Announcements on Board

SanderMC

Hi all, I am brand new to the board and I am hoping someone can answer my question for me. I have gone on quite a few cruises myself but have never experienced a Royal Caribbean Cruise. I am doing research for my honeymoon next May and one of the possible cruises is on Royal Caribbean.

I have heard that there are a lot of announcements that occur throughout the day on this line. Is that true? I have also heard that these announcements are piped into your staterooms. Is this true? And if it is, is there a way to turn the annoucements off?

Thanks!

Hi all, I am brand new to the board and I am hoping someone can answer my question for me. I have gone on quite a few cruises myself but have never experienced a Royal Caribbean Cruise. I am doing research for my honeymoon next May and one of the possible cruises is on Royal Caribbean.

I have heard that there are a lot of announcements that occur throughout the day on this line. Is that true? I have also heard that these announcements are piped into your staterooms. Is this true? And if it is, is there a way to turn the annoucements off?

Thanks!

When in Port there are generally announcements about disembarking and then when the ship leaves port there are (sometimes) several announcements. If you have a sea day there are generally a few more. Some areas are "louder" than others and depending on the ship.

As to turning it off in your stateroom... yes, with the exception that on boarding day you cannot turn off the "Muster Drill" announcements and then if there is any emergency that/those announcements will come in your stateroom.

You're somewhat correct. IMO there are a fair number of announcements throughout the day on RCI, however it is normally only the Captain's or emergency messages that are piped into the cabins. It's never been a problem for us. By comparison, Carnival is way over the top and Celebrity hardly has any at all.

Thanks everyone for their replies, the information really helps. :)

Twoputt.plusone - Thank you for the comparisons! I'm normally a Celebrity girl so that comparison really helps!

Whichever cruiseline you chose, I'm sure you'll have a great honeymoon and all the best on your upcoming marriage. :)

Their is a dial near the door that has a speaker logo on it..However is it just the (many) cabins we've been and there all not working, cause I turn it up as loud as it will go but we can only hear the first day muster announcement loud and clear from then on we cannot ever hear the Captains noon briefing when in our cabin..have to open the door...to hear that "we're at sea, weather is mild" etc. etc. :confused:

Archived