Crowne Grill vs Sterling Steakhouse?

Eleni2007

Hey Everyone,

I'm a bit confused... is there a Crowne Grill and a Sterling Steakhouse on the Emerald Princess?? We are trying to decide whether to go to Sabatinis or Crowne Grill on our upcoming Dec. 28th cruise, but also just read on the princess website (under specialty dining) that there is a Sterling Steakhouse.

Please clarify for me... and tell me which one we shoudl go to.. we have never gone to a specialty restuarant in our other previous 7 princess cruises.

thanks in advance!!!

Eleni

Hey Everyone,

I'm a bit confused... is there a Crowne Grill and a Sterling Steakhouse on the Emerald Princess?? We are trying to decide whether to go to Sabatinis or Crowne Grill on our upcoming Dec. 28th cruise, but also just read on the princess website (under specialty dining) that there is a Sterling Steakhouse.

Please clarify for me... and tell me which one we shoudl go to.. we have never gone to a specialty restuarant in our other previous 7 princess cruises.

thanks in advance!!!

Eleni

It's a Crown Grill on the Emerald...

If you want to view the menus here's a link:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/index.html

Hey Everyone,

thanks in advance!!!

Eleni

The Sterling Steakhouse is on the Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Pacific Princess, Ocean Princess and Royal Princess

The Bayou Cafe is on the Island Princess and Coral Princess.

The Crown Grill is on the Golden Princess, Star Princess, Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess.

There is no comparison between the Sterling and Crown Grill, they are 2 totally different venues.

Crown Grill is the new dedicated steak house for Princess. ;)

Hi Colo Cruiser -

Could you expand on this a bit? I'll be on the Sapphire in January and was considering the Sterling. We've eaten at Sabatini's and really liked it (on the Crown, I believe), but were considering branching out. Your thoughts?

Hi Colo Cruiser -

Could you expand on this a bit? I'll be on the Sapphire in January and was considering the Sterling. We've eaten at Sabatini's and really liked it (on the Crown, I believe), but were considering branching out. Your thoughts?

I feel the same way...less choices, not quite as good & less ambiance in the Sapphire's Sterling. It's a seperated aft section of the Horizon Court & eating dinner the sun beat in even with the draps closed. For me, it was good but not up to the same level as the Crown Grill. If you looked at the Princess link I posted earlier, you can view the difference in their menus.

Of course since this isn't an option on the Sapphire, it's as good as it gets for a steak house.

Hi Colo Cruiser -

The Sterling on the Sapphire is a setup area in the rear of the Horizon Court in the evening. In the daytime its seating for the buffet.

The Crown Grill is a beautiful dedictated venue with dark woods and used specificly for the steakhouse. The kitchen area is open so that you can see the meals being prepared. There is usually a display case where you can see the live lobsters/mussels etc. We love it.

When only Sterling is available, the food is still excellent though.

I, also did Sterling's on the Sapphire last December and I was very reluctant to eat at a "steak house" which was part of the buffet area during the day. I have to say it was very well done and it felt pretty much like a totally separate room. We had no problem w/ the sun, but as I mentioned it was December. It was dark by dinner time. You shouldn't have any problems in January either. It was a lot better (food and ambiance both) than I anticipated but it was a LOT of food. Very large portions IMO.

I was on the Caribbean Princess two years ago and we ate at a steak specialty restaurant, but I wasn't too impressed. But was this restaurant replaced with the Crown Grill? I hope so because we loved Sabatini's but I wouldn't have gone back to the other place.

I was on the Caribbean Princess two years ago and we ate at a steak specialty restaurant, but I wasn't too impressed. But was this restaurant replaced with the Crown Grill? I hope so because we loved Sabatini's but I wouldn't have gone back to the other place.

Yes, new restaurant new location. ;)

Archived