/quote]

I know I'm being repetitive, buuuuut... I like you too! :D

[quote name='138east']Yeah - I'm counting the days until I will be a prisoner on the Explorer, stuck in a hovel of a corner aft cabin with a gigantic balcony and forced to eat swill and gruel from the MDR and WJ and choke it down with wine.[/quote]

Counting with you. I am on my very first cruise ever and picked RC and have not regretted it for a second. I also have a hovel on the Serenade and can't wait to sample the swill!

I have worked for the same company in the travel industry for 36 years and we have had to make many changes in the last couple of years (not all popular but necessary). No one is exempt but from what I read RCCL's people have relly tried to make the best of it.

I can't wait for my cruise!

Ok we sense the love here!:D
The only thing I am upset with RCL for is taking our cruise ships from the west coast which will force us starting in 2011 to cruise with most likely Princess.
This is really unforgivable and hoping Mr Goldstein and RCL changes their mind and sends a ship our way next year. I don't care if San Diego or LA. I won't hold my breath but one has to live with hope.
Yes we are RCL cheerleaders but will have nothing to cheer about soon!:(:(
Laura

Looking forward to my return & farewell cruise on the Mariner- return because we haven't sailed on RCL since 06 & farewell because the line is leaving Los Angeles at the end of the year & I doubt we can catch her again before she leaves.:(

There have been so many changes to the line since the Monarch sailed out of LA, & I can't wait to see them!:D

First of all Paul65 I just about ruined my new MAC, when I read your posting. I came so close to spilling a drink on the keyboard laughing:p

Mr.Cruise, I totally agree with you. We started cruising a few years ago, balancing it between visits to family. Picked RCCL because of all the positive things we had heard versus the others. Have never had anything but a fantastic time and never any complaints.

I tend to be warm blooded and I remember one cruise where our cabin wasn't quite cool enough for me. They sent someone to our cabin to work getting it cooler. Later that night a bottle of champagne was sent to us with a note saying sorry for your warm cabin.

We have found no reason to try any other cruiseline todate.

[quote name='alamogirl']First of all Paul65 I just about ruined my new MAC, when I read your posting. I came so close to spilling a drink on the keyboard laughing:p

Mr.Cruise, I totally agree with you. We started cruising a few years ago, balancing it between visits to family. Picked RCCL because of all the positive things we had heard versus the others. Have never had anything but a fantastic time and never any complaints.

I tend to be warm blooded and I remember one cruise where our cabin wasn't quite cool enough for me. They sent someone to our cabin to work getting it cooler. Later that night a bottle of champagne was sent to us with a note saying sorry for your warm cabin.

We have found no reason to try any other cruiseline todate.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! So far I have only cruised on RCCL's Oasis, but have toured a few others. I'm looking forward to both Brilliance & Mariner.

I can appreciate that when you've always had a great experience with something (say, a cruise line) there's no natural reason to try something different. I like consistency too; especially when I find a brand I like (clothing, foods, etc). However, I do recommend trying other ships; as they say, variety is the spice of life (or something like that). As mentioned previously, I've tried a number of lines and have enjoyed all of them for what they are (and they're all different).

So don't be afraid to try a different ship, who knows, you might like it too! No matter what ship you choose, cruising = good times. :D

[quote name='Mr_Cruise']Given that despite my rather limited number of posts when compared to many others I've become known for rather strongly opinionated comments, I thought I'd let you all know what I think of RCCL these days... Why? Because there appears to be some other strongly opinionated CC members posts that are getting a lot of attention, and I want it! :D

There have been some changes at RCCL, both in policy as well as on board experience, that we're all more than well aware of by now. With that said, there have also been changes to most businesses, products and services in all sectors over the same period of time; companies need to adapt, or they die.

[B]The bottom line is that RCCL continues to deliver an incredible value for the vacation dollar.[/B]

I've cruised aboard ships from seven different cruise lines, but my next two booked are both with RCCL. If you're on the October 6th 2010 departure of the Brilliance of the Seas, or the December 5th 2010 departure of the Mariner of the Seas, I'll see you there![/quote]

Outstanding! We could not have said it any better!!

Earl & Kathy

Archived