Booking cruise for parents

crzy4wild

Do I use my mothers madien name on birth certificate or married name on her drivers license? She doesn't have a passport. I know this had to been asked before, I couldn't find an answer that wasn't specific to an issue. Thanks

True but if her driver's license and BC do not match, she will also need to bring her marriage certificate. Or she should get a passport.
Should bring, perhaps. Yes, some women are asked for the bridge, usually if something is different about their first name and/or birth date. But even RCCL removed the marriage certificate 'requirement' from their documentation pages. A passport would be even easier, as you suggest.

Unless the ship never leaves the U.S. (I assume that she's a U.S. citizen?) she needs to have a passport.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

You do not need a passport for a closed loop cruise (ie starts and ends inthe same US port) and goes to Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Caribbean, etc.

A passport is recommended for these cruises, but not required. Should a passenger need to leave the ship and fly home from outside the US, it would take a while to get a passport from the US embassy in that country.

Book her name for what is on the drivers license.

Many females board with a married name- you had to show a marriage license to get the name changed on the drivers license.

She still needs a state issue birth certificate

Archived