New "Pat Down" Security Line

Paul65

The rumor is absolutely true, this happened to me.

Boarding our NCL cruise last week, the security guard noticed my rather disproportionately large breasts, patted them down (I'd go as far to say "fondled") and made me unbutton my shirt in front of everyone! I was totally embarrassed and humiliated. Some passengers actually had the audacity to whistle.

The guard didn't find anything, grinned and let us through security.

Half way to our cabin my wife turned to me and said,

"Good thing he didn't check the carry on!"

Boarding our NCL cruise last week, the security guard noticed my rather disproportionately large breasts, patted them down (I'd go as far to say "fondled") and made me unbutton my shirt in front of everyone! I was totally embarrassed and humiliated. Some passengers actually had the audacity to whistle.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I wear loose pants to show that it's a leg brace I'm wearing, not a bottle of champagne strapped to my thigh.

Okay. That, to me, would be worth a lawsuit. You can't let your security grope people's breasts in line without a REALLY good reason for it. Totally over the line in my opinion.

Did you at least roll your eyes back in your head and let out a little moan? I mean you might as well share the embarrassment... :D

Don't you just love "rumors"?.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But wouldn't this topic be even more fun if the OP wrote - "I'm just back from "Insert Ship Name of Choice" and they were patting down everyone dressed in heavy over coats. :D

RCI is going to have to get serious about the Rum Runner issue.

Other than those that fill them with alcohol to tide them over for the 7 days they will probably be on board there are other people out there who might find Rum Runners handy to transport more flammable liquids onboard a ship.

So other than catching the people who need their alcohol fix RCI may just find people who have bigger fish to fry than those having a cocktail on their balcony.:eek:

You know after thinking about this and for the reason of national security I think we should make all cruises "El Natural" that way we cannot hide anything and packing for the trip would be a lot less stressful :eek::eek::eek:

Not only that, but think of the money saved on food........as most appetites would be lost!!!:D:eek:

LMAO, thanks for brightening my day !! :)

RCI is going to have to get serious about the Rum Runner issue.

Other than those that fill them with alcohol to tide them over for the 7 days they will probably be on board there are other people out there who might find Rum Runners handy to transport more flammable liquids onboard a ship.

So other than catching the people who need their alcohol fix RCI may just find people who have bigger fish to fry than those having a cocktail on their balcony.:eek:

You are so correct. I really hate it when my husband uses lighter fluid on the nights we decide to grill out on our balcony. Really messes with the taste of our smuggled on steaks.

This is too funny.....everybody is biting over this original Ha-Ha about patting people down. Notice he talks about the cargo pants? This is what has mentioned by a couple of people in the last 24 hours as a way to get your rum runners onboard. I just saw them pat someone down "lightly" recently after they went through security and apparently set off the alarm.

And then a gentleman talks about getting groped coming on the ship and people whistling------>ya right.....just another funny :D

Im in a wheelchair and cant get through their metal detector.........I am use to having the wand waved over me and being "patted down".

I have NOTHING to hide! :)

At least they don't ask you to walk through the metal detector. I had to fly about 4 weeks into my handy dandy toe to hip cast and the TSA's made me stand up so they could wand all the way around me after I told them I could not walk through the scanner. :rolleyes:

Why, is that where you normally keep your breasts? :p

Eh... I have two questions to that...

1) Who does security at the terminal? If it's port security, I doubt they give a damn whether or not you have liquor. The only reason for a pat-down would be a potential security risk (you set off the detector).

2) Assuming you get patted down before boarding the ship, what potential lawsuits do the cruise lines open themselves up to by patting down an individual for alcohol before boarding?

I just don't see it happening.

At the embarkation in U.S. ports, it is the TSA that is in charge of security. And, since there's no prohibition of liquids on ships the way there is on planes, they're really not going to care. If the cruise line chooses to do a secondary screening to get on to the ship, that would be another thing entirely, and would likely slow things down drastically.

So, no.....I don't see it happening either.

At the embarkation in U.S. ports, it is the TSA that is in charge of security. And, since there's no prohibition of liquids on ships the way there is on planes, they're really not going to care. If the cruise line chooses to do a secondary screening to get on to the ship, that would be another thing entirely, and would likely slow things down drastically.

So, no.....I don't see it happening either.

Are you sure that it's TSA doing the embarkation security?

You are so correct. I really hate it when my husband uses lighter fluid on the nights we decide to grill out on our balcony. Really messes with the taste of our smuggled on steaks.

Maybe it is because he is using your underwear as "kindling"?;):p

If this is true, it begs the questions:

- Do Diamond and Diamond+ passengers get priority Pat Downs?

- Do you need to tip the Pat Down Person?

- If the line is too long, will they allow a "self-pat down" option?

We need answers!

Archived