"Undercover Boss" on NCL Pride of America?

NLVCruiser702

It will be interesting to see if any of this comes to be. In the press release announcing some of the companies involved with season 2, NCL is not mentioned. Nascar, DirecTV, Great Wolf Resorts and Chiquita Brands International were named as companies that will be involved. That is not to say that NCL is not involved but I would think that NCL has more name recognition than Great Wolf Resorts has for press release purposes.

We'll see. But, I hope so.

PE

How would Kevin Sheehan deal with an AFR?? :eek: - PE

If you watched UB last Sunday, you know what an AFR is.... Oh dear... That would be one for the books....

Can't wait to see the episode.... Last Sunday was the premier.... Goodness, I hope KS will get along with the HD and whatnot....

I'll be watching for that episode...

And I thank you:

JWK: or am I?:cool::D:p

The first few episodes of UB were fun, but by now the show is clearly so contrived that it has taken the "fun" out of the show. To me it's obvious that the emplyees who the executives end up working with, and who get their due in the end, are likely handpicked for the benefit of the show (and ratings). But I admit that I laughed out loud at the AFR! :D

Now, if the CEO were to work on NCL, he should be given a new made up job - handle the chair hogs! Then work the naughty room. :D :p

It would be interesting to see the CEO of any major cruise line work at the Guest Relations desk... I would love to see how they handle some "situations"! :eek: Though having only watched two episodes of UB, most (all?) of the interactions I have seen them have is with their employees, not the public.

Tom

It would be interesting to see the CEO of any major cruise line work at the Guest Relations desk... I would love to see how they handle some "situations"! :eek: Though having only watched two episodes of UB, most (all?) of the interactions I have seen them have is with their employees, not the public.

Tom

Last week's at Great Wolf Resorts was handling Front Desk, and was insulted by a customer...

I have friends who work on the Pride of America. I heard the Executives were on board LAST week. I can find out if anything was being filmed sometime today. BUT, I expect it was one of many many travel shows around the world. They get that a lot.

I own a condo in a Kauai Hotel. There are film crews on the property several times a year for stuff like that.

If you watched UB last Sunday, you know what an AFR is.... Oh dear... That would be one for the books....

Can't wait to see the episode.... Last Sunday was the premier.... Goodness, I hope KS will get along with the HD and whatnot....

I'll be watching for that episode...

And I thank you:

JWK: or am I?:cool::D:p

Fantastic!!! UB USA is being aired in the UK from Sunday. It's a 9 part series starting with the boss of Hooters. Is this the same series where the above incidents occured and if so, how far into the series were they and what companies were represented in these particular incidents? :D :D

I have friends who work on the Pride of America. I heard the Executives were on board LAST week. I can find out if anything was being filmed sometime today. BUT, I expect it was one of many many travel shows around the world. They get that a lot.

I own a condo in a Kauai Hotel. There are film crews on the property several times a year for stuff like that.

SVP Andy Stuart as been tweeting from onboard the POA this week. Last post from Hilo yesterday.

Fantastic!!! UB USA is being aired in the UK from Sunday. It's a 9 part series starting with the boss of Hooters. Is this the same series where the above incidents occured and if so, how far into the series were they and what companies were represented in these particular incidents? :D :D

Hooters was Season 1. We're in Season 2 now.

I'm so glad to hear that Undercover Boss has reached "across the pond!" I think from your description that they are airing UB season ONE over there. Speaking of AFR, wait til you see the Waste Management Episode. They make the guy clean out PORT-O-POTTIES! That HAS GOT to be the record, until they made the poor girl clean up the AFR...manually...with a towel or something.... At least the WM guy had a suction hose.

I'm waiting for the episode where the CEO doesn't find a thing wrong with the company and not one inspiring story. Just like I'm waiting for when the Starship Enterprise goes to the remote outpost manned by scientists with no ability to defend themselves....and everything is fine and perfectly normal.

But back to the original topic, I hope Kevin Sheehan does the episode of Undercover Boss. That, and cruising is great, and NCL ROCKS!

And I tHanK yOu:

JWK: Trying not to get thrown into the floataway lounge....

We stayed in cabin 10000 on the Pride of America recently and were told the cabin was blocked with no guests for the October 2, 2010 sailing. PR department needed it for some filming.

Bosun visited the suite to do some paint touch-up around the balcony and clean the teak wood railing. He said he had been in a meeting where he was interviewed for possible involvement in the filming. He said the NCL CEO was known to be in Maui last week (a port of call for the POA) and he had never been on the POA. Thus the rumor was he was coming on-board as "Undercover Boss". Of course the CEO wouldn't be STAYING in cabin 10000 for UB. It is a penthouse suite facing the bow, two decks directly below the bridge with a view almost as good as the one the Captain has.

I asked the concierge to keep me posted via email on what happens. I'll keep you posted. If it IS UB, I'll recognize the cabin. It is unique among all cabins on the POA.

wow, never watched the program but daughter was just talking about it a few minutes ago. She watched the show this evening. Yes, do keep us posted.

Nita

I doubt this would be for the show Undercover Boss. It isn't too "undercover" if they know he is coming.

It's probably a surprise visit and he may do some crew jobs to see what it's like. More like what Bob Dickinson (Carnival) did on the PBS series "Back to the Floor".

Take care,

Mike

Mike,

Just to clarify, I didn't say they knew he was coming on board. I said they knew he was in Maui. No one mentioned anything about knowing the CEO was coming on board.

Bruce

It will be interesting to see if any of this comes to be. In the press release announcing some of the companies involved with season 2' date=' NCL is not mentioned. Nascar, DirecTV, Great Wolf Resorts and Chiquita Brands International were named as companies that will be involved. That is not to say that NCL is not involved but I would think that NCL has more name recognition than Great Wolf Resorts has for press release purposes.

We'll see. But, I hope so.

PE

[/color']

PE

My sense is that the companies already announced by CBS are those where the "reveal" has already taken place. For example, Great Wolf was on TV the night I made the original post (10/6). NCL would only be on that list if filming and the ending were already "in the can".

Bruce

PE

My sense is that the companies already announced by CBS are those where the "reveal" has already taken place. For example, Great Wolf was on TV the night I made the original post (10/6). NCL would only be on that list if filming and the ending were already "in the can".

Bruce

As I said, "We'll see, but I hope so".

Besides, I assure you that everything for this season was already in the can before the press release that I mentioned.

PE

It could also be that the filming for others that have not been relased are for the next season? Hence the reason they haven't mentioned NCL as of yet. Only time will tell. It would be great to see though. Those that are showing now were probably filmed months ago.

I had almost forgotten that some type of reality show was being filmed on the Epic last week. Also, this thread reminded me that a young woman who I believe was NCL's head of PR was onboard. Not sure if this has any relevance at all....

Archived