Carnival Sensation – September 16-19, 2010

BoooBooKitEFk

Love your review, great details. OMG, so glad you got your dress back.

Also, reading this review has made me decide to get the behind- the -ear patches. I get car sick very easily, so this will just be extra insurance. I'd rather have it and not use it than need it and not have it.

Repack that cruise bag, you're not done yet. :D See you on the Legend. Cari

Thanks for the review!! I am leaving Sunday for the 4 day! I cannot wait:D:D!!!!!!

I have a silly question here, do you recall the Disney ships horn? When it went off or if it went off a few times? One thing that I REALLY want to do is get that recorded!

Looks like you had a nice trip. This trip is my mom and I's first mother daughter trip so I am really looking forward to it!

Fantasitic review. Sorry your daughter doesn't want to go on another one with you :( If you do convince her to try again, I'd put the patch on her the night before you get on the ship. :)

Also, the swaying feeling when you're back on land... I don't know if it was a coincidence or what but mine lasted several days after and finally I walked about a mile one night because I didn't feel it when I was walking. Laying in bed that night I realized I didn't feel it anymore. Might help!

Thanks for the review! Hopefully she will change her mind and sail again. I think she will after she thinks about the fun and the possibility of going on a longer sailing with you!!

Thanks for the review!! I am leaving Sunday for the 4 day! I cannot wait:D:D!!!!!!

I have a silly question here, do you recall the Disney ships horn? When it went off or if it went off a few times? One thing that I REALLY want to do is get that recorded!

Looks like you had a nice trip. This trip is my mom and I's first mother daughter trip so I am really looking forward to it!

2 years ago one of the Disney ships pulled into Nassau while we were docked there. She did blow her horn but it was probably 10 to 15 minutes after she got into her slip. We watched her pull in from the Sun Deck then decided to head down to Nassau before everyone on their ship got off too. When we were walking to the building on land we heard the horn. So it wasn't right away... I don't know if that is what they normally do, just thought I would let you know!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the responses!

As far as the swaying goes, it does get better when I'm laying down, but sitting up... holy hell! I feel like my house is swaying one way and I'm swaying the other way. I think I'll take the dogs and go for a walk.

Thanks again! :)

We set sail before the Disney ship did, so I didn't get to hear their horn. I did find lots of videos on youtube, one in particular was a Disney ship and a Carnival ship "dueling" with the horns. If you search youtube you'll find several there.

Have a great time on your trip!

Love your review, great details. OMG, so glad you got your dress back.

Also, reading this review has made me decide to get the behind- the -ear patches. I get car sick very easily, so this will just be extra insurance. I'd rather have it and not use it than need it and not have it.

Repack that cruise bag, you're not done yet. :D See you on the Legend. Cari

Loved the review, Boo!!

Yep, there is always a speedo guy:eek: We'll count them on our Legend cruise!

Thanks guys... hopefully the swaying will stop by then, ya think? :p

Wanted to know the tattoos on the ship how long do they last and whats the cost. I wanted to get one on my last cruise which was four years ago but was always a line. Too afraid to get a real one but got my belly button pierced go figure.:) Well I enjoyed your review and I guess I'll see you in jacksonville on the 26th of Nov. Until then keep cruising wish I could do it that often.

Wanted to know the tattoos on the ship how long do they last and whats the cost. I wanted to get one on my last cruise which was four years ago but was always a line. Too afraid to get a real one but got my belly button pierced go figure.:) Well I enjoyed your review and I guess I'll see you in jacksonville on the 26th of Nov. Until then keep cruising wish I could do it that often.

My daughter got the Capricorn sign on her shoulder... I'm pretty sure it was $16 plus 15% grat. They say they last up to a week, her's still looks good today.

See you in November! :D

Embarkation

There was not much of a line getting into the terminal and we had our bags on the x-ray belt in about 5 minutes. Of course, with my luck, Security Guy #1 said “Uh-oh, we have a problem!” Security Guy #2 opens my bag and removes my fan. This fan was one of those little ones like they use in nail salons, not to mention it was brand new with the plastic still on the coiled up cord. I tried to tell him that my fan was allowed per Carnival’s website as long as it didn’t pose a fire hazard. He proceeded to tell me he didn’t give a rats a$$ what Carnival said, that it was his job to remove prohibited items. He filled out the “confiscated items” form and gave me my copy. I had a small adapter plug thing that turns the one outlet into three. That was fine. I also had my one bottle of wine allowed in my carry-on that they didn’t even blink at.

Confiscated Fan Letter

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So much for the suggestions of some to take my fan in our carry on... to avoid the SAME (INCORRECT) letter I received on the Destiny earlier this month....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tom

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So much for the suggestions of some to take my fan in our carry on... to avoid the SAME (INCORRECT) letter I received on the Destiny earlier this month....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tom

My thoughts exactly! I didn't mention though that I called and asked Guest Services to borrow a fan and they said they didn't have any to loan out. I just chalk it up to Carnival being Carnival. You will never hear the same response/answer twice.

I loved your review! We're going on our first cruise next July 10 for our 40th wedding anniversary! We'll be in M114 which, if I'm seeing your door decorations correctly, that was the same cabin you were in, so this was especially awesome to see the actual room/balcony/etc. Again, thanks for posting the pictures and review!

I loved your review! We're going on our first cruise next July 10 for our 40th wedding anniversary! We'll be in M114 which, if I'm seeing your door decorations correctly, that was the same cabin you were in, so this was especially awesome to see the actual room/balcony/etc. Again, thanks for posting the pictures and review!

Yes, we were in M114. You'll love it! I found some more room pics:

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!!!! :)

i enjoyed that cruise and i enjoyed reading your review.... made me wanna be back on that ship....

the first night did seem a lil rocky for me also.....that ship was rocking side to side and back and forth.... i was like...choose one direction please....

i hope to post my review in the next few days and hope its 1/2 as good as yours....

i enjoyed that cruise and i enjoyed reading your review.... made me wanna be back on that ship....

the first night did seem a lil rocky for me also.....that ship was rocking side to side and back and forth.... i was like...choose one direction please....

i hope to post my review in the next few days and hope its 1/2 as good as yours....

Thank you so much!! I realized after I posted all of it that I left out SO many things... but it was long enough I think, so I'll just leave it be. :D

Did you take the same shuttle service back to the airport? Was it an hour ride? Trying to decide what time to book my return flight.

Yes, we used TravelLynx for return travel to the airport as well. The ride was just shy of 50 minutes, but I'd allow the full hour just to be safe.

When I set up the shuttle, they asked what time we wanted to be picked up, early or late. We had a 2:15 flight so I said late. When he emailed me my reservation confirmation it said "8:30 pickup". I consider that early, but I guess some people are in more of a rush to get off the ship then we were.

They said there would be shuttles there all throughout the morning, and there were. There were at least 3 TravelLynx shuttles just waiting, so you won't have to worry about being exactly on time with them.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise! :D

Your post is great. Any idea why your daughter said cruising isn't for her? Would she have more fun if she cruised with a friend? A nicer ship? You did cruise when there aren't many teens and if she is a social girl, and being her first cruise she probably had no idea how to occupy her time. Plus on the smaller ships they don't have as much going on during the day. I couldn't keep up with all the activities going on the Dream - Dancing, Trivia, Bingo, Cooking Demostrations, - only made it to about 1/3 of the stuff - sometimes because stuff going on at same time. On the Sensation, we found a major lack of outside games (etc) like we had enjoyed on the Fantasy. The person in charge was too interested in eatting lunch than to encourage people to play poolside games.

-I never use a patch because it makes me seasick when I get home. It happened both times I used. Now I just take Meclizine each night on board, and the night before I get on, and a could days after I get home and i'm fine. (I even tried leaving the patch on for a week after I got back and still was sick when it came off) (Dr. said things effect us differently as we age) THANKS!:cool:

My teenage son loves to cruise but I can see if your first cruise was at 15-16 - it would be harder to fall in love. Maybe try the Dream with a friend and see if she likes it better.

(Also, take ginger before you get onboard for the seasickness)

Your post is great. Any idea why your daughter said cruising isn't for her? Would she have more fun if she cruised with a friend? A nicer ship? You did cruise when there aren't many teens and if she is a social girl, and being her first cruise she probably had no idea how to occupy her time.

My teenage son loves to cruise but I can see if your first cruise was at 15-16 - it would be harder to fall in love. Maybe try the Dream with a friend and see if she likes it better.

Thank you!

I think she just felt so sick that she decided right then and there it wasn't for her. She and I get along very well, so we pretty much did everything together, so it wasn't that she was lonely. She just HATES to be nauseous and that made a huge impact on her. She's 17, so yeah, it was a little late, but maybe she'll change her mind someday soon.

DH and I are thinking about doing the TA in Oct 2011, so maybe she'll change her mind by then.

Archived