New "Pat Down" Security Line

Paul65

Rumor has it that RCI will be instituting a pat-down line for passengers suspected of hiding contraband in their clothing. Passengers with unusually bulky clothes or cargo shorts will be directed to these special security lines. This is in response to a rising incident of passengers using the many-pocketed cargo shorts to sneak liquor onboard.

Rumor has it that RCI will be instituting a pat-down line for passengers suspected of hiding contraband in their clothing. Passengers with unusually bulky clothes or cargo shorts will be directed to these special security lines. This is in response to a rising incident of passengers using the many-pocketed cargo shorts to sneak liquor onboard.

They have been doing it at many sporting arenas for years.

Is this thread in response to the Rum Runners thread???

Where did you hear this rumor?

I just hope that she is a really good look lady.... :D

In keeping with their new partnership, the ladies' pat-down line will initially be staffed by Cameron Diaz, and the men's line will be staffed by Mike Myers.

Eh... I have two questions to that...

1) Who does security at the terminal? If it's port security, I doubt they give a damn whether or not you have liquor. The only reason for a pat-down would be a potential security risk (you set off the detector).

2) Assuming you get patted down before boarding the ship, what potential lawsuits do the cruise lines open themselves up to by patting down an individual for alcohol before boarding?

I just don't see it happening.

Regarding who does security and whether they care about liquor:

I never brought liquor onboard RCI, but when boarding a Carnival ship, which allowed one wine bottle per person, the initial port security check saw my two bottles in my carry on and wanted to have me point out the second person (my wife), so they cared.

We actually had to go through pat-down lines to reboard the Voyager in MoBay a couple years ago, so it's not a new concept. It was not selective, though. Everyone had to go through the line, and I doubt that flasks of booze were the primary things they were checking.

You know after thinking about this and for the reason of national security I think we should make all cruises "El Natural" that way we cannot hide anything and packing for the trip would be a lot less stressful :eek::eek::eek:

Who is going to be squezing the Booze Bra? http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/02/booze-bra-hides/

Love my cocktails, but just could never, ever, ever [lmao] see myself being this desperate! What an UGLY bra!! :D:p

btw, the patdown at mobay...wasnt that right after the CCL incident? RCI was covering themselves, I doubt booze smuggling was on their minds.

You know after thinking about this and for the reason of national security I think we should make all cruises "El Natural" that way we cannot hide anything and packing for the trip would be a lot less stressful :eek::eek::eek:

There was a thread about that not so long ago! Check the alternative cruising boards! hahaha. The topic of discussion was actually, does the ship disinfect seating areas after nudist cruises! Now ya can ":eek:"! lol

Love my cocktails, but just could never, ever, ever [lmao] see myself being this desperate! What an UGLY bra!! :D:p

btw, the patdown at mobay...wasnt that right after the CCL incident? RCI was covering themselves, I doubt booze smuggling was on their minds.

What was "the CCL incident"?

Archived