What would you do?

hlb76

I am looking at booking our winter get-a-way. On a day like today where it is cold, windy, wet it is making me more and more serious.

I think we have it decided we are doing a straight up 7 day vs the B2B we where looking at. I think we have it done to either Valor or Glory both are out of Miami and the same ports of call. So it's down to which ship is best? I know they are the same class of ship.

Anyone been on either lately and have advice to share? I would love to see pics and hear all your stories. I need a mental break from this cold crazy MN weather.

TIA

:)

I have been on both and they are identical layout sister ships. I don't care what the decor is so that isn't something that I'll comment on. they are both great ships.

I would choose the Glory only because it leaves on Sunday and I always fly in a day early and wouldn't have to take an extra day like I would if the Valor is still a Saturday departure.

John Heald's bloggers cruise is on the Glory 2/27/11, you might want to check that out. I would also consider flying into FLL and taking the SAS shuttle to POM since it's much cheaper air.

I too have done both of these ships, multiple times, and I too say it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both are excellent, and almost identical in every way. The departure day might be the deciding factor for me as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either ship.

Have a GREAT one.

"SKY"

Well, if you are in the market for a cruise in February 2012... We are sailing on the Valor for Valentines day. (its an official cruise critic group cruise- prices are below in my signature)

anyways. you have until NOV 1 (ONLY) to book this cruise with a $25.00pp deposit to hold your spot.

Its affordable-- and we make weekly/monthly payments.

Thanks!!! In the past year all I heard where wonder Valor stories seems everyone was in love w/ Valor. After being on 3 different ships I realized I enjoy the whole experience more than the ship. I was on the Imagination x2 and both where very different cruises due to the CD and other staff. Well the ship was different too w/ the addition of water works and new food stations.

I think all of that is about standard on the ships these days.

I am looking at booking our winter get-a-way. On a day like today where it is cold, windy, wet it is making me more and more serious.

I think we have it decided we are doing a straight up 7 day vs the B2B we where looking at. I think we have it done to either Valor or Glory both are out of Miami and the same ports of call. So it's down to which ship is best? I know they are the same class of ship.

Anyone been on either lately and have advice to share? I would love to see pics and hear all your stories. I need a mental break from this cold crazy MN weather.

TIA

:)

No kidding on the WINDY weather here! What leaves were still on the trees will be in MI by morning. I got off of the Valor this past Sunday. LOVED IT!! Some think the decor is a little over the top, but I liked it. The CD is a lil guy named "Goose". He seemed to enjoy his job, but he wasn't quite as pumped as other CD's I've experienced. The food was great. We chose the anytime dining. The kids loved snorkeling and stingray city in GC. In Roatan we ziplined....awesome!! Which ever you choose I'm sure it will be lots of fun.... but in the mean time....hang on to your hat and your deck furniture!! :eek:

Archived