New "Pat Down" Security Line

Paul65

Do they do cavity searches?! If not, that's another option in smuggling rum runners...

Weren't you the one who started the thread about hiding stuff in your cargo shorts? Do we have to blame you for this? :D

I highly doubt they would start "profiling" passengers like this. It's just asking for trouble.

Weren't you the one who started the thread about hiding stuff in your cargo shorts? Do we have to blame you for this? :D

I highly doubt they would start "profiling" passengers like this. It's just asking for trouble.

Lol... I didn't start the thread, but I did mention that I would hide them in my shorts. I'm going to do this on Sunday.

Don't blame me for the cavity searches, lol!!!

Do they do cavity searches?! If not, that's another option in smuggling rum runners...

Are you volunteering your cavities?? :p

Lol... I didn't start the thread, but I did mention that I would hide them in my shorts. I'm going to do this on Sunday.

Don't blame me for the cavity searches, lol!!!

I'm telling!! I'm telling!! :D

We actually had to go through pat-down lines to reboard the Voyager in MoBay a couple years ago, so it's not a new concept. It was not selective, though. Everyone had to go through the line, and I doubt that flasks of booze were the primary things they were checking.

The security in Jamaica is run by Jamaicans. There were reports (complaints?) that only certain individuals were being picked for a pat down by the Jamaican security - mainly young buff men! I think they stopped it but not sure. When you disembark in Jamaica, you have to go through their security to leave and reenter the port area. They do use scanners for your personal articles. This is in addition to the ship security when boarding the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Have fun and let us know how it goes!QUOTE]

All of us got our booze on the ship, via luggage and in pockets.

ALSO, there were a few guards with GLOVES on by the xray machines, NO LIE!!! I was afraid that they were going to call me over, but I kept ignoring them. I got in just fine w/o being searched.

The rumor is absolutely true, this happened to me.

Boarding our NCL cruise last week, the security guard noticed my rather disproportionately large breasts, patted them down (I'd go as far to say "fondled") and made me unbutton my shirt in front of everyone! I was totally embarrassed and humiliated. Some passengers actually had the audacity to whistle.

The guard didn't find anything, grinned and let us through security.

Half way to our cabin my wife turned to me and said,

"Good thing he didn't check the carry on!"

Thanks,

I just spit iced tea all over the laptop!!!!:D:D:D

You brought up some interesting questions to think about.

Eh... I have two questions to that...

1) Who does security at the terminal? If it's port security, I doubt they give a damn whether or not you have liquor. The only reason for a pat-down would be a potential security risk (you set off the detector).

That is what I was thinking. If you are patted down before the cruise, the cruiseline has nothing to do with this. The port's security and the ship's security are two different entities.

2) Assuming you get patted down before boarding the ship, what potential lawsuits do the cruise lines open themselves up to by patting down an individual for alcohol before boarding?

Since the cruise line and the port authority are different I would assume that if someone wants to bring a frivoulous lawsuit they would have to sue the port authorities and not the cruise line.

What do you think?

quote]

You know after thinking about this and for the reason of national security I think we should make all cruises "El Natural" that way we cannot hide anything and packing for the trip would be a lot less stressful :eek::eek::eek:

Another perk - No luggage fee for airline travel!!!!!!

Mike

When getting on a ship I always tell them that I have an artificial knee and they just wand me and let me go. At the airport I have to go thru a different kind of wanding and it is thorough. The only time I was really embarresed was in Kona, Ha. and our plane was waiting on the tarmac and everything is outdoors and the airport security not only fondled my breasts but had me lift my shirt and undo my bra in front of god and everybody!! It was awful!!!. The ships security is very diligent when you tell them you have anything artificial.

RCI is going to have to get serious about the Rum Runner issue.

Other than those that fill them with alcohol to tide them over for the 7 days they will probably be on board there are other people out there who might find Rum Runners handy to transport more flammable liquids onboard a ship.

So other than catching the people who need their alcohol fix RCI may just find people who have bigger fish to fry than those having a cocktail on their balcony.:eek:

Flammable liquids? For what? lol

If it's by the port authority I doubt they're searching for alcohol while I don't think they have much of an interest in that... but hey, who knows! Happy patting!

You know after thinking about this and for the reason of national security I think we should make all cruises "El Natural" that way we cannot hide anything and packing for the trip would be a lot less stressful :eek::eek::eek:

careful what you wish for!

I think it could be extremely stressful, depending on who is line in front of you and whether or not they drop what they are carrying.

:eek:

• 1 year later...
In keeping with their new partnership, the ladies' pat-down line will initially be staffed by Cameron Diaz, and the men's line will be staffed by Mike Myers.

I guess the good looking lady option is out of the question then. :eek:

Rumor has it that RCI will be instituting a pat-down line for passengers suspected of hiding contraband in their clothing. Passengers with unusually bulky clothes or cargo shorts will be directed to these special security lines. This is in response to a rising incident of passengers using the many-pocketed cargo shorts to sneak liquor onboard.

Really Paul.........another rumor from ya?

The rumor is absolutely true, this happened to me.

Boarding our NCL cruise last week, the security guard noticed my rather disproportionately large breasts, patted them down (I'd go as far to say "fondled") and made me unbutton my shirt in front of everyone! I was totally embarrassed and humiliated. Some passengers actually had the audacity to whistle.

The guard didn't find anything, grinned and let us through security.

Half way to our cabin my wife turned to me and said,

"Good thing he didn't check the carry on!"

Thank you Snydermann!!

Your post made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you catch the original post date :confused:

###

OHHhhh!! SHame Shame Shame on me!!!!!:D

And I have cruise at least 8 times since August 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never ever saw any one get the pat down!!

I'll sign off for a while as self punishment

Archived