Pacific Dawn delayed Mon 11 Oct 2010

stanc61

It is not looking good for passengers to get off soon:

Personally I feel worse for those trying to get on, not those wanting off.

The duration for the next cruise is rapidly shrinking, although it is a 12 night so maybe they can make it up somehow.

No doubt Thied will give an an update when he gets back to land.

If this rain keeps up Brisbane is in big trouble, the dams are overflowing, and Wivenhoe was built as flood mitigation for Brisbane, it is only supposed to hold 50%.

It is absolutely bucketing down here in Caloundra! We are starting to develop webbed feet - quack, quack.

12 more sleeps until our Sapphire Princess departure - the lengths we are forced to go to to escape the "Beautiful One Day, Perfect the Next (not!!) Weather!!

Hope all Pacific Dawn cruisers are safe and well.

Nicki

Hahaha David, I'm not saying another word after this. :rolleyes: The Daintree has gone back in and the Dawn has gone back to her circle.

Goodness knows what's going on. :confused:

I agree Sandi....Tis a mystery indeed. A decision will have to be made soon as to what they are going to do as a lot of people are relying on P&O for their dinner tonight.....both on the ship and on shore:eek:

Hi all

What a day for both incoming & outgoing passengers as well as the P&O Staff & Cew.

It has now beeen advised on the Queensland Ports Shipping Schedule website that the Pacific Dawn will now berth at Portside at 5.30am Tuesday & depart Portside at 2.00pm Tuesday.

Hi all

What a day for both incoming & outgoing passengers as well as the P&O Staff & Cew.

It has now beeen advised on the Queensland Ports Shipping Schedule website that the Pacific Dawn will now berth at Portside at 5.30am Tuesday & depart Portside at 2.00pm Tuesday.

Those poor cabin stewards will have to clean the cabins again tomorrow morning. They work so hard on port days!

Hi all

Those poor cabin stewards will have to clean the cabins again tomorrow morning. They work so hard on port days!

This is what horrifies and shames us every time we see that fellow Australians sometimes object, and refuse the international cruise ship culture of service charges/tipping.

That is all we will say on this thread/issue..

For this event, however, hope that everyone is adequately compensated, somehow, perhaps by insurance, because its not the cruiselines fault.

Cheers ..

S and P

I'ts still extremely gusty here on the Gold Coast. We've had 246mm of rain and up to 70knot winds here over the weekend. Do hope it subsides by morning for Pacific Dawn. In the meantime they'll all get dizzy go around and around in circles all night.

I remember the same thing happening to the 'Virgo' or was it 'Leo' whichever one was down here a few years ago. It was anchored in Morton Bay for 2 days due to wx.

Jillybean:eek:

And even longer for those waiting to board. They have to find somewhere to go for the night if they have flown in.

Passengers waiting to board had been taken to the Mercure in the City - presumably those that don't have homes in Brisbane to go to will be put up there for the night.

This is what horrifies and shames us every time we see that fellow Australians sometimes object, and refuse the international cruise ship culture of service charges/tipping.

... and if the cost of cleaning isn't included in the fare, then allow me to pick the days I want the cabin cleaned and pay only for those. :)

Archived