San Pedro CA Restaurants Open for Dinner on Thanksgiving Day

Cosmo30068

We are flying into LAX at noon on Thanksgiving Day. Our plan is to take Super Shuttle to the Crowne Plaza (which was $75 per night on Priceline - thanks for the advice). For anybody local, we are looking for a restaurant that would be open on Thanksgiving Day - hopefully close enough to use the free hotel shuttle. Not necessarily looking for traditional turkey & dressing, just would rather not order pizza in. By the way, we are on the Sapphire Princess leaving 11/27 for our first Mexican Riviera cruise.

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/restur.htm

You can call any restaurant that looks interesting and ask if they'll be open.

My personal nearby favorites are Neil's or Think Prime (which may be out of shuttle range but it never hurts to ask). Or either Think Cafe or Think Bistro, all run by the same family.

If you want to drop a bundle and have an extravagant meal, try Terranea or Trump National, both in neighboring Rancho Palos Verdes(you'd need to take a cab).

It's a good idea to call ahead of time as many of the ones that will be open, will often be booked up. I'm not a turkey eater, so when I was growing up, my parents had to look for a restaurant that had more than turkey and ham (which I didn't eat either). My mother wasn't into cooking for holiday meals.

Ports O' Call Restaurant, http://www.portsocalldining.com, has a waterfront location, and it will most likely be open. Tele: 310-833-3553. It is within the hotel's complimentary shuttle service.

Ante's Restaurant is another good choice, if they are open. They are located a block from the Crowne Plaza. antesrestaurant.com Their address is 729 S. Ante Perkov Way, San Pedro. Tele: 310-832-5375.

• 2 weeks later...

We are eating at L. A. Market at the JW Marriott on Thanksgiving. That is the restaurant in which the winner of Hell's Kitchen is going to work. It is open on Thanksgiving. We are cruising with you! Have you checked out the roll call??

We are eating at L. A. Market at the JW Marriott on Thanksgiving. That is the restaurant in which the winner of Hell's Kitchen is going to work. It is open on Thanksgiving. We are cruising with you! Have you checked out the roll call??

Phil,

That may be a great restaurant, but it's about 25 miles from San Pedro and could take up to an hour in each direction and require a rental car for someone staying in San Pedro...

I take it you have chosen, for some reason, to stay in Downtown Los Angeles?

Phil,

That may be a great restaurant, but it's about 25 miles from San Pedro and could take up to an hour in each direction and require a rental car for someone staying in San Pedro...

I take it you have chosen, for some reason, to stay in Downtown Los Angeles?

We chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza as it is close to the ship, and the great price we got for the stay. We are driving out the day before Thanksgiving to catch some sights, so we will have a car and don't mind the drive. Was just putting a suggestion out there. :D

Everyone on this board is so helpful. Gathering all this information just makes the trip more fun for me. If any of you ever wander over to Arizona hopefully I can be as much help. Now if only we had a sea port.

Thanks again

Cherry

Philsfun....we were thinking of doing LA market for Thanksgiving as well! Have you made your reservations?

Yes, we made our reservation through "opentable dot com" for 7:15 pm on Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to it as Hells Kitchen will be over by then and maybe the winner will be on duty :D

If you want to stay with a cruise theme, you could try the Queen Mary in Long Beach for Thanksgiving, you'd have to take a cab or shuttle, it's probably about a 35 to 45 minute drive on thanksgiving...one day that actualy has minimal traffic!

From San Pedro? More like 15-20 minutes.:) There are tons of restaurants in Long Beach, but if OP is flying in on Thanksgiving Day, I'd say stick close to "home," in this case the CP.

I'm not a fan of Ports of Call, either the restaurant of that name or the area in general. I find it overcrowded and shabby. But others disagree with me. To each his/her own.

One of my favorite restaurants, the Whale and Ale, is very close to the Crowne Plaza. Might even be walking distance, but definitely only a hort cab ride. It's a British Pub style but with a much wider menu. Their website does not say they'll be closed Thanksgiving, so I would suggest calling them. The food is awesome and I bet they might do an interesting T-Day menu if they are open.

http://www.whaleandale.com/

I've called Whale and Ale and they will be open on Thanksgiving. Antes said that is the only day of the year they close. So right now, it looks like we will have an early dinner at the Whale and Ale (we'll be on Atlanta time). We are renting a car on Friday after Thanksgiving next to the Crowne Plaza & taking a drive south to Newport Beach area. Then a swing by a store for wine & we'll be set for the cruise.

I've called Whale and Ale and they will be open on Thanksgiving. Antes said that is the only day of the year they close. So right now, it looks like we will have an early dinner at the Whale and Ale (we'll be on Atlanta time). We are renting a car on Friday after Thanksgiving next to the Crowne Plaza & taking a drive south to Newport Beach area. Then a swing by a store for wine & we'll be set for the cruise.

Enjoy it!

Archived