Flynlo

No Children Allowed in Steakhouse  

701 members have voted

1. 1. No Children Allowed in Steakhouse

• No Children Allowed in Steakhouse
    • Yes Children are OK
    • I Could Care Less
    • Keep Them out of the Steakhouse and Chefs Table

I could care less about whether or not children are at the Steakhouse. IF their parents can afford to drop $30/person there, PLUS the children are mature enough/well behaved, then let them eat there.

IF their parents have an overwhelming sense of entitlement, don't give a crap if Johnny or Susie run amok, etc... then BOTH the children AND the parents should be banned from eating there!

How many of you people out there believe as I do. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN STEAKHOUSE! They ruin the fine dining experience for many. Send them to the buffet or elsewhere.

Unless the OP is starting their own cruiseline, this poll is irrelavent.

All paying guests are welcome in the Supper CLUB. and according to John Heald, there are no plans to change that.

How many of you people out there believe as I do. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN STEAKHOUSE! They ruin the fine dining experience for many. Send them to the buffet or elsewhere.

So do many adults who drink too much, don't know how to use their cutlery, chew with their mouths open, talk too loud and think that any restaurant on any mass market ship is fine dining. It isn't!

I can't believe the amount of discrimination against children I read on these boards.:(

I think the question should read...Should Parents who are too lazy to ensure their children behave, be kept out?

Agreed! But, unfortunately, it's not just kids :(.

I continue to find it amazing that people book a mass market line but then are annoyed by who they cruise with....they don't want kids......or young adults.....or teenagers......or senior citizens....or church groups.... or college kids.....or polka dancers......etc. The list goes on and on :eek:

Sheez.....enough already :mad:.

Awe, didn't mommy and daddy give you enough attention? Now you want all children to be deprived of social interaction as you were.

Maybe they should keep you out of the steakhouse.

CCL is a FUN themed cruise line. Maybe you are better suited for a more STUFFY cruise line.

I'm just saying........

I would love to go on the next cruise with the original poster and bring my infant and 3 year old to the steakhouse. In fact, I would love to sit right next to the....again I wonder if the OP has any kids of their own or were neglected as such when young. Pathetic I say...if you don't think kids are entitled than than charter your own boat. Last I checked kids pay to go on Cruises, so they get the same benefits!

I could care less about whether or not children are at the Steakhouse. IF their parents can afford to drop $30/person there, PLUS the children are mature enough/well behaved, then let them eat there.

IF their parents have an overwhelming sense of entitlement, don't give a crap if Johnny or Susie run amok, etc... then BOTH the children AND the parents should be banned from eating there!

I couldn't agree more!

I enjoy the steakhouse for the quiet adult ambiance. That said, my parents took me along everywhere that they went, but if I couldn't behave, I was sent back to my room, or told to sit outside the restaurant so they could enjoy their meal. And now that I am grown up, I understand that. So kids are welcome anywhere I go, but if they act up, then they need to be disciplined. I have no kids, but I enjoy them, and the examples we show them, are what they learn by.:)

I enjoy the steakhouse for the quiet adult ambiance. That said, my parents took me along everywhere that they went, but if I couldn't behave, I was sent back to my room, or told to sit outside the restaurant so they could enjoy their meal. And now that I am grown up, I understand that. So kids are welcome anywhere I go, but if they act up, then they need to be disciplined. I have no kids, but I enjoy them, and the examples we show them, are what they learn by.:)

I honestly don`t think anyone wants to experience an unruly ANYTHING.

Child and parent bashing on the Cruise Critic boards!

:(

Not to mention the bashing of people that come to a public Cruise board to post legitimate questions.

My opinion on the kids question is this; if they can read the menu, decide for them self what they want, cut the food, and eat it, without help from mom and dad, then let them come, if they can not do that, leave them at camp.

Agreed! But, unfortunately, it's not just kids :(.

I continue to find it amazing that people book a mass market line but then are annoyed by who they cruise with....they don't want kids......or young adults.....or teenagers......or senior citizens....or church groups.... or college kids.....or polka dancers......etc. The list goes on and on :eek:

Sheez.....enough already :mad:.

I agree, I think the hosts should clean up all the threads; remove all the questions people have about cruising after all everyone is aloud their own cruise experience.

Oh wait, it they do that then all the threads will be empty.

Under what age? Your question is a little vague.

Actually, never mind. I don't care if people bring their kids. Obnoxious kids are less offensive to me than obnoxious adults. I figure if I go out in public there is no guarantee everything is always going to be a perfect experience.

THIS IS MY OPINION. I am entitled to it just as everyone else. So here is what I think about the steakhouse/chef's table and children; the constant rant, discussion, argument, debate is really mindblowing. Children are like politics and religion and really shouldn't be discussed in general forums as the threads are likely to be highjacked by the haves and have nots. However, since this is the topic of this thread I will throw my two cents in the hat as well.

Children under the age of 16 should not be permitted in the steakhouse or the chef's table. If they are old enough to drive they should be old enough to eat a 24 oz ribeye and sit still through a three hour dinner and if they are not then they can certainly get up quietly and leave the room without disturbing others or without requiring their parents to leave as well. I realize that this is a arbitrary number but work with me here folks. Fifteen and under would rather be tarred and feathered than sit through a 3 hour meal with thier parents, the food is too rich for them and unless they have some abnormal attachment to mom's leg then they will be happier having pizza and watching a flick. IT absolutely is the parents that insist that their children dine with them at the steakhouse that is the problem. You will hear excuses like: Johnny won't stay at camp carnival, Johnny eats dinner with me every day, it is our rule, Johnny must have me there to wipe his nose for him....Basically, when people have children, the whole concept that entering an entire restaurant devoid of children is foreign and uncomfortable. And, the rules of common courtesy simple are tossed for the general thought that their children are simply the most well behaved, well mannered, quiet, obedient and sophisticated children on the face of the earth.

All people have their own specific reasons for sailing on Carnival. The the cost, reservations required, decor and atmosphere of the steakhouse should tell anyone that it was designed as a fine dining experience, generally one where children would not be comfortable. This is the one place where I would never expect (nor wish to) see Funship Freddy make an appearance. One would think that Carnival designed it this way that people would use commom sense as see that this is not a kid friendly environment without havign to make a rule about it.

Don't we have enough rules as it is? The reason we have them and must enforce them is that there will always be someone who thinks that they (or their children in this case) are above the rules of common courtesy. But see we don't have rules for the masses, we have rules for the few.

It is these same people that will march into the principal's office at school and insist everyone be fired and arrested when little Johnny got a black eye because he pulled Little Janey's hair one too many times and she finally had enough and gave him what he deserved.

I love children, I have a couple of my own, come from a BIIIIIGGGG family and understand what it is to want your child to experience fine dining. Please understand that this is MY week, MY vacation, MY reservation in the steakhouse where I will enjoy MY ribeye, MY wine and the company of MY husband and you can fulfill your need to experience fine dining with your children at a restaurant of your choice one of the other 51 weeks a year. But I beg of you, please think of others, just this once. I promise that Little Johnny will not suffer one bit. He won't feel a thing, really. It is likely that he won't remember that you went to eat dinner without him one time while you were on vacation. But I can promise you this. HE WILL REMEMBER (an never let you forget) that time that you made him put on a itchy uncomfortable shirt and tie and go to this dark restaurant with that stupid music playing for three hours and he had to eat food he couldn't identify and it was nasty and why couldn't he just eat chicken fingers and french fries and why was it taking soooo long and you wouldn't let him leave and then there was a scene and you cried and he cried and everyone else was pissed off cause Little Johnny ruined their fancy meal.

When in reality, your ego and sense of entitlement ruined your night and possibly took away something special from ME.

That's all folks. My apologies to anyone with delicate sensibilities just fianlly having my say. Good day all.

Ya' know... there is no age limit to dine in the steakhouse. Parents are free to bring their kids as they see fit.

Most don't some do. I've seen extraordinarily well behave children dining with their parents. They didn't effect my experience in the least.

Banning children from the steakhouse would be, as a minimum, rude and insulting...

Just my $.02...

THIS IS MY OPINION. I am entitled to it just as everyone else. So here is what I think about the steakhouse/chef's table and children; the constant rant, discussion, argument, debate is really mindblowing. Children are like politics and religion and really shouldn't be discussed in general forums as the threads are likely to be highjacked by the haves and have nots. However, since this is the topic of this thread I will throw my two cents in the hat as well.

Children under the age of 16 should not be permitted in the steakhouse or the chef's table. If they are old enough to drive they should be old enough to eat a 24 oz ribeye and sit still through a three hour dinner and if they are not then they can certainly get up quietly and leave the room without disturbing others or without requiring their parents to leave as well. I realize that this is a arbitrary number but work with me here folks. Fifteen and under would rather be tarred and feathered than sit through a 3 hour meal with thier parents, the food is too rich for them and unless they have some abnormal attachment to mom's leg then they will be happier having pizza and watching a flick. IT absolutely is the parents that insist that their children dine with them at the steakhouse that is the problem. You will hear excuses like: Johnny won't stay at camp carnival, Johnny eats dinner with me every day, it is our rule, Johnny must have me there to wipe his nose for him....Basically, when people have children, the whole concept that entering an entire restaurant devoid of children is foreign and uncomfortable. And, the rules of common courtesy simple are tossed for the general thought that their children are simply the most well behaved, well mannered, quiet, obedient and sophisticated children on the face of the earth.

All people have their own specific reasons for sailing on Carnival. The the cost, reservations required, decor and atmosphere of the steakhouse should tell anyone that it was designed as a fine dining experience, generally one where children would not be comfortable. This is the one place where I would never expect (nor wish to) see Funship Freddy make an appearance. One would think that Carnival designed it this way that people would use commom sense as see that this is not a kid friendly environment without havign to make a rule about it.

Don't we have enough rules as it is? The reason we have them and must enforce them is that there will always be someone who thinks that they (or their children in this case) are above the rules of common courtesy. But see we don't have rules for the masses, we have rules for the few.

It is these same people that will march into the principal's office at school and insist everyone be fired and arrested when little Johnny got a black eye because he pulled Little Janey's hair one too many times and she finally had enough and gave him what he deserved.

I love children, I have a couple of my own, come from a BIIIIIGGGG family and understand what it is to want your child to experience fine dining. Please understand that this is MY week, MY vacation, MY reservation in the steakhouse where I will enjoy MY ribeye, MY wine and the company of MY husband and you can fulfill your need to experience fine dining with your children at a restaurant of your choice one of the other 51 weeks a year. But I beg of you, please think of others, just this once. I promise that Little Johnny will not suffer one bit. He won't feel a thing, really. It is likely that he won't remember that you went to eat dinner without him one time while you were on vacation. But I can promise you this. HE WILL REMEMBER (an never let you forget) that time that you made him put on a itchy uncomfortable shirt and tie and go to this dark restaurant with that stupid music playing for three hours and he had to eat food he couldn't identify and it was nasty and why couldn't he just eat chicken fingers and french fries and why was it taking soooo long and you wouldn't let him leave and then there was a scene and you cried and he cried and everyone else was pissed off cause Little Johnny ruined their fancy meal.

When in reality, your ego and sense of entitlement ruined your night and possibly took away something special from ME.

That's all folks. My apologies to anyone with delicate sensibilities just fianlly having my say. Good day all.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but it is null and void when Carnival states they are welcome. They even changed the name to make it more family friendly.

On our last Costa cruise, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite. On Costa, suite passengers get a complimentary meal at the speciality steakhouse. Therefore, we took our 7 year old daughter. She was extremely well behaved and quiet and we all had a fantastic meal. Parents should know their own children well enough to know if they can handle a situation like this or if they would be more comfortable at the buffet or kids club.

Therefore, I think it is a bit harsh to say "No Children!" I believe that irresponsible parents with misbehaving children should be asked - politely at first - to control their children. Then, if that doesn't work, they should be asked to leave. If the parents are doing their job, there will be no problem.

In my opinion, some adults can be more disruptive than children. However, Carnival can't say "No loud, rude, and obnoxious guests allowed!" Can they?

Archived