who is tipped from prepaid gratuities?

Kimmisuecruiser

Does prepaid gratuities go towards the staff in the dining room, or just the people who take care of your room? I've seen that it's good to tip room services, but didn't know if we needed to tip dinner too since we are doing prepaid gratuities.

Prepaid covers the same staff as the daily added to your sail and sign account. You are covered for the dining.

Does prepaid gratuities go towards the staff in the dining room, or just the people who take care of your room? I've seen that it's good to tip room services, but didn't know if we needed to tip dinner too since we are doing prepaid gratuities.

everyone is covered except for room service and maitre'd. I always tip for room service, very rarely tip maitre'd

Prepaid only means you pay before you actually cruise....they won't be added to your S&S card....it has nothing to do with how the tips are distributed, as others have mentioned. It is the same as would be added to you S&S.

Some like to prepay before their cruise to have a smaller bill at end.

It really covers your room attendant, waiter, ass't. waiter and head waiter. Any drink purchases will have 15% added as the tip.

That covers everyone who should be tipped...except for any room service deliveries, should you use that!

Mamas,

ROOM SERVICE.... not room steward.

Parents of 5..

Depending on how many people order and the amount you order...as a single, I normally tip $1-2.

I believe it's broken down to $3.50 room steward/ $3.50 head waiter/ $2.00 asst. waiter and $1.00 for buffet staff.....Have fun next week crzndeb...see yah soon....Dennis

The auto-tips go to everyone who needs to be tipped except:

• Room service - tip per delivery
  • Kids camp staff - tip as appropriate
  • Maitre d' - tip only if someone special was done

Everyone else - dining staff, room stewards, and many others share in the tip pool.

Mamas,

ROOM SERVICE.... not room steward.

Parents of 5..

Depending on how many people order and the amount you order...as a single, I normally tip $1-2.

Gotcha, sorry I misread it. Dd had widom teeth out the morning after we got back from our cruise and I have had to stay on the computer to keep me awake so we could do meds, cold~then heat packs etc...

anyway, thanks!

Archived