Flynlo

No Children Allowed in Steakhouse  

701 members have voted

1. 1. No Children Allowed in Steakhouse

• No Children Allowed in Steakhouse
    • Yes Children are OK
    • I Could Care Less
    • Keep Them out of the Steakhouse and Chefs Table

As a parent, I would not subject my daughter to something she would not enjoy and a nice intimate restaurant would not have been for her. Maybe a Chucky Cheese or McDonalds would be a great addition for the cruiseline :). My daughters enjoyment always came before mine.

As a parent, I would not subject my daughter to something she would not enjoy and a nice intimate restaurant would not have been for her. Maybe a Chucky Cheese or McDonalds would be a great addition for the cruiseline :). My daughters enjoyment always came before mine.

Well by most guidelines here in this thread my 13 year old daughter who just enjoyed the steakhouse very much, and we enjoyed treating her to a special dinner would not have been able to go as she doesn't drive and she isn't an adult

Well by most guidelines here in this thread my 13 year old daughter who just enjoyed the steakhouse very much, and we enjoyed treating her to a special dinner would not have been able to go as she doesn't drive and she isn't an adult

I was thinking more like a toddler or pre-schooler.

How many of you people out there believe as I do. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN STEAKHOUSE! They ruin the fine dining experience for many. Send them to the buffet or elsewhere.

Well I don't know about that but this gives me a great idea.....I think we need to book the steakhouse with our children and then tell them to irritate the first person that gives us a hard look about having them there to begin with.....this should be really fun.

:) I respect your decision. My parent's spent at least 10 years of their life doing little kid friendly stuff just for me. We spent every child hood vacay looking for McDonald's (collectible toys in child menu), Shoney's (they had a child buffet - at least for breakfast) and a hotel with a pool. That use to be difficult to find.... I thank them for that decision. I hope that I have returned the favor in my adult life to treating them to adult dinners and vacays.

How many of you people out there believe as I do. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN STEAKHOUSE! They ruin the fine dining experience for many. Send them to the buffet or elsewhere.

I think if someone pays for their children, they should be allowed to go. I would not take mine, but that is b/c I have 3. That would $150.00 and I know they would pick around the food. I think not allowing children would be a really bad idea....just my opinion.

I suppose you could also have a poll and thread out here, "No Smoking Allowed on Balconies". This is more fantasy from people wanting to change rules of their favorite cruise lines. Kids ARE allowed in the steakhouse. There are may ways to avoid kids and get fine dining on a cruise. Most of those ways start with taking a cruise on a cruise line which is not so kid and family friendly.

I would love to go on the next cruise with the original poster and bring my infant and 3 year old to the steakhouse. In fact, I would love to sit right next to the....again I wonder if the OP has any kids of their own or were neglected as such when young. Pathetic I say...if you don't think kids are entitled than than charter your own boat. Last I checked kids pay to go on Cruises, so they get the same benefits!

As someone who chose to not to have children due to the several reasons (monetary, personal, genetics), I do not choose to go where families gather BUT as a step-grandmother and step-great-grandmother, I want to enjoy their company. Babies are babies, they cry. The only "kids" I have a problem with are smart-axx teenagers and usually they are pretty well behaved.

This is a sad thread, some people do not realize what words have a heavy impact. You have no idea who reads these boards, or there situation. I wish I had my daughter around to enjoy a meal with her. I understand if you choose not too have children, or do not wish to be around them I understand. The problem I have is the statements make an impact for somebody. I am not trying to bash anyones thoughts or there ideas. Please think about who you may hurt with words that are used. I dont mind eating with children in any enviroment, but if they get out of hand then it is the parents responsibility to take them out and deal with them. My vent about this is over. Jo

I don't have a problem with well behaved kids in the steakhouse, but I think that the $30 per person should be enforced regardless of age; if you want to bring a picnic lunch along, that's fine, but you'd still be charged the $30. If my hubby & I went to the steakhouse and I wasn't hungry and just wanted to sit with him for company while he enjoyed his meal (okay- yes, I'd probably order some wine), I would be refused, unless $30 was paid for myself as well.....

Poll results are what I expected. No Children in Steakhouse coming soon to a Carnival Ship near you. :D

If I were you I'd book a table at Ruth's Chris.

There's no way that this poll is gonna convince Carnival to make the steakhouse adults only.

Sorry.

:)

Well I don't know about that but this gives me a great idea.....I think we need to book the steakhouse with our children and then tell them to irritate the first person that gives us a hard look about having them there to begin with.....this should be really fun.

And allowing your children to misbehave and ruin someone's dinner proves the OP wrong how?

It's that attitude that kids can do whatever they want wherever they are that causes folks to want to bar them from the steakhouse.

I agree with others who suggest ALL sitting in the steakhouse should be charged the $30. Till every seat costs $30 and there are no picniking children, parents have no paid for right (since "I paid for my child" is often a response) to be mad that folks complain about unruly children. I also think parents would rethink whether a kid with a limited attention span would be happy there if they have to pay and you'd end up with mainly the well behaved kids who enjoy grownup food.

I've thought about this for a while. Apparently a large number of cruise critic posters were never children - they must have been hatched at about age 30!!

Personally, I think you can spend a lot of time worrying about what other people are doing, or you can spend a lot of time having fun and enjoying your vacation. Yes, some children get on my nerves, BUT there are also some adults who get on my nerves - so maybe we need to start a poll that counts how many adults we would have excluded from our cruise space??

Just a thought. Why don't we leave the children alone - if someone gets into your space and makes you uncomfortable - move to another space!

I've thought about this for a while. Apparently a large number of cruise critic posters were never children - they must have been hatched at about age 30!!

Personally, I think you can spend a lot of time worrying about what other people are doing, or you can spend a lot of time having fun and enjoying your vacation. Yes, some children get on my nerves, BUT there are also some adults who get on my nerves - so maybe we need to start a poll that counts how many adults we would have excluded from our cruise space??

Just a thought. Why don't we leave the children alone - if someone gets into your space and makes you uncomfortable - move to another space!

Sorry, if I'm paying $30 extra for a meal and someone sends their children to irritate me as mentioned above, it is not up to me to move, it is up to security to remove that family because that behavior should not be allowed.

And yes I was a child and remember it but my folks removed me if I acted up, they did not get mad at others for being upset at my bad behavior.

The fact people consider bad behavior from kids OK and it's the folks who complain who are bad is a real puzzler to me.

For those on a cruise with my family, be prepared, if we decide to enjoy a dinner at the steakhouse and our 11 y/o son decides to join us, he will. Those who are worried about THEIR vacation and THEIR week and THEIR experience, you need to remember that it is also OUR vacation and OUR week and OUR experience also. WE have also spent OUR money for the cruise. Also know that WE raise our child properly and have taught him what kind of behavior is expected when in public and we can proudly say that he is much better behaved in a public setting and in fine restaurants than many adults I have seen in the same situations.

We enjoy vacationing and traveling with our son. We also enjoy sharing some of the finer experiences with him, if he chooses to join us.

For you that have that big of a problem with children, I suggest you find an adult only vacation experience so that those of us who choose to vacation and participate in nice activities with our children can enjoy them in relative peace and not have our children exposed to the type of prejudice and negative attitude that you exude.

And allowing your children to misbehave and ruin someone's dinner proves the OP wrong how?

It's that attitude that kids can do whatever they want wherever they are that causes folks to want to bar them from the steakhouse.

I agree with others who suggest ALL sitting in the steakhouse should be charged the $30. Till every seat costs $30 and there are no picniking children, parents have no paid for right (since "I paid for my child" is often a response) to be mad that folks complain about unruly children. I also think parents would rethink whether a kid with a limited attention span would be happy there if they have to pay and you'd end up with mainly the well behaved kids who enjoy grownup food.

The fact that 3 or 4 children can "picnic" for free is not well known. I for one, did not realize that until my last cruise. It just surprises me that the day we ate there, the 2 families took up 2 tables with 6 seats and paid for only 2 adults. I would accept the argument that you paid $30 for your child to eat there and he was perfectly behaved - no problem. I know at least one group of 6 that were "wait listed, then denied, when no table was available for that time slot that we were there. I just find it interesting that Carnival does not see this as a severe restriction on "selling" steakhouse seats. As I pointed out, for over 2 hours, seats were filled with non paying children while paying adults were turned away. I might add, there were many "trips to the bathroom" from both tables that made the in/out traffic distracting. 2 kids out, one returns, runs across the steakhouse, wants Mom, she leaves, then all our back, repeat every 20 minutes times two tables (including one chase around the table before they sat down), another trip for one child at the table to go with Dad to the Lido get french fries from the grill that they saw one of the other children at the other table had. And one final trip by two of the children together to get ice cream cones on the Lido to eat in the steakhouse while their parents ate their dessert. BTW, the children were also given "samples" from their parents desserts, but no money was charged because, the kids brought their own food and did not eat off the menu.

Archived