Mr_Cruise's opinion of RCCL these days...

Given that despite my rather limited number of posts when compared to many others I've become known for rather strongly opinionated comments, I thought I'd let you all know what I think of RCCL these days... Why? Because there appears to be some other strongly opinionated CC members posts that are getting a lot of attention, and I want it! :D

There have been some changes at RCCL, both in policy as well as on board experience, that we're all more than well aware of by now. With that said, there have also been changes to most businesses, products and services in all sectors over the same period of time; companies need to adapt, or they die.

The bottom line is that RCCL continues to deliver an incredible value for the vacation dollar.

I've cruised aboard ships from seven different cruise lines, but my next two booked are both with RCCL. If you're on the October 6th 2010 departure of the Brilliance of the Seas, or the December 5th 2010 departure of the Mariner of the Seas, I'll see you there!

Once again Mr Cruise gets it totally correct.

Chip........I agree with you, and Mr Cruise........only because for the past few years......we have done nothing but RCCL.

We have found the officers and staff to consistently give us great service.

We would have stayed with Princess........but on our last cruise with them.....some years ago (they were our preferred line) we experienced the worst service of our life. We were in a full suite, asked for little and felt that it would be best that we cruised with other lines.

We will be back with them again.......as I think that what we experienced was a blunder, all the way around. I believe that they want us back with some of the offers of recent times.

We will also miss RCCL on the West Coast.

Rick

Mr Cruise is certainly correct, but, there always seems to be a but, we find =X= to be a slightly better experience and value when you can catch one of their Xtra special sales. However, Royal has many more sailings with prices that just can't be beat so we continue to book their ships more than =X=. We have twelve sailings on the books with Royal and just three with =X= over the next 12 months. (Yes, I'm bragging, but we'll never catch up with Mario, Jerry & Gretta or the Steeles.)

We've tried most of the others (except the high end) and always feel we get more bang for our buck with Royal and =X=. Just my $0.02 worth.:rolleyes:

Royal is our current cruiseline of preference. We always book 2 cabins (balcony and pr or inside) and Royal offers value. Their service imho, has not declined. Royal has the friendliest crew ever! Food quality has declined, but not drastically to be an issue or make a difference in cruise experience. We have been on =X= and love it! When we can cruise without the kids we'll cruise =X= again. For now Royal is good for us, because it is good for young people (18 & 22) too!

OP, your opinion is mirrored by many.

Definitely agree with the charming Mr. Cruise.

We have sailed other lines including Celebrity. While any cruise is better than no cruise, we have always been very pleased to return to Royal Caribbean after trying out another brand.

For me, Celebrity Solstice is a fabulously elegant ship--a delight for the eye in very aspect. However, the atmosphere is just too subdued for my taste. I really enjoyed the decor, but I need a liitle more LIFE in my crusies.

We have enjoyed ALL of our cruises on RCCL but we are looking forward to trying the Celebrity Equinox next year. There is no arguing that the food quality has declined over the years.

My last cruise was aboard the Equinox; you'll have a great time!

Definitely agree with the charming Mr. Cruise.

We have sailed other lines including Celebrity. While any cruise is better than no cruise, we have always been very pleased to return to Royal Caribbean after trying out another brand.

For me, Celebrity Solstice is a fabulously elegant ship--a delight for the eye in very aspect. However, the atmosphere is just too subdued for my taste. I really enjoyed the decor, but I need a liitle more LIFE in my crusies.

I like you too! :D

We have enjoyed ALL of our cruises on RCCL but we are looking forward to trying the Celebrity Equinox next year. There is no arguing that the food quality has declined over the years.

Do you know that Celebrity is also owned by RCL and that you can call them up, give them your RCL status (gold, platinum, diamond??) and you can receive their equivalency level?

We have cruised seven times, five times on RCL and twice on NCL. In all cases we have been presented with terrific service, great cabins, more then adequate dining and entertainment options, and the opportunity to relax and enjoy time on the open ocean.

Both Royal and NCL have given us terrific value for our money, and we gladly return to them again and again ... when something works, we stick with it.

That's not to say that we won't try another cruise line in the future -- we are truly looking forward to a trans-atlantic on the QM2 or QV2 -- but for now, especially with a 4 year old daughter, we're thrilled to have such terrific options.

Michael and Silke

RCI has been a great vacation value for us. Almost every time we consider a land vacation, we see that we can do a cruise for less money; since April of 2008 we have averaged only $709 pp for mostly D1 cabins, and always at least an E1. And that is over 12 cruises! And now that RCI has increased the perks for D+, we really feel that RCI is giving excellent value.

Do you know that Celebrity is also owned by RCL and that you can call them up, give them your RCL status (gold, platinum, diamond??) and you can receive their equivalency level?

Only Platinum and Diamond. Gold does not receive benefits on Celebrity.

Archived