Best site to purchase Venice.....

boerneDQ

Vap passes and museum tickets? I have seen a couple on the boards, but would love recommendations.

Also, is it better to reserve a water taxi from the airport to hotel in advance or just get one at the dock when we arrive?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Vap passes and museum tickets? I have seen a couple on the boards, but would love recommendations.

Also, is it better to reserve a water taxi from the airport to hotel in advance or just get one at the dock when we arrive?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Hi-I'm bumping this post up because I would love an answer as well. We will be in Venice next month and would like to know whether we can just find a water taxi outside the airport or should we reserve one? Also, is there one company better than the other in which to reserve vap passes and museum tickets? All answers will be appreciated!! Shelly:)

I see no need to purchase tickets in advance. I would get the museum pass at the Correr Museum as there are no lines there. Get your vaparetto pass at the airport or at the Piazzale Roma stop. Water taxis are very expensive! Avoid them if you can. Reserve the Basilica in advance here http://www.alata.it/eng/BOOKING/sanmarco.asp That way you don't have to stand in line.

Rick

Thanks euro cruiser-May I ask a few more questions? So, a water taxi was readily available for you outside the airport? Did you go with one company in particular or did you just take the first one? Also, did you pick up your venice connected card at the airport? There's 2 choices for Venice Cards and I'm debating between the two-they seem pretty much equal. did you choose the option of bathroom priviliges? Hubby and I both have "active" bladders, so I'm thinking that may be a wise investment!! Also, did you find you got your money's worth from the venice card.

Thanks for helping this newbie out!! Looking forward to visiting this complex city!! Shelly:)

I see no need to purchase tickets in advance. I would get the museum pass at the Correr Museum as there are no lines there. Get your vaparetto pass at the airport or at the Piazzale Roma stop. Water taxis are very expensive! Avoid them if you can. Reserve the Basilica in advance here http://www.alata.it/eng/BOOKING/sanmarco.asp That way you don't have to stand in line.

Rick

Venice connected for the museum or museum plus pass. Avoids lines at the Doge's palace. Slight discount on line and for seniors. You have to trade your voucher for the pass at one of their 'points' (airport, Piazzal Roma ) The places are on their website. PS the Correr museum is a hidden gem and a quiet place for a snack. No need to get Vaporetto passes in advance. Passes are sold at all the major stops. (St. Mark's, Piazzal Roma, Rialto) I don't agree that you should avoid a water taxi from the airport. Sure they are expensive but will save you 1 -2 hours and lots of hassle. Pick one up at the dock. if you are lucky, you can also pick up someone to share with.

We are traveling to Venice in early November for a RCI cruise. I wanted to buy some of the tickets and such in advance, but it will not let me buy for November. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Did you click on the first day of your stay in Venice on the Nov calendar?

Hi-Ok, I have just done the stupidest thing:o. When putting in the date to begin using my venice card, I put the date we are beginning our journey which is the day BEFORE we actually arrive in Venice. So, when we pick up our cards at the airport, we will be a day late. Will that make a difference? We booked the 72 hr vap pass,so will we only have 48 hrs. now in which to use the tickets?

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say..............:)

Hi-Ok, I have just done the stupidest thing:o. When putting in the date to begin using my venice card, I put the date we are beginning our journey which is the day BEFORE we actually arrive in Venice. So, when we pick up our cards at the airport, we will be a day late. Will that make a difference? We booked the 72 hr vap pass,so will we only have 48 hrs. now in which to use the tickets?

No problem. I did exactly the same thing. Your vaporetto pass will begin from the first time you use it. You will have 72 hours.

Hi,

We booked the museum pass for October and for Seniors it was only 10E's each, I looked both at the Travel Card for Venice and Venice connected and with Venice Connected you put in the dates you are traveling on transportation and it does make a difference in the price.

The 32 hour pass was 19.5 E's for the dates we are traveling. There is also A San Marco museum pass available too. Their site can be confusing you just have to keep playing with it. Good luck. :)

Now I remember what I did. Like you I put in the wrong date. I contacted them at http://www.veniceconnected.com/node/479 They answered in a few days that all would be well and there was no problem when I picked up my Vaporetto pass

Thanks,

Charlotte

There you go http://www.venicewelcome.com/actv/vaporetto.htm

Can anyone pls tell me how far the airport is from the cruise pier.. We will be doing the Voyager next year.. Thanks

8 miles. About 30 euros by Taxi. less than 5euros by express bus and the People Mover. see http://www.veniceforvisitors.com Don't miss the chance to stay extra time in Venice if it's your first visit.

Archived