I am surprised!

dac61

We were looking ar booking a cruise in March of 2012.

we looked at Cat 4A for 4 people on CCL

$3906.76 with no insurance in price

RCCL for same date

Cat L $2192 w/ ins

Why te big difference from same port??

Hard to even start guessing when we have no clue which two ships you are comparing, so we dont know the age of the ships or anything else about them.

Sorry,

Carnival Majic out of Galveston

Key West, Freport and Nassau

Mariner of theSeas

Roatan, Honduras, Beileze and Coz

Sailing March 11

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I booked Mariner. I cant wait. I did Voyager twice and thought WOW. I hear Mariner is similar except more glass and a few other upgrades. Im going January 2012 though.

Magic is brand new, and prices will be sky high until the newness wears off.

WOW, I am assuming you are looking at the Magic from G-ton during Spring Break? Not sure why RCCL would be so much cheaper?

Yes that is what I was looking at. Was just very surprised that price was near double!

Sorry,

Carnival Majic out of Galveston

Key West, Freport and Nassau

Mariner of theSeas

Roatan, Honduras, Beileze and Coz

Sailing March 11

Ah for some reason, Carnival puts a premium on that Eastern Itin? I've been on both and I think the Eastern SUCKS, but that's my opinion, but that's the main thing about the difference.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I booked Mariner. I cant wait. I did Voyager twice and thought WOW. I hear Mariner is similar except more glass and a few other upgrades. Im going January 2012 though.

Magic is brand new, and prices will be sky high until the newness wears off.

Yes this is true, don't know how long the newness will last in Texas. I know for the Dream it has disappeared already as for certain dates it is very cheap already for this fall.

I think the big question is why is Mariner being offered at lower prices than the initial offerings were for Voyager the last couple of years. I never am able to book below $500 this far out with RCL and Galveston. (not counting taxes).

Iv got a triple booked for a few $$ under $1500 total.

I think the big question is why is Mariner being offered at lower prices than the initial offerings were for Voyager the last couple of years. I never am able to book below $500 this far out with RCL and Galveston. (not counting taxes).

Iv got a triple booked for a few $$ under $1500 total.

When I looked I was surprised at the difference and then I called both. They gave me the same pricing as I found on website. I have only cruised Carnival in the past as they were always a bit cheaper. I found this and was really surprised. We have children that go see their real Dad over spring break and he cannot take them during the break of 2012 due to another commitment. So we decided to give them their 1st cruise.

When I looked I was surprised at the difference and then I called both. They gave me the same pricing as I found on website. I have only cruised Carnival in the past as they were always a bit cheaper. I found this and was really surprised. We have children that go see their real Dad over spring break and he cannot take them during the break of 2012 due to another commitment. So we decided to give them their 1st cruise.

Go RCCL. The ships are wonderful, though the cabins are a bit smaller. Everything else is pretty much the same. IMO both ships are too big to enjoy, so I would always opt for the smaller one, plus a western itinerary vs a Bahamas itinerary is a no brainer (I know carnival calls it an eastern but the geography says otherwise.).

that sounds outrageously high but carnival gouges bigtime on holidays . dont know why rccl is so cheap though..they have always been more money out of galveston than carnival, even when the rhapsody was here.

what week in march 2012 are yall looking at?:cool:

OP I would grab that price while you can. I already see signs that Mariner is filling up. Now I would have to pay more than $100 pp to get a triple.

My roll call is surprisingly active on Mariner ... I really dont see these prices lasting.

Anytime I'm checking out cruises, Galveston is always more expensive than say Miami. Not much competition in Galveston.

Eastern always seems to be more expensive than western, no matter which port they're sailing from.

Add in Spring Break and new ship....makes for an expensive cruise.

All of this is just my opinion, of course.

The reason Carnival is so much more is that their 3rd and 4th person rate is almost as much as the 1st and 2nd passenger.

Im paying $429 pp for first two and $299 for 3rd.

On Carnival I have been able to get Conquest for $179 for the 3rd person.

I actually think RCL is worse about 3rd 4th, pax rates. Not scientific of course.

Not sure what week you are thinking of, not sure when Spring break is either,

but I do know the Magic now has a CC Group going the last week of Feb. into the first week of March for 2012...

If that is the right week, you can get those prices. The port & Gov. fees are added into the price, and you get an OBC of$100

Just saying if the week works, you might as well get the perks :D

I am hoping to make that sailing...

Great group of people planning on going with the CC Group,

and I want o be one of them too.

checked it out for you and if you are trying to go the week of 3/11/2012 they are definately treating that as spring break and gouging...the week before and after are about the same as the price you said rccl was charging

Archived