What types of milk?

acceber32

This might be a silly question but I have searched and searched for the answer and can't find it. What types of milk does Carnival serve? Specifically, I need to make sure that they have whole milk for my DS (who will be 17 months at the time of our cruise). I know they have many kids cruise all the time and I am over thinking things but this is the first vacation we will be taking him on and I don't want to forget something we need for him. I looked at the menus and only saw 2% and skim listed. Thanks!

From Carnival:

The following milk is available on board:

2%

Skim Milk

Chocolate Milk

Plain Soy Milk

Lactose-Free Milk

:)

YIKES!!

No "whole milk" listed there :eek: - I guess I am wrong, OP. But I really thought I saw it when we were on the Dream.

Sorry :o!!

2% should be fine for a 17month old for a short duration - if it needs to be a "creamier" consistency then just add some of the non-flavored coffee creamers to it

I don't remember if they are tru half n half or the non-dairy kind (maybe they have both) - but either way it will make the milk "creamier"

. . . I guess I am wrong, OP. But I really thought I saw it when we were on the Dream.

Sorry :o!!

There's a good chance you did. We had whole milk onboard for the 9-nt sailing last December (we took on a shipment of milk in St. Thomas).

There was also whole milk available on Carnival Destiny this past May.

2% really will be just fine for a 17 month old for a few days! My daughter's ped actually advised us to skip whole milk altogether and give her 2% from the start since our families have histories of heart disease. Since toddlers need healthy fat in their diet, we supplemented with avocados as snacks 3-4x a week (avocados have healthy fat that is great for brain development without the sodium that comes with whole milk). She loved the avocados so it worked out nicely for us. Then we realized she constantly had diaper rash for several months, so we removed all milk proteins from her diet and it cleared right up. She's been drinking alternative milks ever since so I'm glad to know that soy will be available.

Dieticians and most physicians consider "whole" milk unhealthy as it is excessively fat laden. They feel 2% is what average folks should be consuming. Some states actually prohibit restaurants from serving whole milk.

Doc

From Carnival:

The following milk is available on board:

2%

Skim Milk

Chocolate Milk

Plain Soy Milk

Lactose-Free Milk

From Reality

This week on Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Elation, the milk choices are:

Whole white

2% Low-fat white

Low-fat chocolate

Skim

Lactose-free is available if requested in advance of sailing as a special dietary restriction. They'll sometimes have it regardless, but never guaranteed.

(Was going to upload a picture of the selction this week, but spending time doing so on Mexican wifi wasn't in the cards) :)

A Happy Dairy Bon Voyage to all!!!

From Reality

This week on Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Elation, the milk choices are:

Whole white

2% Low-fat white

Low-fat chocolate

Skim

Lactose-free is available if requested in advance of sailing as a special dietary restriction. They'll sometimes have it regardless, but never guaranteed.

(Was going to upload a picture of the selction this week, but spending time doing so on Mexican wifi wasn't in the cards) :)

A Happy Dairy Bon Voyage to all!!!

I realize that it can be different for ship to ship. But....thanks - for confirming that I am not totally crazy ;)

Archived