HH ocean-view cabin ( obstructed)

Isasprings

From your signature, can I assume you're asking about Westerdam HH? The cabin is large, the same size as nearby balcony cabins (but obviously, without the balcony!)

The amount of light is luck of the draw. Your obstruction will be a lifeboat pasted against your window. Sometimes quite a bit of light comes through the lifeboat windows, or above the lifeboat itself. Depends on how it's positioned.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2008230900047287437JLYmMJ

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2951971290011762911IOFgZh

I can't say if either of these show HH, H, GG (fully obstructed) or G (partially obstructed).

From your signature, can I assume you're asking about Westerdam HH? The cabin is large, the same size as nearby balcony cabins (but obviously, without the balcony!)

The amount of light is luck of the draw. Your obstruction will be a lifeboat pasted against your window. Sometimes quite a bit of light comes through the lifeboat windows, or above the lifeboat itself. Depends on how it's positioned.

I can't say if either of these show HH, H, GG (fully obstructed) or G (partially obstructed).

Thx for the pics:). I've booked this type of room for my cruise in April and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. It's much better then the inside cabins I've had for the longest time.

Thanks! for the pic.

I can only speak of the HH on the Vista ships Oosterdam and Westerdam.

The windows is rather large from floor to ceiling. The lifeboat is your blocker of a full view.

Now if your sailing is a tender port, you will have a full view for that time. On both of my Vista ship sailings, the lifeboat position in front of my cabin was used. For a couple of hours I had a unobstructed view.

If a HH is the same cost as an outside I will go with the HH

I fully agree with you! The only inside We've been on was on NCL, and was really small. :eek: Using the shower made the entire floor of the bath wet and we had a hard time both dressing for dinner at the same time. :eek: Add to that the black like a cave; we will NOT ever let a friend book for us again, or eccept an inside!!!

An OV, on HAL is the best we've ever had (Except the OLD NCL Crown, now modified and sailing for a different line) out of 4 lines including Azamara.

The windows is rather large from floor to ceiling. The lifeboat is your blocker of a full view.

Now if your sailing is a tender port, you will have a full view for that time. On both of my Vista ship sailings, the lifeboat position in front of my cabin was used. For a couple of hours I had a unobstructed view.

I'll will also be in a HH which was an upgrade from an inside due to a price reduction. I know it will be obstructed but didn't realize the window was from floor to ceiling. In the slim chance we get upgraded from there do most of those cabins have the floor to celing window?

What is the difference between the HH, H & GG? It looks like the HAL site all 3 are obstructed. Also, which deck is the HH on?

We booked an HH, they offered an upsell to a VA, and then offered another upsell to an SS. So we ended up in an SS. And this was the Christmas cruise!! But we were perfectly happy to be in the HH if that hadn't happened, the room looked fine and the price was right. And before anyone asks what we paid, it was a couple years ago, I don't recall, sorry, but the HH price was inflated to begin with since it was a holiday cruise.

What is the difference between the HH, H & GG? It looks like the HAL site all 3 are obstructed. Also, which deck is the HH on?

They're all on Upper Promenade. The difference is distance from mid-ship, and how much obstruction there is. Some are fully obstructed; i.e. the lifeboat is dead center to your cabin. Others are partially obstructed; i.e. the lifeboat is off center, so there is more view.

All are very nice size cabins, with the floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows. There's a lot of light that comes in.

There are only 6 HH on the Westerdam and Oosterdam (4057 to 4062) and they are all above an emergency lifeboat, not a tender/lifeboat. You must have had an H in the range of 4103 to 4120, not an HH.

In the slim chance we get upgraded from there do most of those cabins have the floor to celing window?
If you're upgraded to C through F on the Main deck you will only have a 2.5 ft x 3.5 ft window.

To my memory without looking on Westerdam site, "H" is a porthole cabin.
There are no porthole cabins on the Vistas.

Thank you so much everyone for helpful information. We were initally upgraded from an inside to HH due to a price drop. The TA I belive mentioned it could go to a catergoy H. Even though it wouild be obstructive I think we would like to have the floor to celing window. It would be nice to have light coming in. We haven't received our cabin # yet.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much everyone for helpful information. We were initally upgraded from an inside to HH due to a price drop. The TA I belive mentioned it could go to a catergoy H. Even though it wouild be obstructive I think we would like to have the floor to celing window. It would be nice to have light coming in. We haven't received our cabin # yet.

Thanks again.

I called Hal today and they said I will have my cabin # a week before sailing.

To my memory without looking on Westerdam site, "H" is a porthole cabin.

No Porthole's Staterooms on Westerdam. There are Partial Views but no Portholes. The H and HH are on Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck. There are a few photos of the H Category here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html You can also look at them on the other 3 Vista ships (Noordam, Oosterdam and Zuiderdam) here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ About the only difference between the staterooms on these 4 ships would be the decor.

I had to double check as I could not remember.

Joanie

Archived