Eggs (poached, scrambled, over easy)

Bacon

Fruit Plate

Bagles and Lox

Juices, milk

Tea, coffee

Muffins/toasts

Grapefruit

Keep in mind though, you can tell your butler you want something else. I always ask mine for chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry pancakes, waffles, ect. He says if it isn't on the card, write it down and he will have it made. We eat breakfast on our balcony everyday.

thank you all! although, it appears there's not specifically a suite breakfast menu, ala Concierge Class? I already knew the "right it in, and it will come" trick, lol.... :) Wondering as well how I order my capuccinos that come with the suite perks...would rather like to have 2-3 of them for breakfast! :)

Jeff

thank you all! although, it appears there's not specifically a suite breakfast menu, ala Concierge Class? I already knew the "right it in, and it will come" trick, lol.... :) Wondering as well how I order my capuccinos that come with the suite perks...would rather like to have 2-3 of them for breakfast! :)

Jeff

Every morning we had the butler come early and take our travel mugs we had brought from home and he would return fifteen minutes later with our lattes. We loved drinking them on the veranda and then would either go get breakfast or have our breakfast brought in a half hour later. That worked well for us and waking up to a latte each day was splendid.

Fern

Jeff

Jeff

We have battled with ordering the suite breakfast for some time because, although we always get everything we want we often get more [which is wasteful] and, often, everything is on a separate plate [again wasteful]. This time we are going to try just writing our order on "post-it notes" and sticking it to the menu card.

IMHO it would be so easy to redesign the menu card so that you can make it clear what each individual wants.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Does your butler bring the breakfast or does someone else?

Do you tip your butler each time? We were hoping to give him/her a tip on the first and and on the last day, but wish to know what others consider proper/appropriate.

Thanks.

My Favorite... Crepes with Fresh fruit and a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream! :) Ice Cream is so much better than Whipped Cream. Its a little indulgent, but its a Vacation! ! ! :)

This picture is not from a Cruise... but I am hoping they can accommodate my request for breakfast while I am in my suite :cool:

3936540664_c2b758afcd.jpg

Do you tip your butler each time? We were hoping to give him/her a tip on the first and and on the last day, but wish to know what others consider proper/appropriate.

Thanks.

It is NOT necessary to tip your butler on the first day of the cruise. Some of them might find it insulting. On celebrity, your suggested gratuities are either prepaid if you have Select Dining, or your suggested gratuities are automatically added, on a daily basis, to your SeaPass account.

We always tip our butler extra on the last day of the cruise, over and above the amount that they will get from the prepaid gratuities.

Hypo

Thanks.

Your butler will bring your breakfast. Whenever your butler delivers room service you would NOT tip at the time.

There are two schools of thought about whether or not you should tip your butler on the first day. Some butlers would see it as insulting or tacky as another poster has mentioned while others would see it as a sign that you do not intend to limit your tips to the basic.

Sue

Does the butler generally deliver room service? I had read that it is usually delivered by someone else, in which case you would tip them ($1 or $2?).

Not sure about tipping the butler up front...would like to hear other opinions on how that has worked out from others.

Does the butler generally deliver room service? I had read that it is usually delivered by someone else, in which case you would tip them ($1 or $2?).

Like most things: it depends! In our experience, almost certainly, if you ask your butler to bring something, it will be him. Usually, if you call room service, it will be delivered by room service. There will be a period each day when your butler is off duty and, occasionally, he will have a port day off the ship.

Sue

Yes, both on Eclipse and Equinox I asked one day if it would be possible for me to have these and he obliged - only problem was the number he brought :)

On both these days they were port days and we were not joining an organised excursion, so we asked for breakfast about an hour after most of those going ashore for an excursion would have asked for their breakfast. If it had been a peak time I would not have made the special request

Thanks all for the responses. I did get a suite breakfast card and brought it home with me....just gotta scan it now!

We "wrote" things in nearly every day. For me, Eggs Benedict every day, which I love! Mom varied between waffles and pancakes with syrup (don't forget to write in syrup!!) and as others have noted...the quantities they actually deliver can be wild! lol.... I also wrote in a cappuccino which our butler went down to Cova to get (aka, no cost to me) every morning as well.

I tipped our butler Rikki $2 every morning when he brought breakfast and arranged it on the table, on which there was a white tablecloth. He attempted to refuse it but I insisted and articulated that it was my way of saying thank you for going "above and beyond". So he was good with that! :) We also gave him some additional bonus money at the end of the cruise as well. Great experience. Has been a few years since I sailed a suite on X but it was every bit as good now as previously. He helped us with our Celebrity Select nightly dining reservation as well, got my shoes shined, took care of our clothes cleaning issues, etc.

Jeff

Thanks all for the responses. I did get a suite breakfast card and brought it home with me....just gotta scan it now!

We "wrote" things in nearly every day. For me, Eggs Benedict every day, which I love! Mom varied between waffles and pancakes with syrup (don't forget to write in syrup!!) and as others have noted...the quantities they actually deliver can be wild! lol.... I also wrote in a cappuccino which our butler went down to Cova to get (aka, no cost to me) every morning as well.

I tipped our butler Rikki $2 every morning when he brought breakfast and arranged it on the table, on which there was a white tablecloth. He attempted to refuse it but I insisted and articulated that it was my way of saying thank you for going "above and beyond". So he was good with that! :) We also gave him some additional bonus money at the end of the cruise as well. Great experience. Has been a few years since I sailed a suite on X but it was every bit as good now as previously. He helped us with our Celebrity Select nightly dining reservation as well, got my shoes shined, took care of our clothes cleaning issues, etc.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I would be interested to hear more about your recent "suite" experience on Summit as we will be in SS6145 in December. Could you elaborate on a) condition of your suite b) suite # c) food overall and lastly, d) what other services did the butler provide (i.e. arrange tours of the ship).

Thanks so much.

Archived