Is there a morgue onboard?

obmarcr

People die at sea every week.

Yes, there are morgues on board.

On the Legend, they use the urns.

Ahah ! ! Now I know why Carnival has those urns everywhere on the LEGEND. :)They must be expecting a collision at sea or something . . . so many urns . . . so many people. :D

On the Triumph the morgue is next to the Brig.

Behind the Scenes tour is normally is done on the last seaday of the cruise. It is limited to two groups of 16 in each group. It sells out quickly so you want to book it as soon as you get on the ship. Prices range from either $55 or $95 depending on the sailing. It does involve a whole lot of walking and climbing stairs. Tours last around 3 to 3.5 hrs.

Dave

I did that tour on Miracle. They don't show you the morgue but they are willing to discuss it. There is also a brig, where you may end up if you have too much fun and don't die. Basically it is a crew cabin with a door that does not open from the inside.

I once read an article by a person who was employed as a piano player on a cruise ship, and his cabin was next to the morgue. Good place if you ask me... neighbors are usually quiet.

And WHAT do you do if they're NOT quiet????:eek::eek::D

On the Triumph the morgue is next to the Brig.

Behind the Scenes tour is normally is done on the last seaday of the cruise. It is limited to two groups of 16 in each group. It sells out quickly so you want to book it as soon as you get on the ship. Prices range from either $55 or $95 depending on the sailing. It does involve a whole lot of walking and climbing stairs. Tours last around 3 to 3.5 hrs.

Dave

Where do you book it at?????

Heck, if I die on a cruise ship, just stick some flowers in my butt and throw me overboard. That would be a very inexpensive funeral.

And then, please find my husband a very sweet but pretty blonde. I wouldn't want him to be lonely. My only requirement is that she's nice to the kids.

my sentiments exactly!!! and my only requirement as well....they even have my blessing to call her mom....and DH should remarry asap...the kids still need 2 parents!!!

Heck, if I die on a cruise ship, just stick some flowers in my butt and throw me overboard. That would be a very inexpensive funeral.

And then, please find my husband a very sweet but pretty blonde. I wouldn't want him to be lonely. My only requirement is that she's nice to the kids.

Hey we can get some flowers in the d;)ining room!!!! But remember we have the party to celebrate your life on the Lido deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once he pays the bar bill he is on his own!! Sorry not into finding the girlfriend that will work!!!

Hey we can get some flowers in the d;)ining room!!!! But remember we have the party to celebrate your life on the Lido deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once he pays the bar bill he is on his own!! Sorry not into finding the girlfriend that will work!!!

Oh yes, have a HUGE party! That's how I want to go out, with a splash in the ocean and the clinking of glasses.

Oh, and to the person who wants to be up on the Lido - wouldn't that make you the ultimate chair hog?

Oh yes, have a HUGE party! That's how I want to go out, with a splash in the ocean and the clinking of glasses.

Oh, and to the person who wants to be up on the Lido - wouldn't that make you the ultimate chair hog?

Hey Chair Hogs not invited!!!!So the rest of us can be the hogs on CHAIRS!!!!!!:p We are celebrating and have rights!!:cool:

There is definitely a morgue on all ships. I knew of it, but it was confirmed when I'd taken the BTF tour on the conquest. There was also a jail across from the morgue.

I don't know, I think they should just combine the brig and the morgue...throw a troublemaker in there with a dead body, I guarantee that person would think twice before misbehaving again!

Oh no. The person who stays in their chair isn't a chair hog, so I don't think they would qualify. Now, if they got up and wandered off, that's another thing entirely..................................:eek:

You know that Carnival DOES offer complimentary burials at sea as part of your cruise?

No, someone who dies on the same cruise is not eligible because of various legalities not to mention the fact that they must be cremated beforehand and the ship has no crematory. But just give it time. Gauging by the rate at which the cruise industry is going, a floating crematory is not far off.

But I digress. To bury a loved one at sea, simply creamate them, and then request permission to have the ceremony.

Carnival's staff will rope off the lowest aft deck and you will have all the time you need to say goodbye before you throw the container of ashes into the deep blue.

Some of you on here are so funny, LOL! At least you are writing about yourselves and how you want to leave this world!

Thanks for the info though!.

Unfortunetely we will all face it one day. It is not something you can run from.

Dave

You know that Carnival DOES offer complimentary burials at sea as part of your cruise?

No, someone who dies on the same cruise is not eligible because of various legalities not to mention the fact that they must be cremated beforehand and the ship has no crematory. But just give it time. Gauging by the rate at which the cruise industry is going, a floating crematory is not far off.

But I digress. To bury a loved one at sea, simply creamate them, and then request permission to have the ceremony.

Carnival's staff will rope off the lowest aft deck and you will have all the time you need to say goodbye before you throw the container of ashes into the deep blue.

Salty dingo,

Know of a family that did this and Carnival was wonderful to the family! It was very private, the Captain stayed with the family the entire time and the ships Chaplin was there to assist and comfort the family. The family was extremely pleased and did what their love one wanted.