We sail tomorrow : ) couple of last min. questions

amillard222

Ok I know I may have waited to late but I just thought of a couple of last minute questions.

Do we need to arrive 15-20 min. early for dinner or do people normally arrive right at their seating time?

Do I really need to be worried about an alarm clock? I have one packed but its not really loud, is there wake up calls provided?

thanks all, I know there was more but now I am so excited i cant remember:D

Yes, there are wake up calls you program from your phone.

We arrive a little early, but they wait until the whole table arrives usually before they take the order anyway, so if you are early like us compared to others, you will sit and wait once seated.

Ok I know I may have waited to late but I just thought of a couple of last minute questions.

Do we need to arrive 15-20 min. early for dinner or do people normally arrive right at their seating time?

Do I really need to be worried about an alarm clock? I have one packed but its not really loud, is there wake up calls provided?

For assigned dining time the doors don't open until the exact time. If you get there too early you will just be standing and waiting.

You can program a wakeup call into your phone - instructions are provided.

Enjoy your cruise :)

We arrived exactly at our seating time. One night there was a line to get in and another night we walked right in at our designated time. (late seating)

Not sure about the wake up calls though. Next time I plan on bringing a watch or a clock. Just so I know what time it is. We didnt require a wake up call since we were at the front of the ship...the bow thrusters woke us up each time we pulled into port.

I will wave at Fantasy as I am on my way to work. Its like a kick in the teeth though. :(

Hope you have a great cruise. We ussually leave our cabin for dinner about 7-8 minute before the assigned time and there is a long line waiting when we get there. You can get a wake up call, although there is a number to call to set it up, we have never been able to get through. Just stop by the guest service desk and they will set it up for you

1. There is no need to arrive early unless you want to.

2. They provide wake up call.

Coming early is an option if you are sitting with a group and want to sit in a particular seat. Otherwise, your table is reserved when you arrive at your assigned time.

Since you are going on the Fantasy, if you are in the FWD dining room, you can enter the dining room from the Mid elevators and bypass all the crowds waiting to get in. This is the back doors to the dining room.

Dave

Do we need to arrive 15-20 min. early for dinner or do people normally arrive right at their seating time? No. There is nothing worst than standing in a small packed area waiting for the doors to open. We usually leave for the dinning room two minutes before our time starts. That way by the time we get there the crowds are in and we are not late. :)

Do I really need to be worried about an alarm clock? I have one packed but its not really loud, is there wake up calls provided? There are wake up calls!

I hope you have a fantastic trip. :)

Do we need to arrive 15-20 min. early for dinner or do people normally arrive right at their seating time? It's better to come right at the dining time, after the early birds have gone in, so you don't have to wait. 15-20 min is rediculous!

Do I really need to be worried about an alarm clock? I have one packed but its not really loud, is there wake up calls provided? Wake up calls are available

Enjoy your cruise, you'll have a blast! Just don't worry about too much, it'll all be great!!! Lucky you, I could really use a cruise right now...:(:(:( Sad...

You can arrive in the mdr at dinner time, no problem.

Wake up calls are provided. Have a great cruise.:D

[. You can get a wake up call, although there is a number to call to set it up, we have never been able to get through. Just stop by the guest service desk and they will set it up for you

You program your phone according to the instructions provided in your room book.....it is by military time 2300 = 11PM, 0700 = 7AM.

You will not "get through" to anyone, the phone just records what you enter, then hang up, it's set!

I always go to one of the bars for a pre-dinner cocktail(s)...Ketel One Dirty Martini, up, 3 olives, please...and carry it into the dining room with me, saves me the hassle of flagging down the bartender in the dining room which oftentimes can be a hit or miss situation. This way, I have my drink when I sit down and am ready for some serious food.

Rose

If you're worried about programming the wake up call - use room service as a back up. I set our wake up call and then ask for room service (hang the card on our door before going to bed)a bit after the wake up call - works great have a great cruise:p

Lidolounger beat me to it! I love having room service deliver after the wake up call. Gives me time to snooze a bit before having to answer the door. Makes a nice transition for me.

Happy Sailing!

Archived