"Undercover Boss" on NCL Pride of America?

NLVCruiser702

We stayed in cabin 10000 on the Pride of America recently and were told the cabin was blocked with no guests for the October 2, 2010 sailing. PR department needed it for some filming.

Bosun visited the suite to do some paint touch-up around the balcony and clean the teak wood railing. He said he had been in a meeting where he was interviewed for possible involvement in the filming. He said the NCL CEO was known to be in Maui last week (a port of call for the POA) and he had never been on the POA. Thus the rumor was he was coming on-board as "Undercover Boss". Of course the CEO wouldn't be STAYING in cabin 10000 for UB. It is a penthouse suite facing the bow, two decks directly below the bridge with a view almost as good as the one the Captain has.

I asked the concierge to keep me posted via email on what happens. I'll keep you posted. If it IS UB, I'll recognize the cabin. It is unique among all cabins on the POA.

... He said the NCL CEO was known to be in Maui last week (a port of call for the POA) and he had never been on the POA. ....

Don't know if Mr Sheehan is going to be on "Undercover Boss" but I'm sure that he has been on the PofA by now. Will be interesting to see.

It was a code call at a water park for Accidental Fecal Release. :eek:

PE

I'm glad to discover that I'm not the only one who watches this show. It is on Sunday nights at 9:00 EST. Hopefully, NCL's CEO won't have to deal with an AFR because we know all parents keep their untrained tots out of the pools and hot tubs. :rolleyes:

... Hopefully, NCL's CEO won't have to deal with an AFR because we know all parents keep their untrained tots out of the pools and hot tubs.

LOL - the untrained tots are not the problem... it's the untrained parents!!

Tom

I doubt this would be for the show Undercover Boss. It isn't too "undercover" if they know he is coming.

It's probably a surprise visit and he may do some crew jobs to see what it's like. More like what Bob Dickinson (Carnival) did on the PBS series "Back to the Floor".

Take care,

Mike

I thought that too - not very "undercover" if they know you are coming! But, a have seen the show a few times, and at the end they do reveal their true identity to all the staff that the boss has been working with. Then they do some interviews and such with boss and staff, so maybe that is what they were going to film - after the surprise was over? I will make sure to watch.

Archived