When do you plan on going on the Freedom??

PH8

When are you hoping to go??  

478 members have voted

1. 1. When are you hoping to go??

• Inaugural
    • between the first and third months
    • between the third and sixth month
    • between the sixth and 12th month
    • I'm gonna wait a year or so............

12/03/2006 --- 1 Year, 9 Months and a day.....

Kinks should all be worked out within 6 mos or less I would hope. After all, they will need a sizeable crew that knows what they're doing --*lol*

I believe that no matter what the price is right now, we'll be able to apply discount coupons from RCCL as well as other discounts for C&A membership.

No need to wait if you know when you want to go. I mean, the itinerary is set. Western. The port is Miami. What else ??)

Happy Friday,

There are a lot of Freedom Boards and not sure if I am even posting to the right one anymore. If I am not let me know so I can find my 2nd home. The original Freedom thread is 1st. I plan to copy and paste this message, as I will only be repeating myself with trying to find the official Inaugural and/or June 4th sailing boards. So forgive me for the having to read and re-read. Just point me in the right direction.

I have been out of loop for a few days as our grand daughter ~ Hannah Alexis ~ was born on Monday @ 8:18 am. I am driving back to Macon tomorrow to stay a few more days. I wanted to catch up on the reading. Just not sure where to start since there are so many new Freedom Boards and some appear to be abandoned.

So fellow Inaugural sailors, which cabins did you reserve? We were able to book JS AFT 1406 for the Inaugural sailing. But, we will need to do another cruise before then. There is no way I can wait for an entire year to get a fix. lol We are just limited on the timing, since we have another grandchild due in Aug. 22.

Time to buy new fishing gear for the Celebration. 7 days just doesn’t seem long enough, does it?

Have A Great Weekend,

Cindy and Troy from Savannah, GA

• 3 weeks later...

More cruise passengers, fewer available cabins, higher prices:

With no new cruise ships entering service this year and more Americans travelling, clients in the Caribbean will feel the effects of the limited number of cabins available and higher prices, according to Director of Sales José Morales at A&A Tours, the exclusive agent for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises in the Caribbean and Puerto Rico.

“It is going to be a seller’s market,” said Morales. During the period 2000 to 2004 it was the other way around, it was basically a buyer’s market with many Americans staying home after 9-11 and many new cruise ships coming out of the dry docks, some 60 in total for all lines.

The low demand from 2000 to 2004 was good for people in the Caribbean who could travel cheaply on cruise ships. The tide has turned, however, with Americans again boarding cruise ships, and planes for that matter. Clients will already have noticed that prices have gone up.

According to Morales, the result will be a seller’s market – high demand and higher prices – at least until 2006, when construction of new vessels will have finished, including Royal Caribbean’s newest Freedom of the Seas. He advised clients, as well as travel agents in St. Maarten who visited Adventure of the Seas last Friday, to book early.

Freedom of the Seas

Pre-sales started at the end of February for Freedom of the Seas, which should be ready by March 2006. Freedom of the Seas, an Ultra-Voyager class ship, will be the largest in the world, weighing 158,000 gross tonnes, 184 feet wide, 1,112 feet wide and accommodating 3,600 guests based on double occupancy. The ship will have 1,800 guest staterooms, some of largest in the industry. Balconies will also be among the most spacious. Cost of the new ship: some US $875 million.

Freedom of the Seas will be stationed in Miami and have seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Royal Caribbean will be constructing two more cruise ships that will be ready in 2007 and 2008. Morales said he was hopeful one of those two would have San Juan as its home port. Puerto Rico is already home port for several ships, including Adventure of the Seas, which sails the Caribbean year ’round.

The only extra cabins later this year will be the additional 151 staterooms on Enchantment of the Seas, which will be undergoing a major remodelling shortly. The vessel will make its last sailing April 30, when it is going into the dry dock in the Netherlands until the beginning of July to have a section inserted. After the insertion, which will literally involve cutting the ship in two, it will not only have 151 additional cabins, but also a renovated pool area and sports deck.

Booked with my TA today for November 26th, I really wanted the sailing for our anniversary on September 24th but I am afraid to chance the hurricane season.We are sailing for my birthday instead.

hello

We are going during Oct . This seems to be the best pricing with the end of hurricane season. I dont really care for Western vs Eastern but it will be interesting. Im concerned of cancellations when ships first start out and also working the bugs out. Im also concerned of travel warnings with Haiti. If this is not the spectacular ship they are trying to market blindfolding us, I will cancel and find a better ports.

Caribbean Hurricane Season is pretty wide, from June through November; that's for the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico ... We've sailed the week of Halloween and had rough seas as well as dreary days, so only time will tell if this coming year will be an active one or not. I think Aruba is one of the places that is "out" of any hurrucaine belt and any severe storn would be quite rare indeed.

Archived