Cruise Rewards As Partial Payment On 4-Day Cruises?

Pszaffveauhraunne

I understand that the $250 Cruise Rewards can only be used as deposit to hold the room on 6 day or longer cruises, but is it possible to apply the $250 towards payment of a shorter cruise (i.e.: 4 days on the Sky)? If I choose to make a full payment on the entire cruise at the time of booking, will they let me apply $250 towards the payment?

Thanks!

I just read the terms and conditions and it is silent about the issue.

Well, if by silent you mean they don't say you "can't" use them for a zillion hypothetical things to which they don't apply, I guess that's true. But the express terms and conditions (link below) are very clear. Their name is "Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit." (emphasis added.) And this is what NCL says you can do with them:

"Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas." (emaphasis added)

http://www2.ncl.com/popup/cruise_rewards_terms

New to NCL. What are cruise rewards?

You buy a certificate onboard for $250 and receive an immediate $100 OBC. Then you may use the certficate as the full deposit on any cruise of 6 days or longer. You have 4 years to book the cruise and the certificates are transferable.

You buy a certificate onboard for $250 and receive an immediate $100 OBC. Then you may use the certficate as the full deposit on any cruise of 6 days or longer. You have 4 years to book the cruise and the certificates are transferable.

Thanks! Sounds like a good deal to us. We cruise once a year and if we like NCL then we will be looking at this deal.

I'm sure there have been many discussions about this, but when we bought ours in February '09, our conditions were 24 months to book and 30 months to take a cruise. If it is now 48 months, that is great.

Thanks! Sounds like a good deal to us. We cruise once a year and if we like NCL then we will be looking at this deal.

It's a great deal, and just so you are clear: you pay $250 on board for it, and even though you get an immediate OBC of $100 on that cruise, when you later use it for the deposit on a future cruise, the amount of the deposit for which you are credited is $250. (And that holds the deposit for the full cabin [the exceptions being the higher level suites as noted], no need for a per person deposit.)

As yes, hawaiilvr, you now have 4 years from the date of purchase to get on a cruise. (Not just book a cruise within that period, but step on board.) :)

I understand that the $250 Cruise Rewards can only be used as deposit to hold the room on 6 day or longer cruises, but is it possible to apply the $250 towards payment of a shorter cruise (i.e.: 4 days on the Sky)? If I choose to make a full payment on the entire cruise at the time of booking, will they let me apply $250 towards the payment?

Thanks!

The terms and conditions all refer to "deposit" we have also tried to use it as partial payment but they will not allow. I think they did in the early days.

The terms and conditions all refer to "deposit" we have also tried to use it as partial payment but they will not allow. I think they did in the early days.

In the past we were allowed to use the certificates for 1 and 2 night cruises........which really made them a great deal. They have changed this now...:(

You can use cruise rewards as partial-payment toward any cruise if you choose not to utilize it as a deposit.

I booked a last-minute trip to Europe last summer with mine that way.

That was last year but some of the rules about the certificates changed this year, and that is probably one of them.

As a follow up: out of curiosity I called the NCL booking desk and was told that it would be no problem using the Cruise Rewards on the 4-day sailings. They even let me use it to hold the cabin with no other money down, and apply the $250 towards the cost.

I even mentioned that the rules expressly state that it only applies to 6-day or longer cruises, but they didn't seem phased. The agent even said that she'd had an earlier customer use it for a 1-nighter.

So, who can say :rolleyes: All I know is that I've got a confirmation number, final price, and assigned cabin without having to shell out a penny until next February!

Archived