An UPGRADE!!!

pmdc5696

:D:DMy daughter and I are sailing on the Summit on Nov 20 and noticed a price drop after I made the final payment. I know about the policy change but decided to call anyway. The gal on the phone was great! She apologized for not being able to give us the onboard credit, noticed we sailed frequently and then put me on hold. When she came back, she offered to upgrade us from our S2 to a C2! We have never sailed before on the concierge level before (up until last Jan, we always booked insides). I am going to be so spoiled. We are so excited. Still trying to figure out what a "pillow menu" is all about. We are counting the days!:D

I'm confused... an S2 is a Sky Suite while a C2 is just a concierge class balcony... do you have your original category wrong, because that would be a downgrade, not an upgrade!

Got so excited, I quoted the wrong room! We went from a 2B to a C2. :o We are still very excited! Is there any suggestions folks have on ammenities not to miss or that made the trip extra special?

Got so excited, I quoted the wrong room! We went from a 2B to a C2. :o We are still very excited! Is there any suggestions folks have on ammenities not to miss or that made the trip extra special?

very nice upgrade! Your room service menu is also an upgrade in C2. You also have a bottle of Champagne in your stateroom when you arrive and at 4pm daily canapes..we told our Stateroom att we would rather have grapes, crackers and cheese and that's what he gave us every afternoon. Also get nicer CC robes compared to the waffle robes in 2B. Enjoy!

Congrats! You have received a very good upgrade. In addition to getting the extra amenities, a C2 cabin is a little larger than a 2B.

Following is Celebrity's list of the concierge amenities. IMHO some of them are really nice while some are merely so-so or essentially worthless, but you will soon be able to form your own opinion.

Celebrity Concierge

These exceptional balcony staterooms are set in the most desirable locations of each ship. Designed for the traveller who settles in nicely to accommodations where little details make a big difference. Savour unexpected delights such as fresh flower arrangements, personalised stationery and complimentary shoeshine service. The attention to detail will amaze you, even as you sleep on the perfect pillow you've selected from our pillow menu.Stateroom features:

Priority check-in counter

Complimentary welcome sparkling wine

Fresh fruit and flowers and nightly deliveries of hors d'oeuvres

Extra handheld hair dryer

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead and plush Frette® bathrobes

100% Egyptian-cotton oversized bath towels

Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences

Complimentary shoeshine service

Express luggage delivery

Celebrity tote bag

Personalized stationery

Golf umbrella and complimentary use of high-quality binoculars

An expanded room-service breakfast menu

Pillow menu for a perfect night's sleep

If you find the "plush Frette® bathrobes" too hot and heavy for a Caribbean cruise, you can ask your stateroom attendant to exchange them for lighter ones.

If you are not familiar with the various pillows listed on the pillow menu, you can ask to see one of each before deciding which you want.

If you are accustomed to good binoculars, you may want to bring your own because most people do not consider the binoculars provided in concierge class to be "high-quality" at all.

If you find that you don't care for the daily afternoon canapes, you can ask to have something else delivered to your cabin instead, but the selections available that way are still extremely limited compared to what you can get upstairs. For a much greater variety of choices, just head for the afternoon tea spread on deck 10. Here is a link to a dozen photos for an idea of what is typically provided there each afternoon.

-Afternoon Tea Photos

The expanded breakfast menu is very nice. Depending on who delivers the breakfast, we have found that the person may or may not set up the table on the balcony with a nice tablecloth and flowers. Just ask for the tablecloth setup if you don't get it automatically.

Enjoy your cruise!

If one wishes to receive the plain old waffle robe, can that be requested? The waffle robe an easier fit and cooler IMO. ;)
If you find the "plush Frette® bathrobes" too hot and heavy ...... you can ask your stateroom attendant to exchange them for lighter ones.

I'd call again if it's not too late, or call anyway. ;)

fleckle - Obviously, I didn't see the information you wrote about the bathrobe exchange. :rolleyes: I thought what you had listed was direct quoting from the Celebrity site and didn't read further down the page. :D Thank you!

Archived