Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Mike,

Thank you for such a great review. It is refreshing to read someone's review that is so positive, realistic and uplifting when so many others write such silly and unnecessarily negative reviews here. I love the idea of your b2b2b2b and vow renewal! Clearly you had a fantastic time and I just want to say, I think you set a great example for everyone who cruises! I'm so glad you were able to take your family on this extended vacation - it's just wonderful! Best wishes to you all and many thanks again for a very informative, memorable and entertaining review!

Thank you SuiteTraveler, I appreciate all your kind words, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Love the Hyatt Summerfield, free breakfast, free internet, free airport shuttle or within a 3 mile radius of hotel. $53.20 a night, taxes included (Priceline). Spent the day shopping at the Dolphin Mall.

Mikey, I always thought priceline was one of those "bidding" sites. Did you choose this hotel, or you just got lucky ?

By the way, it took me several days to read your fantastc review. I guess I kind of "treated" myself with a little bit each day for the past week or so ;)

I think you make a gorgeous couple and are blessed to have found each other !

Tracy is a lucky woman to have such a romantic man, and I'm sure Tracy must be a spectacular woman to have you want to be the best man you can be.

All I can say is, in the classic words from a classic chick flick (Jerry McGuire)...

"You had me at Hello"

Thanks for sharing your very personal story.

hi Mike

been home now two weeks after sailing on th Liberty... what a ship

i plotted and planned that trip and surprised my hubby with the chef's dinner.. all i wanted to do after every plate was to pick each of them up and lick every plate so i would not miss a thing.

So being home for two weeks i miss sailing, so i have booked our next sailing on the Legend for CDN thanksgiving and once again I will be booking the chefs dinner. This time my husband does not know about this cruise am giving this cruise as a present. (sort of) when we go away at christmas.

Love the Hyatt Summerfield, free breakfast, free internet, free airport shuttle or within a 3 mile radius of hotel. $53.20 a night, taxes included (Priceline). Spent the day shopping at the Dolphin Mall.

Mikey, I always thought priceline was one of those "bidding" sites. Did you choose this hotel, or you just got lucky ?

Yes, you do bid and if you do your research with the help of BetterBidding.com and there are others sites, you have a good chance of getting the hotel you want. By bidding at the right time I was about 90% sure of getting Hyatt Summerfield.

By the way, it took me several days to read your fantastc review. I guess I kind of "treated" myself with a little bit each day for the past week or so ;)

I think you make a gorgeous couple and are blessed to have found each other !

Tracy is a lucky woman to have such a romantic man, and I'm sure Tracy must be a spectacular woman to have you want to be the best man you can be.

All I can say is, in the classic words from a classic chick flick (Jerry McGuire)...

"You had me at Hello"

Thanks for sharing your very personal story.

Thank you for everything, really glad you enjoyed it. I actually had a lot fun doing it. Mike

hi Mike

been home now two weeks after sailing on th Liberty... what a ship

i plotted and planned that trip and surprised my hubby with the chef's dinner.. all i wanted to do after every plate was to pick each of them up and lick every plate so i would not miss a thing.

So being home for two weeks i miss sailing, so i have booked our next sailing on the Legend for CDN thanksgiving and once again I will be booking the chefs dinner. This time my husband does not know about this cruise am giving this cruise as a present. (sort of) when we go away at christmas.

Nice to hear from you again, I can't wait to cruise on Liberty one day. Within the next couple of years I want to cruise on Liberty, Legend, Dream and Miracle and ultimately all of the Carnival cruise ships.

Glad you enjoyed the chef's table and it's great your doing it again. I smiled when you mentioned licking the plates. I hope no one saw me when I was doing it.;)

Good luck keeping the surprise. All the best. Mike

Hi everyone, this is Tracy.

I think the only words I have for all of this is WOW!, this is truly AMAZING!. I knew Mike was putting a review on here, but I didn’t think it would become so popular.

This years vacation was my favorite. I guess I can’t make fun of him anymore about how he never asked me to marry him. As a young girl I always dreamed of the man I love getting down on one knee and proposing, like you see in the movies.

He kept the secret extremely well and I never saw it coming. Now when I think back it all adds up. He took me to look at rings, (I had my original wedding ring stolen years ago and Mike kept saying "well, maybe on our 20th wedding anniversary I’ll buy you another one"), he kept bringing me shopping for dresses (unusual), he wanted me to have plenty of time to get ready for the evening and look nice (also unusual for him to take that much interest), he wanted to sit next to me instead of opposite, which is where he would sit normally. Yes 2+2=4 now.

I felt so special on that evening, I still feel on top of the world and I have to tell myself that, OMG this really happened and I’m so lucky. I’m married to a man that I truly love with all my heart and he did this for me. He made me feel so special.

To all those guys out there that have been reading Mikes review. It’s never too late. This was even more special for me, because after all these years, for him to do this,( which was a bit out of character for him) just makes me love him and want him so much more.

Ladies, just keep hinting around and eventually it will happen, hopefully it won’t take 17 years though.

I’m so happy to see that our vacation is being enjoyed by so many nice people, I’ve been reading all the comments, every single one makes me smile and I hope I get to meet some of you on a future Cruise. Thank you for that.

Mike and Tracey:

I am just now finding your review and loving every minute!! We are taking 2 of our 3 daughters on the Valor in August 2011. Leaving on our 7th wedding anniversary. I'm only planning on having a cake delivered!! So glad you had a magical trip!!

Danielle

Mike and Tracey:

I am just now finding your review and loving every minute!! We are taking 2 of our 3 daughters on the Valor in August 2011. Leaving on our 7th wedding anniversary. I'm only planning on having a cake delivered!! So glad you had a magical trip!!

Danielle

Thank you Danielle, by the way for everyone who was interested in Tracy's career, she found out yesterday that she is leaving on Feb 21st for 6 months of training, to become a mountie.

Thank you Danielle, by the way for everyone who was interested in Tracy's career, she found out yesterday that she is leaving on Feb 21st for 6 months of training, to become a mountie.

Awesome news.. here's hoping she is posted back your way ;)

What an excellent adventure. I've been reading off and on for the past week and this is a fantastic review. My family will be on the Freedom in November so I was referred to your review and I got hooked from the first post. I must admit, unlike others, I did not shed a tear during the proposal or renewal. What got to me was post #1194 in which I began to get teary eyed. OH NO!!!!! SAY IT ISN'T OVER.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and I wish you and your lovely family the very best.

What an excellent adventure. I've been reading off and on for the past week and this is a fantastic review. My family will be on the Freedom in November so I was referred to your review and I got hooked from the first post. I must admit, unlike others, I did not shed a tear during the proposal or renewal. What got to me was post #1194 in which I began to get teary eyed. OH NO!!!!! SAY IT ISN'T OVER.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and I wish you and your lovely family the very best.

Thank you so much 2-4me, glad you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful cruise on the Valor. Mike

Mike, Tracey , family, grampy and nannie

Tracey, I wish you all the sucess that can come your way, you are in for a very long 6 months but the reward at the end is what you have worked so hard for, for so long.

Enjoy the cruise is Jan.

thanks again, for all the smiles ( I thought I was the only one who licked plates, you must of started a new trend)

Helen

Mike, Tracy and family...this was fabulous. I remember reading the early plans and propsal questions...thankfully today I decided to look a bit in my Carnival section. You are a wonderful family..you really know how to balance out a great cruise vacation..with a little bit of everything..some structure and some activities, shopping, fine dining, family times..renewed vows, chill time, exercise..wow you were faithful with that...I thought the month trip was fabulous. Things happen with that amount of time together..so many discoveries individually and as a group..it is such a pleasure to see such a happy gorgeous group enjoyng life and each other to the fullest...had a smile on my face all day as I read this in bits..so glad I did not miss it ..I remembered the great plans..be well on your next accomplishments and adventures. Happiest of holidays and thank you so much for sharing the grand adventure with us...Sarah..sjn911

Mike, Tracey , family, grampy and nannie

Tracey, I wish you all the sucess that can come your way, you are in for a very long 6 months but the reward at the end is what you have worked so hard for, for so long.

Enjoy the cruise is Jan.

thanks again, for all the smiles ( I thought I was the only one who licked plates, you must of started a new trend)

Helen

Tracy said thank you. With her going away in February it will make our January cruise that more special. I just started planning her going away party and if everything goes well then I'll be planning her coming home party. :D

I guess you can tell I love to plan things, I would have preferred it was our next multiple B2B cruise. As soon as she back for a while and she's accumelated some vacation time I will be planning at least one B2B. Hopefully, Dream and Liberty, both with an eastern itinerary in mind.

Mike, Tracy and family...this was fabulous. I remember reading the early plans and propsal questions...thankfully today I decided to look a bit in my Carnival section. You are a wonderful family..you really know how to balance out a great cruise vacation..with a little bit of everything..some structure and some activities, shopping, fine dining, family times..renewed vows, chill time, exercise..wow you were faithful with that...I thought the month trip was fabulous. Things happen with that amount of time together..so many discoveries individually and as a group..it is such a pleasure to see such a happy gorgeous group enjoyng life and each other to the fullest...had a smile on my face all day as I read this in bits..so glad I did not miss it ..I remembered the great plans..be well on your next accomplishments and adventures. Happiest of holidays and thank you so much for sharing the grand adventure with us...Sarah..sjn911

Thank you so much Sarah, glad you enjoyed it and happy holidays to you and yours. Mike

Congratulation Tracy and all the best on your training. We recently had a friend who finished his training and is now stationed up north. Curious to know how they would place you afterwards. Would they allow you to serve in the same community?

Absolutely, we could be on different shifts, or same shift but different departments or maybe neighbouring detachments, usually within a half hour of each other. Mike

Wow....fabulous review. It's great for you and your family to share this amazing adventure with us. We'll be on the Valor in May and I loved seeing all those pictures.

We were on a B2B on the Glory in 2009 and absolutely loved it and we have the Valor and the Glory booked for 2011 and I'm sure many more after that:D.

Wow....fabulous review. It's great for you and your family to share this amazing adventure with us. We'll be on the Valor in May and I loved seeing all those pictures.

We were on a B2B on the Glory in 2009 and absolutely loved it and we have the Valor and the Glory booked for 2011 and I'm sure many more after that:D.

Thank you Sylvie and Yvon. I was curious when I saw you were from New Brunswick, I did a little digging on your roll call post for your Glory B2B I see your from Moncton, my home town. I left almost 20 years ago, all my family is still there and I was hoping to go back after my retirement but now with Tracy starting her career it will probably be another 20 years or so. Oh well, c'est la vie. Enjoy your upcoming cruises. Mike

Thanks Mike for your outstanding review.

I had read and re-read your review prior to our sailing on the Freedom (11/28-12/4: first cruise), and when we boarded it felt like I had been there before-- this was because your pictures showed a real sense of how everything looked.

I have since gone back and re-read the review again to re-live the experience of being there-- I am still amazed at your pictures.

Thanks again:)

Thank you Sylvie and Yvon. I was curious when I saw you were from New Brunswick, I did a little digging on your roll call post for your Glory B2B I see your from Moncton, my home town. I left almost 20 years ago, all my family is still there and I was hoping to go back after my retirement but now with Tracy starting her career it will probably be another 20 years or so. Oh well, c'est la vie. Enjoy your upcoming cruises. Mike

We've been in Moncton for a little over 8 years and we love it. We are originally from Bathurst. Good Luck to Tracy on her new career and it's great that she is able to cruise with you in January since her training only starts in February. Enjoy your cruise planning...your 10 year plan looks great.:D

Thanks Mike for your outstanding review.

I had read and re-read your review prior to our sailing on the Freedom (11/28-12/4: first cruise), and when we boarded it felt like I had been there before-- this was because your pictures showed a real sense of how everything looked.

I have since gone back and re-read the review again to re-live the experience of being there-- I am still amazed at your pictures.

Thanks again:)

Thank you NHNEV2003, Happy my review was so helpful.

We've been in Moncton for a little over 8 years and we love it. We are originally from Bathurst. Good Luck to Tracy on her new career and it's great that she is able to cruise with you in January since her training only starts in February. Enjoy your cruise planning...your 10 year plan looks great.:D

Thanks again.