Carryon

butterflysweeti

Hi,

I have recently read that any wine brought on board MUST be put in your carryon, not packed in your suitcase.

Does this apply also any pop or water as well?

Also, does security (or whoever) really go through everyone's suitcases without you there? Do you have to leave your suitcase??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi,

I have recently read that any wine brought on board MUST be put in your carryon, not packed in your suitcase.

Also, does security (or whoever) really go through everyone's suitcases without you there? Do you have to leave your suitcase??

Yes soda and water is also carry on.

They xray the suitcases they don't open everyone unless they see contraband in there.

You don't have to check your cases but any carryon must fit through the xray machine at the check in and you have to carry it around until the cabins are ready.

Hi,

You are allowed to bring ONE (1) 750ml bottle of wine per person that is over the age of 21, and that MUST be in a bag that you will be carrying on. Any soda and/or water that you wish to bring with you on the cruise MUST be carried on. If you plan on bringing these items in a cooler, it MUST be in a soft-sided cooler that is no larger than 12"x12"x12".

If you pack wine in luggage that you will be handing over to the porters, it WILL be confiscated and returned to you the last night of the cruise. No ifs/ands/buts... Any soda/water that is found in your luggage may/may not be returned to you - depends on the mood of the security officers.

Yes soda and water is also carry on.

They xray the suitcases they don't open everyone unless they see contraband in there.

You don't have to check your cases but any carryon must fit through the xray machine at the check in and you have to carry it around until the cabins are ready.

Thanks - on another post I read about someone having wine in their suitcase - it was taken (they weren't aware it had to be in the carryon) and they said there was a note in their suitcase that it was taken... that's why I was wondering if "they/security" went through everyones suitcases.

This is a timely thread because I sailed Carnival Pride last February and was able to pack my 2 bottles in my checked luggage. We are sailing in 2 weeks, again on the Pride and I was planning, as usual, to pack my 2 bottles in my checked, unlocked luggage. I usually just carry my purse and pack everything else. So it appears from these posts that if we want to take our 2 allowed bottles of wine onboard we don't have the option of packing them, only carrying/hauling them around until we can get into our room? Thanks for any info re this new rule, as last February it was fine to pack your 2 bottles in checked luggage.

This is a timely thread because I sailed Carnival Pride last February and was able to pack my 2 bottles in my checked luggage. We are sailing in 2 weeks, again on the Pride and I was planning, as usual, to pack my 2 bottles in my checked, unlocked luggage. I usually just carry my purse and pack everything else. So it appears from these posts that if we want to take our 2 allowed bottles of wine onboard we don't have the option of packing them, only carrying/hauling them around until we can get into our room? Thanks for any info re this new rule, as last February it was fine to pack your 2 bottles in checked luggage.

Yes, the rules have changed. If you wish to read about it, they are on Carnival.com

Thanks - on another post I read about someone having wine in their suitcase - it was taken (they weren't aware it had to be in the carryon) and they said there was a note in their suitcase that it was taken... that's why I was wondering if "they/security" went through everyones suitcases.

They will open them, if they are unlocked, and look if something catches their eye on the xray. If you lock them, you will notified when and where to come to unlock it.

They will open them, if they are unlocked, and look if something catches their eye on the xray. If you lock them, you will notified when and where to come to unlock it.

Or, if you use plastic zip ties to "lock" your luggage, they mayl simply cut the ties off, remove prohibited items and replace with a letter, and then put a new zip tie and deliver luggage to cabin.:o

I was just thinking.. If I pack a bottle of wine in my checked luggage will I have to go somewhere to claim my luggage? Or will I just get my bags with a note they took the wine? I know I will bring a bottle in my carry on, but wouldn't mind a bottle being returned to me on the last night. I just don't want to have to go somewhere to claim my bag.

Thanks..

I was just thinking.. If I pack a bottle of wine in my checked luggage will I have to go somewhere to claim my luggage? Or will I just get my bags with a note they took the wine? I know I will bring a bottle in my carry on, but wouldn't mind a bottle being returned to me on the last night. I just don't want to have to go somewhere to claim my bag.

Thanks..

Some have not gotten the confiscated liquor back the last night, they had to go pick it up the morning of debarkation. Happened to me once (they said too many 20 somethings onboard.) who knows... I also read someone say this happened to them in one of these threads.

Ill betcha there has been a thread asking about bringing soda, water or their wine onboard almost every single day for months and months. I know Iv answered this question over and over again ... Im surprised that even so, this many people are still unaware of the rules.

Ill betcha there has been a thread asking about bringing soda, water or their wine onboard almost every single day for months and months. I know Iv answered this question over and over again ... Im surprised that even so, this many people are still unaware of the rules.

Amen to that. EM

Archived