No more price drops for me!

trvlqueen

Well, our early saver story this time around is a lot different than last time around - we did get one price drop of about $60 pp on one of the two cabins we booked, but since that drop, the cabin price has gone up, and up, and up!

But that makes me happy - because early saver did for us exactly what it was supposed to do - it guaranteed us the lowest rate for our cabin category for that sailing. Right now, the inside cabins are going for only about $90 less than we paid for our 8C balcony cabin - so I have nothing to complain about and am looking forward to a fantastic cruise (plus, the price drop we did get almost pays for the gratuities for 2 of us for the week). :)

The second cabin category is sold out - so no price drops there either ... so, I guess we do things the 'old fashioned' way and pay for our dods and photos with this strange thing called money instead of OBC this time. ;)

Not complaining - just saying - it worked exactly right - looks like for Carnival as well as for us this time. We'll book es again and yes, I'll keep haunting their website 'just in case', but given that our 8C now costs $379 more than we booked it for, well ....

I have 3 under ES. So far no price reductions but I'm glad we got a good deals. These cruises continue to go up. My Triumph was booked to late for ES, but that one has increased too. One is a 100 more for 1a that we booked on Elation. 50 higher on Triumph. 60 and 80 higher on Fascination.

We did good, I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree I LOVE Early Saver! I booked a November cruise last May. Saw 3 price drops in June, for a total of $120.00. Since then the price has gone up & up & up, and is now $200.00 more than we paid, so we've "saved" $320.00! Since we normally book 6 months to a year out (DH's job is scheduled sometimes a year in advance), I'll definitely use ES again. :D

Well, our early saver story this time around is a lot different than last time around - we did get one price drop of about $60 pp on one of the two cabins we booked, but since that drop, the cabin price has gone up, and up, and up!

But that makes me happy - because early saver did for us exactly what it was supposed to do - it guaranteed us the lowest rate for our cabin category for that sailing. Right now, the inside cabins are going for only about $90 less than we paid for our 8C balcony cabin - so I have nothing to complain about and am looking forward to a fantastic cruise (plus, the price drop we did get almost pays for the gratuities for 2 of us for the week). :)

The second cabin category is sold out - so no price drops there either ... so, I guess we do things the 'old fashioned' way and pay for our dods and photos with this strange thing called money instead of OBC this time. ;)

Not complaining - just saying - it worked exactly right - looks like for Carnival as well as for us this time. We'll book es again and yes, I'll keep haunting their website 'just in case', but given that our 8C now costs $379 more than we booked it for, well ....

Same for us! Keeps going up and up! I check every day! Thinking we won't get any price drops because we got such a good price..but you never know!

We've receive our first price drop which paid for our gratuities! I really didn't think we would get any since we booked a suite (our first time!) for a really good price. I've looked at some of the other prices for around when we cruise, and we may get another. <crossing fingers> I love early saver!!!!

-Danny

We have never had a price drop, and if it did drop, it would have to be more than $75.00 as it costs us $25.00 to change it. I don't even know if we would do it just to get $50.00 - not worth the hassle. :cool:

Why would you have a $25 fee?

We booked a Cove balcony (7C) and one inside (4C) on the ES program and the price has only gone up, plus there is only 4 coves left and the 4C is sold out! This is for the Dream sailing on Feb. 26th - no chance at all in getting OBCs.....oh well.

Why would you have a $25 fee?

Some travel agents charge fees to change bookings.

Mine does after final payment- I think the fee is $50!! (It might not be though...) I would not have booked through them instead of carnival directly due to this, except I was able to use credit card points to get a signifigant discount on the cruise. To me that counterbalances the fee to do a price drop.

Mine does after final payment- I think the fee is $50!! (It might not be though...) I would not have booked through them instead of carnival directly due to this, except I was able to use credit card points to get a signifigant discount on the cruise. To me that counterbalances the fee to do a price drop.

I'm not sure that requesting OBC for a price drop when you have booked ES is really considered a change to your booking. You don't change anything, your TA simply fills out a form and sends it in for you to receive your OBC.

You might check with them - you're not really changing the booking - just taking advantage of Carnival's lower price offer - and since they booked you early saver, you shouldn't have to take the penalty without the reward! Hardly seems fair ... it's a 5 minute deal for them to fill out a form and then Carnival does all the work - you watch the price and let the ta know when the price drops and they'll do the form. My TA also charges a change fee, but they gladly submitted my ES form and there was no charge.

Yeah, we booked our cruise months ago...I off and on kept an eye on our room category but never saw it drop, only go up and up and up. But we are in a spa level room. We briefly thought about upgrading but all the spa rooms at higher levels have long been sold out. Ah well!

We booked an aft wrap a long time ago for $859 pp for our Freedom cruise. It has now stayed at $979. So, while we won't get any OBC, I am thrilled at the price we paid. Shoot, we've paid more than that for a regular ole balcony before.

Although, there are two aft wraps still unsold, so I do check occasionally for price drops. Okay, not occasionally, daily. Well, maybe hourly. Okay, okay, I keep it open and just keep hitting refresh on my computer.;)

Yeah, we booked our cruise months ago...I off and on kept an eye on our room category but never saw it drop, only go up and up and up. But we are in a spa level room. We briefly thought about upgrading but all the spa rooms at higher levels have long been sold out. Ah well!

We are in a Spa level room too..We got out room at a great price so I'm not expecting any price drops...I keep checking every day though...kinda a morning ritual :D

You might check with them - you're not really changing the booking - just taking advantage of Carnival's lower price offer - and since they booked you early saver, you shouldn't have to take the penalty without the reward! Hardly seems fair ... it's a 5 minute deal for them to fill out a form and then Carnival does all the work - you watch the price and let the ta know when the price drops and they'll do the form. My TA also charges a change fee, but they gladly submitted my ES form and there was no charge.

Some TAs charge a change fee, since something like ES rates will result in a lower commission if the price drops, especially after final, if the cruise line sends the commission out quickly.

Many TAs don't charge for changes (and that includes price drops). Some do.

Archived