Embarrrassing Luggage

Jerry and Shelly

Nope. Just had jewelery stolen at Miami Airport last fall after a cruise... by government inspectors....it was so nice of them to leave a note indicating that our luggage had been inspected! (And yes, I know. I just didn't pay attention when packing aboard ship; never before have we not put jewelery in our carry on!)

Bill

I put things in large ziploc plastic bags, the 2.5 gallon ones. They help keep everything in order and allow them to riffle through the bags without actually messing anything up or holding up your unmentionables. :-)

Don't forget to put some of yours and your traveling companions things in each suitcase so if things go awry you each will have some stuff.

Michelle

OK, since I started it, the most embarrassing thing that happened to us was when a bellhop was carrying our luggage into our room in Florida, and then asked us if we had a "live animal" in our bag? After a brief thought process, I replied "no, it must be our electric toothbrush" that was vibrating and making noise. We don't have an electric toothbrush.

OK, since I started it, the most embarrassing thing that happened to us was when a bellhop was carrying our luggage into our room in Florida, and then asked us if we had a "live animal" in our bag? After a brief thought process, I replied "no, it must be our electric toothbrush" that was vibrating and making noise. We don't have an electric toothbrush.

LOL That is to funny :)

ok, since i started it, the most embarrassing thing that happened to us was when a bellhop was carrying our luggage into our room in florida, and then asked us if we had a "live animal" in our bag? After a brief thought process, i replied "no, it must be our electric toothbrush" that was vibrating and making noise. We don't have an electric toothbrush.

lol

Oh my gosh!!!! Too funny. I wouldn't be brave enough to do that! Besides, that's why I bring my husband... So I don't need to pack things like that!! OK I'm going to stop there before I continue further into the gutter :D

So you did have a live animal in the bag? Too funny. :D

One time I did hear someone else's 'electric toothbrush' vibrating. Turned around and their faces were quite RED. LOL

Note to self

Pack batteries separately

note

If one cannot remove batteries tape up the slider switch

(another use for duct tape)

Love it- especially since that was my first thought when I read your original post!

Well I guess I can not pack handcuffs:mad:

Zip-ties???

We don't have an electric toothbrush.

roflmao!

...was taking a long time to x-ray my luggage. Heard mention of "mass of wires". Ever since I stack my bras very neatly and put in a zip-loc...

Sara

ok, since i started it, the most embarrassing thing that happened to us was when a bellhop was carrying our luggage into our room in florida, and then asked us if we had a "live animal" in our bag? After a brief thought process, i replied "no, it must be our electric toothbrush" that was vibrating and making noise. We don't have an electric toothbrush.

priceless!!!

A couple years back, DH and I were returning via Miami from a cruise with our college-age DD. We went through different lines at security, and I turnedround to see that DH has been pulled aside so they could go through his carry-on. Well, I don't remember if some of DD's things got into his carry-on or if he was holding hers .DH is a big guy, and the security officer starts pulling out all these girly items: a bra, a 2 piece bathing suit, a sundress, and I think a few more things. DH played it all with a straight face, but I thought thesecurity guard was going to keel over, he was laughing so hard! He did finally get passed through, I think they were afraid to ask too many questions. Now we are all very careful to check that we all have our own possessions in our carry-ons.

A couple years back, DH and I were returning via Miami from a cruise with our college-age DD. We went through different lines at security, and I turnedround to see that DH has been pulled aside so they could go through his carry-on. Well, I don't remember if some of DD's things got into his carry-on or if he was holding hers .DH is a big guy, and the security officer starts pulling out all these girly items: a bra, a 2 piece bathing suit, a sundress, and I think a few more things. DH played it all with a straight face, but I thought thesecurity guard was going to keel over, he was laughing so hard! He did finally get passed through, I think they were afraid to ask too many questions. Now we are all very careful to check that we all have our own possessions in our carry-ons.

Basically that is a good idea. Commingling stuff so if one carry-on or luggage gets lost one still has some to wear.

On way to a cruise, we were delayed at airport. Over the speakers, we hear them ask my DH to report to the ticket counter. He came back with a s..... eating grin on his face. After inquiring as to the reason for his amusement, he asked what I had packed in my suitcase. I couldn't think of what he was talking about..till he almost split his sides laughing. Turned out batteries were left in (never again) and the suitcase had been pulled off the loading ramp and was sitting by itself by the plane. He so helpfully explained to them, much to my embarrassment. When we finally boarded the plane, the officers and flight attendents were standing there to give us a salute. I try to forget this episode, but the original OP brought of those giggles back...at that point what could I do but smile and curtesy. Lord to be young again

Finally! Our Solstice cruise departs this Sunday! We started our packing, and while choosing what to take, we were wondering if anyone ever had anything embarrassing or awkward found in their luggage by an inspector or porter?

years ago in the mid 70s i was coming off a cruise at the new york city pier and was actually stopped by a customs inspector. i had a tote bag with me as well as 2 large suitcases but the inspector was only interested in the contents of the tote. he unzipped the bag and emptied it to find nothing but 10pairs of dirty panties. he dumped them out and stuffed them right back in. i was pretty embarassed, but he was doing all the handeling that day.

We were on a trip one time, and our luggage was delivered to our room before we got there ourselves. When we got there, our suitcase had a vibrating, buzzing sound coming from it. It WAS my electirc toothbrush(really!), but we wondered what the bellman thought!!:o:eek::o Now I always take the batteries out of my toothbrush when I fly!;)

Archived